C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Paint or Vinyl

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 SS, 2006 S500, 2008 CLS550 Lorinser
i have 18% all around and 35% ceramic on my windshield and it looks SICK
my buddy has an actual tint shop uses 3m and solar guard, and will do it for $160 if you want

Last edited by timmynabenz; 03-19-2010 at 07:33 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:28 PM

2006 C230 SS, 2006 S500, 2008 CLS550 Lorinser
and he is really good about customer service, if there are any problems he will retint or fix no sweat!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:29 PM

Saab 900 SE
CF does not look good on our cars, its a mercedes not a nissan. Roof only the trunk and hood dont flow into the bumper like an audi and hence look awkward.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by AdidasC230
CF does not look good on our cars, its a mercedes not a nissan.
yawn. too bad most Nissan's with CF on them cost more than a w203.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:09 PM

2005 C320 Sport, 2010 C300 Sport
Originally Posted by nlpamg
And that's only for a carbon composite frame like the GTR/370z! It's ok, at least our cars aren't designed to resemble dog faces (see new Nissan lineup)
Old 03-19-2010, 11:34 PM

Saab 900 SE
Originally Posted by nlpamg
ummm last time I checked a 240SX and a 300ZX and a 350Z where not more expensive then an equal year MB ever. And the GTR may have CF but not as an aftermarket cf hood on every one with a illegal in them and a apc wing and chrome wheels seems to have. I think most are referring to aftermarket.

Number one thing people with S40 2.4i models (the crappy slow model not the T5 turbo) wanted a cf hood to make it faster via light weight, you coulda made the whole car outa cf with a 2.4 it would still be slow. Saying basically is it looks low income, and though a C isnt exactly 60K its not a car normal people buy or can afford to maintain, and purchase for under 4 grand total which is the price range of nissans and honda I see CF hood (most badly peeling) on
Old 03-20-2010, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by Dr.Fox
Looking good with the black gloss roof

For what it's worth though, I personally like 35% tint. I think it looks classy and clean. 20% starts to look too dark, especially in contrast with the rest of your white car. If you have a black interior, it really helps the tint look darker as well.

Be really careful of who does the tint...I had a nightmare situation where I had to replace my entire back window with electronics because they got fried from the soapy water during the tint installation. BUT you probably already know this!
Thanks for the tips. Ash interior FTL (that's what I have)
Old 03-20-2010, 02:54 AM

2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Originally Posted by Karo
Thanks for the tips. Ash interior FTL (that's what I have)
I have a beige interior, so I don't get much help there either. As it turns out, my back window ended up having 20% put on it because a different shop did the back window as opposed to the rest. I ended up liking it, because it's the biggest tinted pane of glass on the car, so it stops a lot of light from coming in. So, I have 20% rear, 35% sides. I can send you some pics if you like, just to compare.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:19 AM

I say go tint Karo. You've got light interior so yours won't even be as dark as mine. Look how dark mine is compared to yours lol.
http://yatta-media.com/blog/wp-conte...61-640x426.jpg
Or you could just come onto the forum and say it's all CF and Tint and post photos until you get flamed and busted.

Last edited by nrg_mike; 03-20-2010 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Well right now my whole car is Matte Black. I finally did it!!! I'm waiting to buy a camera so I can post pics. I also converted my 7AT into a 6MT.

I almost forgot also my interior is all Gucci inside.

Ohh and I did the rear mount turbo....just a couple of minutes ago I smoked a M5 on the freeway. We opened up 180MPH!!!! It was insane.
Today I purchased an M3. Man I love it soo much. I took it to an Auto Cross. People were saying that it'[s a great car. Below is a pic that I just took right now.

Edit

I don't know how the VMR logo got there but this is really my car and I really just now took this pic.

Last edited by W203E35; 03-20-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Ok guys I lied, this isn't my M3. But I do really have one and I will post pictures soon. I never talked about this car because I didn't want to come off as a rich douche little kid

AdidasC230 (bro that stuff you pulled Adidas is soo funny)

Last edited by W203E35; 03-20-2010 at 03:50 AM.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 AM

Oh yah? well this is my M6

so what if the registration says Andrew Bynum (yes the basketball player), but he registered it with me for SEMA so it's technically mine rite?
Old 03-20-2010, 03:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
don't make me post photos of my Veyron bro!!!

