C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

c230 Sport coupe - CHICK CAR?

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C320 coupe
Originally Posted by DanC230K
So I looked at some more pictures of your car and realized that I really don't mind the mods on your vehicle because they seem to mostly internal. The mod's I usually don't like that much involve crazy external changes to cars. It seems both the colors we have look kind of crappy dirty but brilliant when clean. I guess thats the same with every car though.

Way off topic again.
finally you are talking sense.. a big improvement and turn around in a day
Old 02-09-2010, 11:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C320 coupe
Originally Posted by Dr.Fox
Thanks. Its actually not as light as it appears in that heavily distorted picture - I'm working on a new signature pic as we speak...

Anyway, depending on what upgrades you decide on, the coupe can be totally transformed. I good set of springs, dampers, and swaybars can make your coupe out-corner most cars on the road. A pulley upgrade will give you about 30 bhp, and the list goes on...
our car can out corner a mustang gt...
Old 02-09-2010, 11:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
2003 C230 Sports Coupe, Paprika Metallic Red, Auto, Pano, Leather
First mod you should get on your Red coupe is a dark tint,... so your friends won't see you driving a chick car!

But seriously, mine is Paprika Metallic red (Adventurine Orange outside of North America),... so mine is a chick car too!?!?! Personally, I find a much higher percentage of my female friends like my C230 coupe than my male friends. Which is fine by me,... since I'm a straight guy and would much rather have chicks in my car! After all,... isn't that one of the main reason us guys drive Mercedes,... to impress the chicks!

BTW,.... guys that drive muscle cars, big *** SUV (Stupid Ugly Vehicles), pick-up trucks and any other vehicles that only guys would like,... are really gay since they attact other guys attention with their vehicles.

Yeah,... I'll take a chick car full of chicks anyday!
Old 02-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
GMC - Miata - Trek - P-Car
Q: Are W203's chick cars?
A: No. Surprised more than a few unsuspecting victims with a couple o’ lowly surreptitious tweaks. Drives great.

Don’t really care what others might think.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:56 PM

2010 C250 4MATIC Sport
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
First mod you should get on your Red coupe is a dark tint,... so your friends won't see you driving a chick car!

But seriously, mine is Paprika Metallic red (Adventurine Orange outside of North America),... so mine is a chick car too!?!?! Personally, I find a much higher percentage of my female friends like my C230 coupe than my male friends. Which is fine by me,... since I'm a straight guy and would much rather have chicks in my car! After all,... isn't that one of the main reason us guys drive Mercedes,... to impress the chicks!

BTW,.... guys that drive muscle cars, big *** SUV (Stupid Ugly Vehicles), pick-up trucks and any other vehicles that only guys would like,... are really gay since they attact other guys attention with their vehicles.

Yeah,... I'll take a chick car full of chicks anyday!
This thread just gets better with every post. I never thought of it that way. I would definitley want to attract ladies to my vehicle, NOT guys. Actually, most of my male friends don't mind it and have not as of yet remarked it as being a 'chick car.'

I'm from Edmonton by the way. The photo I posted is an exact clone of my car; mine has low profile winter tires on those same wheels and is VERY dirty at the moment. Only 64,000 km. It handles surprisingly good on icy roads for a RWD car. I am envious of some you from Flordia with your beautiful weather. It's a fairly chilly -15 C at the moment. I am so glad it has a winter setting start mode and ESP.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:58 PM

W203-4M W163
Epictetus

You liked it enough to buy it in the first place--what's the issue? If you're so insecure that you need approval of whoever you consider to be "real men" then you'll never be happy anyways.

Enjoy your car and stop looking for approval from anyone but yourself.

Epictetus had it right:

http://thinkexist.com/quotation/in_o...on/340084.html
Old 02-10-2010, 12:02 AM

2010 C250 4MATIC Sport
FraKctured has made a very good point. To hell with everyone else (except you guys of course). Maybe I might just pick up a few ladies in it. I think they would generally approve of my ride with Leather and heated seats and all.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:45 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'04 Mars Red C230K Sport Coupe (not Coup-EH)
If you go by the demographics, I should be a chick driving my C230 coupe and a gay guy for driving my track-ready Miata. I guess that makes me a lesbian? Seriously, who the hell cares about this crap?
Old 02-10-2010, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
LOL! This thread is hilarious. Sounds like a lot of insecurity to me...

