C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

No. VA alert: Cops in C32

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-25-2003, 04:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Question No. VA alert: Cops in C32

I was told a few days ago that Fairfax Co. police cruise around in an unmarked C32 and specifically target street racers. Not sure to what extent this is trustworthy, but it sure sounds crazy enough to be true. The source even mentioned one of the giveaways: well-built occupants older than a typical street racer, "obviously not belonging" in that car. Hmm... I guess, we'll see...
Old 02-25-2003, 04:46 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Old 02-25-2003, 05:38 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
Apparantly VA is doing well then, because with the huge deficit CA is facing we can only get Camaro police cars... which are obviously donated by Chevy.

Last edited by 20FHK02; 02-25-2003 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-25-2003, 07:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Coupe (2010)
Considering I am not even about to attempt to roll a C32 //amg I will be just fine.
Old 02-25-2003, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Originally posted by 20FHK02
Apparantly VA is doing well then, because with the huge deficit CA is facing we can only get Camero police cars... which are obviously donated by Chevy.
CAMARO, not camero
Old 02-25-2003, 12:51 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
Originally posted by TimmyC230boy
CAMARO, not camero
Ya, sorry if you offended you anyhow, the ex-CAMARO owner
Old 02-25-2003, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2011 E550 Sedan
remind me not to race any unmarked c classes in vermont
Old 02-25-2003, 04:38 PM

Re: No. VA alert: Cops in C32

WHY NOT !!!

Vadim - do you remember our entire FallsChruch police dept had Volvos for doing the people's business - including chases and patrol

But then again - a C32 is a tad too much. Beside I doubt most kids would even recognise an AMG to pick a fight with him

Originally posted by vadim
I was told a few days ago that Fairfax Co. police cruise around in an unmarked C32 and specifically target street racers. Not sure to what extent this is trustworthy, but it sure sounds crazy enough to be true. The source even mentioned one of the giveaways: well-built occupants older than a typical street racer, "obviously not belonging" in that car. Hmm... I guess, we'll see...
Old 02-25-2003, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: Re: No. VA alert: Cops in C32

Originally posted by Benzer
WHY NOT !!!

Vadim - do you remember our entire FallsChruch police dept had Volvos for doing the people's business - including chases and patrol

But then again - a C32 is a tad too much. Beside I doubt most kids would even recognise an AMG to pick a fight with him
That's the point! C32 is a sleeper to most kids, perfect disguise - that's why they can bust street racers.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:17 PM

96 M3
being a "kid" ill take offense to that. I couldnt take C32s if my life depended on it, but id prolly run one for fun.......but my home being nova, i guess ill have to think twice

Also, this isnt that uncommon, some countys have street racing units, and as for nova, its probably a confiscated car. My friends dad works for the cops, and they used a confiscated 528 to do a drug bust. Personally i think the police starting races is entrapment, but lots of people will disagree. In any event, be careful guys.
Old 02-26-2003, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally posted by Mo'cedes Mo'problems
being a "kid" ill take offense to that. I couldnt take C32s if my life depended on it, but id prolly run one for fun.......but my home being nova, i guess ill have to think twice

Also, this isnt that uncommon, some countys have street racing units, and as for nova, its probably a confiscated car. My friends dad works for the cops, and they used a confiscated 528 to do a drug bust. Personally i think the police starting races is entrapment, but lots of people will disagree. In any event, be careful guys.
They won't start races. They will simply cruise around or sit quietly in their C32 and bust racers who would never associate that Benz with any danger.
Old 02-26-2003, 04:35 PM

96 M3
maybe in this case, but on this other forum i belong to, a bunch of people have been reved on by cops in unmarked cars, and then ticketed for street racing. That doesnt seem right to me.
Old 02-26-2003, 08:06 PM

As the saying goes if you are going to do the crime you have got to the time.

Also those California Camaros, they are made for only one thing-speed.
Chevrolet would not give anyone free vehicles, little do you know!
Why should they, they make a mint of of sales each year.
I did find out the truth on a web site regarding Camaro's used in law enforcement

http://www.sacbee.com/content/news/c...-4241435c.html

"Seventy-three Camaros will be deployed throughout the state, six of them in the Sacramento area. The cars cost $25,500 each and can reach 160 mph. And though they caused a stir Wednesday among truckers on Interstate 5, CHP officials said the new additions are designed to keep a low profile.Bret Bensen, the CHP's shop operations manager in West Sacramento, said they are being equipped with specially made light bars that stand only 2 ½ inches above the roof and look a lot like ski racks from a distance."You will not be able to pick up the silhouette of this car," Bensen said. "I was driving one to headquarters the other day and had cars passing me at 80 mph. They wouldn't even slow down."Bensen said the CHP bought a fleet of Ford Mustangs for high-speed pursuit in 1982 and had a few test Camaros in 1992. Recently, the agency has relied on black-and-white Ford Crown Victorias, which he said cut a distinctive profile.The Camaros have "Highway Patrol" and the CHP insignia printed on the door, but the light bar disappears from sight at 375 feet. Instead of traditional incandescent bulbs, the light bars use light-emitting diodes, which make the lights brighter when in use.Sgt. Ron Howard took reporters on a ride on I-5 and watched as several drivers roared up beside him, saw the CHP logo and slowed down to highway speed.One driver in a silver Mazda Protege was paced at 80 mph. When Howard pulled him over, the driver -- who was standing beneath a 65 mph road sign at the time -- said he thought the speed limit was 70 mph.Howard said many motorists look in their rearview mirrors and scan the road for Crown Victorias and their conspicuous light bar."If we keep changing our look, it will keep everyone wondering if we're out there," he said.In the Sacramento area, the CHP wants truck drivers constantly asking themselves if a patrol car is lurking somewhere in traffic.In the past two years, nine fatal truck crashes have shut down local highways, five of them occurring on a 4 ½-mile stretch of I-5 between Pocket and Sutterville roads.Four of the Camaros will be assigned to a unit that since April has been targeting commercial vehicles in an effort to reduce truck-involved accidents by 5 percent. In addition, the south Sacramento office and the Woodland office each will receive a Camaro.Highway Patrol officers said efforts to enforce trucking laws often are thwarted by the truckers who use their CBs to warn each other of the police presence. But truckers filling up their rigs at a truck stop on the corner of West El Camino Avenue and Interstate 80 on Wednesday said the new fleet of sports cars was overkill."California is already the most unfriendly state for trucks," said Dale Scott. "If they're bringing in Camaros, it's a waste of the taxpayers' money."We're already being targeted out here.""

My 2 Cents worth...........

By the way Oklahoma Highway Patrol used a selected test fleet of Volvos for Six months then had to give them back to Volvo. Now talk about speed and safety.

Last edited by Lockbuster; 02-26-2003 at 09:34 PM.