Are you gonna be free sunday for the Irvine meet? Next sunday
Old 03-20-2010, 03:53 AM

Oh I've got photos of those too! lol.
Yah I'm trying to make it to at least one of the meets. I'll trying to get a friend to go w/ me so I can bring both my cars lol.
Old 03-20-2010, 03:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by nrg_mike
Oh I've got photos of those too! lol.
Yah I'm trying to make it to at least one of the meets. I'll trying to get a friend to go w/ me so I can bring both my cars lol.
I'm sure you do probably photos you took (lucky punk)

Ya for sure come down. Bring the 204, at the Cerritos meet the 204 guys got kind of lonely
Old 03-20-2010, 08:13 AM

Saab 900 SE
Well right now my whole car is Matte Black. I finally did it!!! I'm waiting to buy a camera so I can post pics. I also converted my 7AT into a 6MT.

I almost forgot also my interior is all Gucci inside.

Ohh and I did the rear mount turbo....just a couple of minutes ago I smoked a M5 on the freeway. We opened up 180MPH!!!! It was insane.
Today I purchased an M3. Man I love it soo much. I took it to an Auto Cross. People were saying that it'[s a great car. Below is a pic that I just took right now.

Edit

I don't know how the VMR logo got there but this is really my car and I really just now took this pic.
OMG that must not be your car after 5 days of looking at it, I can now tell its not yours even though I own one and would be able to tell instantly from the exterior of the car that its not a 350. Wow I am so bored and have nothing else to do in Cali so I am going to go through some ones photo-bucket account and find pictures disproving something it took 5 days to notice, them I am going to drag it out for the next 7 years because I have no life and basically spend it on here trying to look like a rich little douche. Now if I could only know how to drive my car and maybe take any C class to auto x, maybe I wouldn't be talking out of my *** so much, but hey I discovered some one posted pics of a different car, every one congratulate me, esp people from california who is always known to have the best drivers like me in my 350 that again took 5 days to figure out doesn't look like a 230. Then after that Ill basically contribute nothing valid to boost my post count because I have nothing else to do and I want to be cool with 10k post in a year.

(Karo that **** you pulled in the other thread was so funny its classic)

See I can be a troll just like you
Old 03-20-2010, 12:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 C320 4Matic
^^ going through the photobucket account and disproving it is nothing compared to coming onto a website and lieing to a whole bunch of people you don't know about owning a car you don't to make yourself feel better, and that post you just made only continues to show your personal insecurity and immaturity
get over it kid
or get in the trunk of your 350 with AdidasC230 stamped on your forehead and the title to it in your hand
your call

sorry, back onto topic
I really like just the roof gloss black, for a while i was into the whole look (such as Taibao had? those pictures that i believe frankW posted in the other thread), but after a while it lost its appeal to me and seemed a little to overdone, at least on a W203 (i thnk itd look sexy on something sportier like the C63AMG)
i've been looking into getting my roof painted/vinyled as well, but paint was quoted at 330, vinyl was quoted at 17$ per square inch on the roof.. are these decent prices?

Last edited by 03MBC320; 03-20-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:39 PM

Wow. Adidas, you really can't complain and try to bash. Your car may have been auto crossing once or twice, but damn dude, don't be such a douche about it. You went once. You're not PROVEN. From your photos, you're just a cone killer. What's the matter? Forget that the the cone laying down points where to turn or where to stay inside of? Just because you've done something once, you're not an expert either. Heck, you seriously could have just posted about your auto crossing experience and we would have been much nicer.
So basically, simply change your sig, your info and stop being a douche. We can forget. Just don't live the lie man.
Old 03-20-2010, 04:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Ya Adidas, you are such a lie. Also my post with the M3 was a joke towards you. Thats how we all felt when you made claims and you posted your pic and got burned lool

Laughing at Mike's comment "Cone Killer" that's hilarious Mike!!!

