C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Lexus Sales DOWN the toilet! -27%

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Lexus Sales DOWN the toilet! -27%

Funny how our automotive media which loves to crap on us MB owners missed this little tidbit. Those of you ready to jump out the basement window or stick your head in a easy bake oven over the MB's overproduction of your favorite car will love this.

Sales of Lexus cars are down across the board over 27% monthly(as of Feb), and 22% year to date. The SC430 is selling at half the rate it was last year. GS models are both down in high thirties, and the IS300 is selling slower than Barry Manilow CD's at a KMFDM Concert!

A little reality check is a good thing.

BTW, the C-Coupe outsold the Celica last month.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
and what are MBs sales the last two months? no one is buying new cars right now across the board, because of the war and the gas price spike.

things will get back to normal soon, including lexus. in fact, to some of the people who are posting puchasing inquiries right now, this could be a good time to move.
Old 03-22-2003, 12:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by nyca
and what are MBs sales the last two months? no one is buying new cars right now across the board, because of the war and the gas price spike.

MB set a sales record in the first two months of this year.

Yes, I agree that , if you want a new car, NOW is the time to get one.

Stuttgart, Germany / Geneva, Switzerland, March 04, 2003

The success story continued at the Mercedes Car Group through February 2003: In the first two months of the year, worldwide passenger car sales totaled 177,400 units. In fact, the Mercedes-Benz brand posted a new sales record with 164,100 premium automobiles sold worldwide over the same period (up two percent). smart also made a contribution to the upward trend by delivering 13,300 city coupes and convertibles.

In the U.S., Mercedes-Benz once again bucked the negative market trend to increase sales and significantly expand its market share. In the first two months of 2003, deliveries increased by six percent to 31,700 passenger cars.

Last edited by Outland; 03-22-2003 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:10 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C200K Coupe
Originally posted by nyca

heh... yeah riiiiight!

do you know where I live? I live in Kuwait. not right next to all whats going on. but right IN where every thing is going on.

my friend just got his SL55 two weeks ago (silver). My neighbor got her SL500 last week, right before the war start in couple days (red). and two days before the war start another guy in the neighborhood got his green SL500!

and why the hell is every one buying SLs?!?!?!? are they giving it away for free or something?!?!?!
must check with MB dealer!!
Old 03-22-2003, 01:54 PM
CRB

Well, Lexus has some rather stale offerings. To wit:

The SC430 is truly a hideous styling exercise.

The IS300 is a warmed over JDM Altezza with a Lexus badge taped on.

The GS line is moldier than than last weeks bread, nay, five-year-old bread.

However, the new RX330 should perk spirits up around the Lexus dealerships.

I think Mercedes is going to set another numerical sales record this quarter too. Considering, that dealerships across the country have been having firesales of C-coupes at less than $20K. Some of these cars have under one-hundred miles and are being sold as "used".

Pity the poor sap, upside down on his bank loan, trying to unload one of these things in this market climate.
Old 03-22-2003, 04:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well, i imagine that oil princes in kuwait have a different thought mechanism when buying a car then middle class consumers in the united states.
Old 03-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Guest0001

Re: Lexus Sales DOWN the toilet! -27%

Originally posted by Outland
Funny how our automotive media which loves to crap on us MB owners missed this little tidbit. Those of you ready to jump out the basement window or stick your head in a easy bake oven over the MB's overproduction of your favorite car will love this.

Sales of Lexus cars are down across the board over 27% monthly(as of Feb), and 22% year to date. The SC430 is selling at half the rate it was last year. GS models are both down in high thirties, and the IS300 is selling slower than Barry Manilow CD's at a KMFDM Concert!

HAHAHAHA

thanks for the info bro

just my day
Old 03-22-2003, 06:25 PM
Guest0001

Re: Lexus Sales DOWN the toilet! -27%

HAHAHAHA

thanks for the info bro

just my day
Old 03-22-2003, 06:57 PM

C230 coupe 6sp
"BTW, the C-Coupe outsold the Celica last month"

As well it should when they are selling them for the same price
Old 03-22-2003, 10:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 Coupe(M111)
Originally posted by speedfrk
"BTW, the C-Coupe outsold the Celica last month"

As well it should when they are selling them for the same price
Nope. The big MB discounts didn't take effect until March. I'd expect the March numbers to pretty high given the absolute steals there are on the C right now. C-Class sales in general should be thru the roof with the new C230 Sedan available.

