C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Resonator Delete on C320

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C240
Originally Posted by 03MBC320
Aright just got back from getting it done and i'm pumped.
Laneshift Muffler City was great, I was in and out in under 45 minutes and let me watch it all happen, $45.
I just got back. Nice guy, David was his name. "Oh yer, ona' ya'lls buddies came out earlier today." He even put the resonator in my trunk for me.

Same here. 45 bucks.

As for the 240, I'm sure the noise isn't as good as the 320, but I notice a difference in the 2500-3000 rpm range. Lower, meaner growl. I like. I took some videos, but in different locations. They don't sound too different.

Hey, 03MBC320, did David happen to hit his head and go "Ouch! My ****ing head.." I swear he said it three times while I was there.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C320 4Matic
^^ hahaha no he didn't, and yeah when i called them in the morning he was like umm.. i spoke with you yesterday and we talked about this?? i laughed and had to explain that you recommended the place without actually going there yet lol, and no luckily he didnt bang his head on anything but he was a nice guy... caught me staring at the torch flame while he was welding it and had the decency to tell me to turn away so i dont burn out my eyes lol. I didn't get the resonator (or at least didn't check the trunk... i will when i go back out) but thought about it on the way out, hopefully i won't need it for anything!

and the videos didnt take a year, but the 4 hours sort of felt like it
here ya go, just parked put the camera under the back and revved a little in neutral
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXuwXj0v1BQ - stock
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leC6HoEc0sg - sexy
The following users liked this post:
dan190 (05-03-2024)
Old 02-10-2010, 08:06 PM

C240
^^ hahaha no he didn't, and yeah when i called them in the morning he was like umm.. i spoke with you yesterday and we talked about this?? i laughed and had to explain that you recommended the place without actually going there yet lol, and no luckily he didnt bang his head on anything but he was a nice guy... caught me staring at the torch flame while he was welding it and had the decency to tell me to turn away so i dont burn out my eyes lol. I didn't get the resonator (or at least didn't check the trunk... i will when i go back out) but thought about it on the way out, hopefully i won't need it for anything!

here ya go, just parked put the camera under the back and revved a little in neutral
He told me about that! "Your pal did the same thing. Those sunglasses ain't gonna help."

Idk if you've noticed, but I find the sound more prominent when the engine is under load. I don't hear too much of a roar in neutral, but when I'm climbing fourth gear slowly, 2700rpms sounds hot.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:26 PM

2003 C320 4Matic
^^agreed, it sounds much better while in motion, my camera was in my trunk so i couldnt get to it while driving haha, but i think the difference in the video still gets the point across
Old 02-10-2010, 09:57 PM

A Car
Originally Posted by laneshift
Idk if you've noticed, but I find the sound more prominent when the engine is under load. I don't hear too much of a roar in neutral.
Definately sounds louder underload instead of just reving it.
Happy i brought this topic up for you guys to actually do it.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:07 AM

2006 C280

wow, you can definitely hear the difference in your 320. Thanks for the post!
Old 02-28-2013, 12:29 AM

C320 w203
Dont delete resonator on n/a engines

For those who want info on deleting resonators. I have
A w203 c320 v6. First i straight piped secondary cats.
The first cats cant be touched. The cars response was more grunt
And torque with a nice sound from engine. Loved it. Next
I deleted resonator. Then put it back on. When i deleted resonator.
Lost low end torque. With cars that are naturally aspirated and not supercharged
You will lose low end torque and it will be shifted to the high end. About 4000rpm untill you feel it. I have stock muffler. The sound with no resonator is nice v6 grunt but nothing to show for. I felt like it was just revving out and not pulling. So best advice from someone who love taking off the lights. Delete only sec cats. If you want sound. Change the muffler.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:09 PM

2001 C320
So I'm also a noob, what exactly do I need to ask for at the shop? Just a resonator delete or is there anything else to give it that "mean" noise?
Old 03-01-2013, 06:22 PM

2004 c320
ok,removing the Resonator will make it a bit louder - however, is there an increase of performance? i removed one from another car, it lost power - didnt have enough back-pressure
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
removing the secondary resonator is going to make it louder but not increase power really.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:03 PM

2004 c320
deleting

Originally Posted by holycaoAMG
You can get the dual tips off ebay. They range in many styles, but since our stock tips face down, the ones off ebay bend up so they face straight out the stock bumper without any mods. They look better than nothing, and really brings some added attention to the back imo.

To get that louder, deeper sound from the exhaust, the simplest, easiest, cheapest way to do so is by removing the resonator. Putting on the dual tips required very little work; just slip on the tips, adjust them to your liking and screw/tighten them on.

..try looking closely at my sig and you can get an idea of how they look.
i removed a resonator in other cars. one car lost power, not enough back-pressor. with MB, if there power gain or loss?