For the record:
My car is stock, only have wheels and a front lip, the matte black and turbo was a inside joke me and Mike were having because we were mocking Adidas

Originally Posted by 03MBC320
^^ going through the photobucket account and disproving it is nothing compared to coming onto a website and lieing to a whole bunch of people you don't know about owning a car you don't to make yourself feel better, and that post you just made only continues to show your personal insecurity and immaturity
get over it kid
or get in the trunk of your 350 with AdidasC230 stamped on your forehead and the title to it in your hand
your call

sorry, back onto topic
I really like just the roof gloss black, for a while i was into the whole look (such as Taibao had? those pictures that i believe frankW posted in the other thread), but after a while it lost its appeal to me and seemed a little to overdone, at least on a W203 (i thnk itd look sexy on something sportier like the C63AMG)
i've been looking into getting my roof painted/vinyled as well, but paint was quoted at 330, vinyl was quoted at 17$ per square inch on the roof.. are these decent prices?
Ya, you are right the gloss black will look better. I believe some people do the roofs for 150 - 180 these days but this is for average vinyl shops. If you want the best you have to pay 240 - 280.

Last edited by W203E35; 03-20-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
OMG that must not be your car after 5 days of looking at it, I can now tell its not yours even though I own one and would be able to tell instantly from the exterior of the car that its not a 350. Wow I am so bored and have nothing else to do in Cali so I am going to go through some ones photo-bucket account and find pictures disproving something it took 5 days to notice, them I am going to drag it out for the next 7 years because I have no life and basically spend it on here trying to look like a rich little douche. Now if I could only know how to drive my car and maybe take any C class to auto x, maybe I wouldn't be talking out of my *** so much, but hey I discovered some one posted pics of a different car, every one congratulate me, esp people from california who is always known to have the best drivers like me in my 350 that again took 5 days to figure out doesn't look like a 230. Then after that Ill basically contribute nothing valid to boost my post count because I have nothing else to do and I want to be cool with 10k post in a year.

(Karo that **** you pulled in the other thread was so funny its classic)

See I can be a troll just like you
I'm not here to boost my point count, I can care less how many post counts I have. It's the people who you know and who respect you that count.

I don't think you get what happened here Nick!!!

You made a post lying that you had a C350 6MT. I did notice the brakes and I did find more pics that you did not post which I was able to prove it wasn't a C350 6MT. I was having doubts and when more members PMed me that's when I was able to get more pics again and expose you within 2 hours. It didn't take me 5 days like you claim but that's not what's important here. The most important thing is YOU LIED AND ADMITTED TO IT. Not only do you lose your credibility but you are still claiming you do have a C350 6MT which is only hurting you more. Where are the pics Nick?? Where is a pic of the contract? What is the VIN? Ya, you would auto cross the c230 but not the c350??

Cmon...you lied and you expect everything to be normal?
Old 03-20-2010, 05:53 PM

Saab 900 SE
Wow. Adidas, you really can't complain and try to bash. Your car may have been auto crossing once or twice, but damn dude, don't be such a douche about it. You went once. You're not PROVEN. From your photos, you're just a cone killer. What's the matter? Forget that the the cone laying down points where to turn or where to stay inside of? Just because you've done something once, you're not an expert either. Heck, you seriously could have just posted about your auto crossing experience and we would have been much nicer.
So basically, simply change your sig, your info and stop being a douche. We can forget. Just don't live the lie man.
I would live and let lie but Karo keeps going in every god damn thread I post in and turning it into a **** fest. So what am I supposed to do, the whole thing was dont purposely to look like Im being a dick just like how I feel Karo is, so I am and have been ready to let **** go, he so far has proven hes not.

Also I hit 3 cones, I have driven FWD all my life and only auto x'd FWD so it was an extreme ajustment to go RWD and take off ESP, but thats why I went to the driver school to learn, and then did the points, day in which i came in first in my class, although there where only 3 cars and 2 where complete novices, have auto x'd many a time so prob not totally fair.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:00 PM

Saab 900 SE
I'm not here to boost my point count, I can care less how many post counts I have. It's the people who you know and who respect you that count.

I don't think you get what happened here Nick!!!