The grass isn't so greener on the other side.

Infiniti's G35 twins are racking up good sales numbers, but the Q45, QX4's and M45 are literally rusting away on dealer lots. And the QX4 is discontinued even, isn't it? Over at BMW, the MINI is what's growing sales...on the Cooper S anyway. I'm told the regular MINI is available below list, or in a steal lease deal... The 7 series is SO dead in the water that BMW is already restyling it. 3 series sales are flat. Even over in expensive Hondaland all is not well. Acura Sales are down 17%, and the RSX is off 22%, the CL 48%, the TL 27%, and the RL(POS) is down 23% from its already abysmal sales. And that's just January...they haven't released Feb numbers yet.
Old 03-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Guest0001

Nope. The big MB discounts didn't take effect until March. I'd expect the March numbers to pretty high given the absolute steals there are on the C right now. C-Class sales in general should be thru the roof with the new C230 Sedan available.

The grass isn't so greener on the other side.

Infiniti's G35 twins are racking up good sales numbers, but the Q45, QX4's and M45 are literally rusting away on dealer lots. And the QX4 is discontinued even, isn't it? Over at BMW, the MINI is what's growing sales...on the Cooper S anyway. I'm told the regular MINI is available below list, or in a steal lease deal... The 7 series is SO dead in the water that BMW is already restyling it. 3 series sales are flat. Even over in expensive Hondaland all is not well. Acura Sales are down 17%, and the RSX is off 22%, the CL 48%, the TL 27%, and the RL(POS) is down 23% from its already abysmal sales. And that's just January...they haven't released Feb numbers yet.
very interesting bro.

can u tell me where you get this information. i want to see some other makes.

thanks
Old 03-22-2003, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
MB set a sales record in the first two months of this year.
I remember reading about these record months and I couldn't believe it. It certainly isn't happening at my dealer. I think it was January when MB said they had their best January ever, and my dealer had its worst January ever. We're carrying more inventory now than ever before. And as a lot tech, that makes my job extremely difficult. Sometimes getting to one car means moving ten others because they are parked EVERYWHERE.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:38 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Considering 14 year old Lexus has a handful of cars and that the great 100 year old company with 30 models Mercedes Benz is even close is funny. Benz sells cheaper and more expensive cars in every shape and form. Yet Lexus outsells them year after year. Maybe they figured something out???

Well, Lexus has some rather stale offerings
THE LS 430 and GX 470 may be stale but that is it. Even ugly is not stale.
Old 04-19-2003, 04:43 PM
Banned

Mercedes C200K Coupe
who would want to pay big bucks for a toyota!??!
Old 04-19-2003, 04:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
SLS AMG | S65 AMG | GL550
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Benz sells cheaper and more expensive cars in every shape and form. Yet Lexus outsells them year after year. Maybe they figured something out???

MB's are more expensive then Lexus, if you consider what each company gives you. Most people see that for example MB uses cassettes and Lexus gives you CD's or that MB's command uses outdated CD-Roms and Lexus has the DVD based Navi. So if both cars are $40,000, Lexus will still give you more for your money. If i'm not mistaken, Ford outsells both MB and Lexus combined, so what does that say?, nothing really except the fact that more people can afford one car over the other.

Erik
Old 04-19-2003, 05:40 PM

996 Turbo
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Considering 14 year old Lexus has a handful of cars and that the great 100 year old company with 30 models Mercedes Benz is even close is funny. Benz sells cheaper and more expensive cars in every shape and form. Yet Lexus outsells them year after year. Maybe they figured something out???

THE LS 430 and GX 470 may be stale but that is it. Even ugly is not stale.
From my memory Mercedes Benz (not Chrysler combined) sells over 1,000,000 passenger cars a year. Lexus outsells MB in the US only. I figure its down to bad taste considering how well the H2 and Ford sell cars.

The only Lexus worth having is an LX470 and thats an overweight pig. You really feel its weight in the corners.