If my car is an ugly piece of **** I want to know. NOW.

See, that's what i don't get. I actually like the BMW X3 too. It's a total joke it's on this list to begin with. The fact that the VW Beetle is not on there makes me skeptical (not that i have anything against new bettle's, mind you).

Off topic, yes, but interesting.
Well, if you like the X3, maybe you should be looking at Jetta's as well.

A Mercedes Benz should usually not be modded , but it depends on the mods.
Yawn, we've all heard n00bs proclaim this before. I commend you for making amends and editing your post. However, I saw your post prior to the edit. Sorry to be blunt, but it would behoove you to get off of your high-horse in thinking that this is some sort of upper-eschelon vehicle. To put it in perspective, for the price of your seven year-old coupe that you recently purchased, a brand new Honda Civic could have been had as well, with amenities that are similar or even better than what you have in your coupe. Don't get me wrong, the C230 coupe is a great car. But, it sounds like you bought a car with a leaky transmission simply for its marque and to tout to the world that you're "successful" because you own a car from such marque... If you need a car to get girls, then I feel sorry for you.

As for your leaking transmission, have them check the 13-pin connector, that's quite a common problem and a cheap fix. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:12 AM

'05 C230 Kompressor Sedan
Originally Posted by SunnyRayToronto
That's funny.

I have a Mustang GT and a C230K SS. But you do have a point, more guys like the Mustang, and girls love the Benz, though I keep my cars very clean and get comments from both sexes all the time. I was at a car wash the other day with the Benz and a guy pulled up just to ask me about my car. Same thing happened at a parking lot at the library when another guy in a Volvo was asking about the Benz. Great thing about the Benz is everyone thinks it is new, when it is actualy 5 years old, ha!
I'm married, and so not out to impress anyone, just enjoy what I'm driving to work or cruising on the weekends.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 ML500
Totally a chicks car... or magnet?
They also love the star pano roof.

Old 02-10-2010, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
I have to say, I thought the coupe was a chick car at first, but I didn't like the w203 in any iteration when we got our first in '01. Now I love both the coupe and the sedan. I actually think that the coupe's mod much better than the sedans do - they always seem to look cleaner. I also would have an RSX in a heartbeat. Those things are great!
Old 02-10-2010, 04:18 PM

2010 C250 4MATIC Sport
Wink

Originally Posted by nlpamg
LOL! This thread is hilarious. Sounds like a lot of insecurity to me...

Well, if you like the X3, maybe you should be looking at Jetta's as well.

Yawn, we've all heard n00bs proclaim this before. I commend you for making amends and editing your post. However, I saw your post prior to the edit. Sorry to be blunt, but it would behoove you to get off of your high-horse in thinking that this is some sort of upper-eschelon vehicle. To put it in perspective, for the price of your seven year-old coupe that you recently purchased, a brand new Honda Civic could have been had as well, with amenities that are similar or even better than what you have in your coupe. Don't get me wrong, the C230 coupe is a great car. But, it sounds like you bought a car with a leaky transmission simply for its marque and to tout to the world that you're "successful" because you own a car from such marque... If you need a car to get girls, then I feel sorry for you.

As for your leaking transmission, have them check the 13-pin connector, that's quite a common problem and a cheap fix. Good luck.
It was far worse than that. $3000 repair. ALL the wiring needed to be replaced (main wiring harness and engine harness). I guess that's what happens when you are stupid and go to an official BENZ dealer. Never again. At first they told me it was an oil leak, and then they said after it was entirely transmission related. And THEN they told me that they fixed the leak for free because they forgot to order my wiring (which kept it overnight). BS.