You made a post lying that you had a C350 6MT. I did notice the brakes and I did find more pics that you did not post which I was able to prove it wasn't a C350 6MT. I was having doubts and when more members PMed me that's when I was able to get more pics again and expose you within 2 hours. It didn't take me 5 days like you claim but that's not what's important here. The most important thing is YOU LIED AND ADMITTED TO IT. Not only do you lose your credibility but you are still claiming you do have a C350 6MT which is only hurting you more. Where are the pics Nick?? Where is a pic of the contract? What is the VIN? Ya, you would auto cross the c230 but not the c350??

Cmon...you lied and you expect everything to be normal?
So basically your the morality police and will hence never let anything go until I basically do whatever you want? Ummm no sorry I dont live by your rules.

Im pretty sure even if I post pictures of a white C350 with my ID contract and VIN you would still call photoshop/bull****/lie, so what does it gain me, I been under the theory of keep moving on however, you dont you some how have a vendetta to make me admit I was wrong when you dont actually know or not if I have a C class, a MB or a car at all, I mean really how DO YOU know that C class I post pictures of is mine?

I just dont think if I said I lied you let it go, or if I proved it you would because well, you are acting like a dick about nothing that effects your real world life, No if I hit your wife and ran and lied about it, id say you would have a reason to have an issue with me, but now on the internet it really makes me wonder what your deal is.

Basically have an issue with me PM me, stop trolling the forums behind me, because you are never going to see a public apology ( I live life moving forward not living in the past) to you or a proof of anything because like I said, I dont trust/ believe your credible enough to even accept it if it was or wasn't real.

Funny how every one but the cali bunch aka every one you know has let it go. I mean that should show you something.

Let it go, I have and so has every one else so grow up and stop.

Last edited by AdidasC230; 03-20-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:05 PM

Saab 900 SE
Happy? I dont mind aquesting your request because your civil and level headed, its all that I ask, I changed the sig/drive ect. Now I know you prob wont have an issue letting go, now I wonder will karo prove to not let **** go or will he continue on, ***** in his court.

Last edited by AdidasC230; 03-20-2010 at 06:09 PM.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
So basically your the morality police and will hence never let anything go until I basically do whatever you want? Ummm no sorry I dont live by your rules.

Im pretty sure even if I post pictures of a white C350 with my ID contract and VIN you would still call photoshop/bull****/lie, so what does it gain me, I been under the theory of keep moving on however, you dont you some how have a vendetta to make me admit I was wrong when you dont actually know or not if I have a C class, a MB or a car at all, I mean really how DO YOU know that C class I post pictures of is mine?

I just dont think if I said I lied you let it go, or if I proved it you would because well, you are acting like a dick about nothing that effects your real world life, No if I hit your wife and ran and lied about it, id say you would have a reason to have an issue with me, but now on the internet it really makes me wonder what your deal is.

Basically have an issue with me PM me, stop trolling the forums behind me, because you are never going to see a public apology ( I live life moving forward not living in the past) to you or a proof of anything because like I said, I dont trust/ believe your credible enough to even accept it if it was or wasn't real.

Funny how every one but the cali bunch aka every one you know has let it go. I mean that should show you something.

Let it go, I have and so has every one else so grow up and stop.
Don't give me that PM me crap. Don't act like you are some wise guy, you posted BS and i'm clowning on you that's all. I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE A 350 6MT so I don't need you to go and make up stories. So we'll just leave it at that. Also stop bringing Cali up. If you want, take a trip to Cali and i'll show you what we Calis are all about.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:40 PM

Saab 900 SE
Don't give me that PM me crap. Don't act like you are some wise guy, you posted BS and i'm clowning on you that's all. I KNOW YOU DONT HAVE A 350 6MT so I don't need you to go and make up stories. So we'll just leave it at that. Also stop bringing Cali up. If you want, take a trip to Cali and i'll show you what we Calis are all about.
Like I said if your done "clowning" or whatever then Im done bringing up cali. That simple, when I post a question I dont expect a smart *** remark about is it a 230 or 350 or how I am a cone killer, I expect an answer just like Im sure you expect a valid and on point answer to anything in a thread you post in.

BTW you dont KNOW anything about what cars I own till you have met me, and seen my cars, and what I do and dont have. But whatever will be will be, you do you, ill do me.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Paint or Vinyl