C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Which All Season tire should i get for my C7 17's Wheels...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Which All Season tire should i get for my C7 17's Wheels...

i'm planning on throwing my stockies back on early this year... the problem is that the winter Pirelli's are VERY bald. Since i don't go to school upstate anymore there is really no need for winter tires since there really isn't that much snow in LI... i have sum up the 3 tire choices... i enjoyed the Kumho SPT tires on my 18's right now but they are summer tires...

I have shorten the list of tires to the ones below. They all fall into my price range also... I would go with Kumho but i want to try something different, thinking about the General UHP

225/45/17

Sumitomo HTR
Kumho Ecsta ASX
General UHP

Have you guys tried any of the above tires??? Anyone have the UHPs???? I want something that is quiet and comfortable... The reviews are great and the tread looks very aggresive, price is good also.

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-13-2009, 11:19 PM

MK IV .:R32
I just got Falken ZE-912's......and I LOVE them

I was gonna get summer tires for the performance (and cuz it rains like 4 times a yr).....and the guy at the tire place said I should get these.

They're technically "High Performance All Season Tires".....but they were cheaper than Nitto Invio's and have reallllly good grip. And I haven't heard them squeal once (and I like to drive in the canyons). They're pretty quiet on the fwy too
Old 09-14-2009, 01:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
i drive them all, fast and hard
ive had the kumhos u mentioned, escsta asx, rears just changed at 20000 miles, they are rated for like 40,

ofcourse the new rears only got 100 feet on them and then i had my engine seize incident

anyways, they are cheap, seem fine, fronts still have thread on them.

my car is staggered so thats always a pain in ***,
Old 09-16-2009, 02:14 PM

I have the Kumhos on my 2002 coupe - have been very happy with them - got them through tirevan.net, they will come to your house or office to fit them - cheaper than Tirerack too.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C3Twon AWD Jumpofffff
Ended up getting Hankook Ventus V4 I believe very quiet compare to Kumhos so far... rides great dk if it's b/c i have them on stockies 17". They are all season hopefully they are good in the snow... and hold up with tread wear.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10 Cayenne GTS, 07 Porsche 911 Turbo
Originally Posted by BlackLiquorish8
i'm planning on throwing my stockies back on early this year... the problem is that the winter Pirelli's are VERY bald. Since i don't go to school upstate anymore there is really no need for winter tires since there really isn't that much snow in LI... i have sum up the 3 tire choices... i enjoyed the Kumho SPT tires on my 18's right now but they are summer tires...

I have shorten the list of tires to the ones below. They all fall into my price range also... I would go with Kumho but i want to try something different, thinking about the General UHP

225/45/17

Sumitomo HTR
Kumho Ecsta ASX
General UHP

Have you guys tried any of the above tires??? Anyone have the UHPs???? I want something that is quiet and comfortable... The reviews are great and the tread looks very aggresive, price is good also.

Thanks in advance!
I did a lot of research before I purchased my Michelins. IMHO the tires you mention, especially the Kuhmo's, are not very good and will not hold up. Spend a few dollars more and buy Michelin's, you'll be happy you did.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
03 c320 coupe
Originally Posted by shivi1345
I just got Falken ZE-912's......and I LOVE them

I was gonna get summer tires for the performance (and cuz it rains like 4 times a yr).....and the guy at the tire place said I should get these.

They're technically "High Performance All Season Tires".....but they were cheaper than Nitto Invio's and have reallllly good grip. And I haven't heard them squeal once (and I like to drive in the canyons). They're pretty quiet on the fwy too
i have them too, i remember paying 92$ EA, unbeatable quality/price...
Old 09-19-2009, 02:11 PM

2006 Mercedes Benz C230
I have a set of blizzaks ws60 (225, 45, 17) if interested. stock wheels available as well