What makes you think that I thought I drive an upper-eschelon vehicle? The thing is a piece of crap. A VERY expensive one at that. What I should really be doing is lighting it on fire. I used to love Benz's. I have finally realized that they make CRAPPY cars and have done so for many years. All it does is ride nice and smooth. I have had the car for 6 months and have spent $3500 on it already (to be fair, $500 was on normal maintenance that could have been done a year later).

Oh, alot of insecurity. I also DO need a car to get girls. A Ferrari would do best. One can dream. If you knew me, you would know how pathetic I am. I would crash that ferrari in minutes.

Last edited by DanC230K; 02-10-2010 at 04:28 PM. Reason: mistake
Old 02-10-2010, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...a panty dropper...
If you knew me, you would know how pathetic I am. I would crash that ferrari in minutes.

Old 02-10-2010, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
It was far worse than that. $3000 repair. ALL the wiring needed to be replaced (main wiring harness and engine harness). I guess that's what happens when you are stupid and go to an official BENZ dealer. Never again. At first they told me it was an oil leak, and then they said after it was entirely transmission related. And THEN they told me that they fixed the leak for free because they forgot to order my wiring (which kept it overnight). BS.

What makes you think that I thought I drive an upper-eschelon vehicle? The thing is a piece of crap. A VERY expensive one at that. What I should really be doing is lighting it on fire. I used to love Benz's. I have finally realized that they make CRAPPY cars and have done so for many years. All it does is ride nice and smooth. I have had the car for 6 months and have spent $3500 on it already (to be fair, $500 was on normal maintenance that could have been done a year later).

Oh, alot of insecurity. I also DO need a car to get girls. A Ferrari would do best. One can dream. If you knew me, you would know how pathetic I am. I would crash that ferrari in minutes.
lol, good man! good to see that you have a sense of humor.

that sucks about your transmission repairs.

but, think of it this way, if you lit it on fire, it would be even MORE flaming!
Old 02-10-2010, 05:09 PM

08 E63
There are plenty of us coupes here and none of them look like a chick car to me...

All I know any benz when done right is a Bioch Magnet!!.... Thats all i wanted to say
Old 02-10-2010, 05:15 PM

2010 C250 4MATIC Sport
Thumbs up

The thing is a piece of crap. A VERY expensive one at that. What I should really be doing is lighting it on fire.
But I can't. Nor can I sell it either (if it no longer gives me major headaches). Believe it or not, I STILL like it way too much, which makes me one of the following:

A) A Fool.
B) An Idiot.
C) A Loser.
D) A passionate car owner who likes the history behind Mercedes, even if my vehicle comes from the worst era in their history (I cringe at the term "DaimlerChysler").
E) Someone who likes a nice red that is only bettered by a few BMW's and Ferrari's.
F) Someone who has too much money.
G) Someone who is VERY insecure and likely depressed.

Last edited by DanC230K; 02-10-2010 at 05:17 PM. Reason: LUNACY
Old 02-10-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
H) Someone who will start modding there stock W203 Coupe!!!
Old 02-10-2010, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Man is this guy wishy washy. You go back and forth on your opinions.

The issue with your wiring harness may be related to a recent recall.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...2002-w203.html

There was a wiring harness at the front of the engine that would allow leaking oil to run down its length, and then contaminate the TCU, sometimes the ECU.

If you post up your service bill, it would go along way towards

Establishing that you are in fact a Coupe owner
Helping you to better understand where your $3,000 went.

These cars can be a whole lot of fun. If you put in a stereo with a sub, you'll find that hatch gives you extra db compared to a sedan's trunk. Fold the seats down...instabed, you just need a girl with you.

Your car also has six airbags, Those six airbags will go a long way in keeping you and your occupants safe.

As for the writer of that article. He contradicts himself more times than I care to count. He bags on the hatchback of the Coupe, yet nominates a Corrado to the top 10 collectable cars of the future. The Corrado was a disaster in terms of reliability and....has a hatchback. He may not like the Coupe, but as I recall he thinks an early 90s E class is one of the top 10.

