C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Driver side mirror on 2002 C240; service issue?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 01:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C 240
Driver side mirror on 2002 C240; service issue?

Hey all,
Looking for some help here. I brought my 2002 C240 in for service B at my Benz dealer late last June. I was washing my car last week and noticed something odd. The driver side mirror has a gold tint to it, no lettering on the mirror ("Objects in rearview mirror...") and has a black rubber frame around the glass. I swear this isn't the mirror that I had before it went in for service. The passenger side mirror looks normal (no tint, lettering and no black rubber around it). I think something happened at the dealer when my car was in there.

This is the first time I have noticed this since the service. My first reaction is that it got smashed while getting serviced and they pulled a fast one on me by replacing it. Can someone verify that their driver side mirror is not gold and has lettering on it?
Old 10-06-2009, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by smeat2000
Hey all,
Looking for some help here. I brought my 2002 C240 in for service B at my Benz dealer late last June. I was washing my car last week and noticed something odd. The driver side mirror has a gold tint to it, no lettering on the mirror ("Objects in rearview mirror...") and has a black rubber frame around the glass. I swear this isn't the mirror that I had before it went in for service. The passenger side mirror looks normal (no tint, lettering and no black rubber around it). I think something happened at the dealer when my car was in there.

This is the first time I have noticed this since the service. My first reaction is that it got smashed while getting serviced and they pulled a fast one on me by replacing it. Can someone verify that their driver side mirror is not gold and has lettering on it?
You're . The drivers side mirror is monochromatic, so it's a little bit different. It does not have the lettering either. Nothing is wrong!
Old 10-06-2009, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
^ agree

^^
You've been driving it for 5+ years now and never noticed it. Don't you ever look into your mirrors?
Old 10-07-2009, 09:27 AM

2002 C 240
Are you guys 100% sure that my drivers side mirror should be different from the passenger side mirror? Do you all have the same issue?

I never noticed it in the past. And no, I don't look in my mirrors very often as I drive back roads to the train I take to work. I angle the mirrors down as I have an extreme senstivity to head lights due to Lasik eye surgery I had a few years back. It's also been dark out in the AM and PM when I drive and I don't use it on the weekends.
Old 10-07-2009, 11:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2012 C300 4Matic
Originally Posted by smeat2000
Are you guys 100% sure that my drivers side mirror should be different from the passenger side mirror? Do you all have the same issue?

I never noticed it in the past. And no, I don't look in my mirrors very often as I drive back roads to the train I take to work. I angle the mirrors down as I have an extreme senstivity to head lights due to Lasik eye surgery I had a few years back. It's also been dark out in the AM and PM when I drive and I don't use it on the weekends.
YES!!!! More than 100% sure. Did you ever even read the manual?
Old 10-14-2009, 09:39 AM

C240
Not Crazy

I recently noticed that my drivers side mirror has been replaced
unbeknownst to me. I know it happened at the dealership when I took it in for service, unless someone hit my car and replaced the mirror in the parking lot-unlikely. The mirror has a wide rubber rim around it and is defective, cars and objects appear doubled. Unless you stare into the mirror on a quick glance its not as noticeable. At night if when you can really see a difference, which is when I noticed it. Whats really irritating is that the dealership said nothing, I cant prove they did it and now I have to get it replaced which will be a pita !! I thoguht MB would be better than everyone else. WTF.
Old 10-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by smylee
I recently noticed that my drivers side mirror has been replaced
unbeknownst to me. I know it happened at the dealership when I took it in for service, unless someone hit my car and replaced the mirror in the parking lot-unlikely. The mirror has a wide rubber rim around it and is defective, cars and objects appear doubled. Unless you stare into the mirror on a quick glance its not as noticeable. At night if when you can really see a difference, which is when I noticed it. Whats really irritating is that the dealership said nothing, I cant prove they did it and now I have to get it replaced which will be a pita !! I thoguht MB would be better than everyone else. WTF.
Did the "passenger side mirror replacement fairy" hit you too!?!?!
Old 10-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
Originally Posted by e1000
Did the "passenger side mirror replacement fairy" hit you too!?!?!
lol
i highly doubt your dealer would replace your mirror without telling you. what i think is happening you are getting your car back from the dealer and doing your little inspection and notice something you never have before. who inspects the mirrors when your test drive your car anyway? you use them but you don't inspect them. i did something very similar one day in my dads 993. i got in it and noticed their was a dent in the hood. i knew that i would bring the car back and he would flip out and i would never get to drive the Porsche again . luckily i found out it had been their for years and i was off the hook