Ed
Old 02-10-2010, 06:40 PM

2010 C250 4MATIC Sport
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Man is this guy wishy washy. You go back and forth on your opinions.

The issue with your wiring harness may be related to a recent recall.

https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...2002-w203.html

There was a wiring harness at the front of the engine that would allow leaking oil to run down its length, and then contaminate the TCU, sometimes the ECU.

If you post up your service bill, it would go along way towards

Establishing that you are in fact a Coupe owner
Helping you to better understand where your $3,000 went.

These cars can be a whole lot of fun. If you put in a stereo with a sub, you'll find that hatch gives you extra db compared to a sedan's trunk. Fold the seats down...instabed, you just need a girl with you.

Your car also has six airbags, Those six airbags will go a long way in keeping you and your occupants safe.

As for the writer of that article. He contradicts himself more times than I care to count. He bags on the hatchback of the Coupe, yet nominates a Corrado to the top 10 collectable cars of the future. The Corrado was a disaster in terms of reliability and....has a hatchback. He may not like the Coupe, but as I recall he thinks an early 90s E class is one of the top 10.

Ed
Well that's wonderful. I just got ripped off $3000. By an official Mercedes Benz dealership. Excellent. How do I go about posting my bill? I would be more than happy to. It is very vague and nobody could explain exactly what they did at the Stealer. I also need to remove my confidential contact information.

Mine is also an '03 so it has the 1.8L engine (m271 I THINK). Is this engine related to the recall? I would read that entire thread, but I honestly don't have the time at the moment.
Help?

Last edited by DanC230K; 02-10-2010 at 06:43 PM. Reason: stupidity
Old 02-10-2010, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

...a panty dropper...
Thats why we call it the stealership. Try and find a good indy shop or learn about your car so you can perform easy DIY maintenance and you will save a lot!!
Old 02-10-2010, 08:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Well that's wonderful. I just got ripped off $3000. By an official Mercedes Benz dealership. Excellent. How do I go about posting my bill? I would be more than happy to. It is very vague and nobody could explain exactly what they did at the Stealer. I also need to remove my confidential contact information.

Mine is also an '03 so it has the 1.8L engine (m271 I THINK). Is this engine related to the recall? I would read that entire thread, but I honestly don't have the time at the moment.
Help?
Okay, you don't have the time, but you want me to make time?

The bill will give a listing of procedures and parts used. You can cover up your personal info. You want to recoup some costs? It just may be possible that your leak came from the cam sensor wiring which was a known leak.

Others may pipe in here. As for how to post a picture in here....Geez mang, that stuff is internet 101.
Old 02-10-2010, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

BMW F02 (750Li) F10 (550i)
Old 02-10-2010, 08:45 PM

2007 C230 Sport
Hello,

I recently bought a 2003 c230 sport coupe (2 door) in magma red. I am a 21 year old straight male and I have suddenly become very concerned that my vehicle is a complete and utter chick car. I (and hopefully all other male c230 coupe owners on this forum) won't stand for this.

Websites like the one below aren't making me feel any better:
http://ca.askmen.com/top_10/cars_150/183_car_list.html

Is this true/not true your opinion?

I will admit, certain colors wil be worse. Since my color is basically a ferrari red, I think it looks pretty darn good. Ultimately, despite one expensive repair (transmission leak) I REALLY like the car. Good gas mileage. I am getting around 9.5L/100km.

Dan
IMO:
Its an underpowered, red 2door coupe...nuff said... but then again, who the hell cares what i think!! If you like it, what else matters?!

Last edited by 07 Benz; 02-10-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:46 PM

2010 C250 4MATIC Sport
Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
Okay, you don't have the time, but you want me to make time?
Pretty much. Are you finishing a Degree at the moment?

I am asking all of you because YOU are an expert compared to me. I am not. It's called being humble and taking advice. If I sounded like a dick, my apologies.

Last edited by DanC230K; 02-10-2010 at 11:47 PM. Reason: idiocy

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: c230 Sport coupe - CHICK CAR?