C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

I feel like kicking my own ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2010, 05:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I feel like kicking my own ...

I feel like kicking my own ... Long story short couple of days ago I decided to explore the wonderful world of DAS/SDS/STAR. Not only DAS/SDS/STAR but DAS/SDS/STAR in Developer Mode

I wanted to get rid of (speed limiter and play with other hidden settings ) Long story short I went in there and messed with some setting which I believe now my ME 9.7 believes my 203 is another model because it says Speedtronic not available and ESP not available visit workshop. Now I can go in here and play with bunch of setting until I get them right (hopefully I wont mess up anything more) but I was thinking of getting a Powerchip ECU tune.

My question is do I have to go in and mess with these settings (bring them back) or will powerchip automatically overwrite everything (ME )?

Thanks,
Old 03-28-2010, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
You can't use SDS to reprogram the module?

Which SDS system did you buy? I've been wanting to get one so I can change coding.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saab 900 SE
when I had my car power chipped, when they returned the car its like nothing had changed except of course the power band, all my radio stations HID present setting, ect stayed in the car, all they do I believe is pull your current program (because there are so many diff set ups with these cars) modify the ecu programs and then burn it on a new modifying ROM chip and soldier it on the unit. I could be wrong, but I dont think flashing it will fix whatever things you messed up. Esp because if it wiped your setting for your whole car it would be really messed up, with errors for stuff you do or don't have because the car wouldn't know.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
I agree with Adidas. You need to fix what you broke. You might want to contact one of the 2 resident STAR gurus and see if they are willing to help you sort through it. I remember when Sunil did coding on my car, he specifically changed only one thing at a time if he wasn't 100% sure what it did. Good luck buddy.
Old 03-28-2010, 09:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
At least you didn't set off all your airbags!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:03 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 C230 sport
damn dude. was this right after the meet?
Old 03-28-2010, 11:44 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
OH Karo what are we going to do with you
First the turbo
then the vinyl
now this

you need a time out

as others have said you really need someone that knows what they are doing because no one really knows anything about star besides the very select members that have it and some guys at the dealers. i hope one of them can help you because i am sure the dealer would charge a bunch of money to fix this. heck some dealers charge $150 to even hook up to the star machine. i can't remember if you are under warranty still if you are you could play dumb and see what happens. i know on the new cars the star actually programs your car itself from the vin number so the dealer really won't have to look at it.
GL
Old 03-28-2010, 11:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Thanks guys for your replies. This was before the meet. I was up all night messing with the setting trying to get them back. I agree DAS is a powerful tool but DAS Developer Mode is just playing with fire. Basically one of the mods included changing restrictions on the car and my ADHD got in the way as I was soo exited to test out the mod that I selected the wrong model I do see w203 but I don't know which one it is. I tried all of them but with no luck

I'm sure i'll get it back to normal. Right now since it's on a different model it assumes I have Speedtronic and it gives me an error including the ESP. I have no ESP, I hit the button nothing.

I know my engine is the M272KE 35 but I just have to figure the other part out

Also out car is not ULEV right?

Right now it's on W2XX I just have to figure out which w203 it is

Thanks for all your input guys I have learned a great lesson and that's dont Mess with DAS in Developer Mode (especially if you dont know German )
Old 03-29-2010, 12:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by AdidasC230
when I had my car power chipped, when they returned the car its like nothing had changed except of course the power band, all my radio stations HID present setting, ect stayed in the car, all they do I believe is pull your current program (because there are so many diff set ups with these cars) modify the ecu programs and then burn it on a new modifying ROM chip and soldier it on the unit. I could be wrong, but I dont think flashing it will fix whatever things you messed up. Esp because if it wiped your setting for your whole car it would be really messed up, with errors for stuff you do or don't have because the car wouldn't know.
Originally Posted by johnand
I agree with Adidas. You need to fix what you broke. You might want to contact one of the 2 resident STAR gurus and see if they are willing to help you sort through it. I remember when Sunil did coding on my car, he specifically changed only one thing at a time if he wasn't 100% sure what it did. Good luck buddy.
You guys are absolutely right. I have to fix what I did, the tune doesn't reflash the whole ECU
Old 03-29-2010, 12:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by quadoptix
damn dude. was this right after the meet?
This was before bro. Once I take care of DAS and this problem I will definitely look into the seat belt thing you were talking about. Right now mine is off when you drive without seatbelt on but I'll look into the initial annoying beeps.

Originally Posted by samaritrey
OH Karo what are we going to do with you
First the turbo
then the vinyl
now this

you need a time out

as others have said you really need someone that knows what they are doing because no one really knows anything about star besides the very select members that have it and some guys at the dealers. i hope one of them can help you because i am sure the dealer would charge a bunch of money to fix this. heck some dealers charge $150 to even hook up to the star machine. i can't remember if you are under warranty still if you are you could play dumb and see what happens. i know on the new cars the star actually programs your car itself from the vin number so the dealer really won't have to look at it.
GL
Dude thanks to Mike (Temjin) from the meet today the turbo project lives

Thanks Mike!!!!
Old 03-29-2010, 12:33 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by Karo
Dude thanks to Mike (Temjin) from the meet today the turbo project lives

Thanks Mike!!!!
Nooooooooooo
lol can't wait that would be cool.
i was thinking about what i would do to my car if i had enough disposable income. then i decided that i would rather buy a new car then put lots of money into mine. g55 here i come lol
Old 03-29-2010, 02:37 AM

2005 C320 Sport, 2010 C300 Sport
Dude, I'm going to laugh my fao when you some how accidently trigger a speed limiter at 30mph. lol.
Good luck tho man. Be careful, don't accidentally trigger the airbag while you're down there either.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:57 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
I'm thinking w203, m272, KE35, NAG2, 2.82, ULEV, 4x2.

I can't see all the choices but of the ones on the screen, the one you have highlighted would be my choice. Karo, be careful with these settings, it looks like some of these choices could potentially mess up your car and your transmission.
Old 03-29-2010, 03:31 AM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by nrg_mike
Dude, I'm going to laugh my fao when you some how accidently trigger a speed limiter at 30mph. lol.
that would be epic and be funny to do to someones car without the knowing.

Originally Posted by e1000
Karo, be careful with these settings, it looks like some of these choices could potentially mess up your car and your transmission.
+1
Old 03-29-2010, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by nrg_mike
Good luck tho man. Be careful, don't accidentally trigger the airbag while you're down there either.
Originally Posted by e1000
I'm thinking w203, m272, KE35, NAG2, 2.82, ULEV, 4x2.

I can't see all the choices but of the ones on the screen, the one you have highlighted would be my choice. Karo, be careful with these settings, it looks like some of these choices could potentially mess up your car and your transmission.
Thanks Eric, I'll check that out. Those are the only ones for w203 (in pic). It's starts from a203 to w6xx.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:39 AM

2007 ML350
I know nothing, but I know some people need to take the wheel lock to lock after ESP has problems for it to resync or at least come online again... kind of like a little driving test...
Old 03-29-2010, 11:07 AM

Saab 900 SE
I showed our local "Mooja-star" as I call him expert, and he said that you need the ULEV program if your car was built for Cali emissions, and that you will have to go in and clear all the codes for issues, and change all the options back manually for pretty much every setting in your car, aka HID=Present, ESP program has to go to ESP W/O speedtronic, With or w/o nav setting, basically everything, he said the screen your on just specifies basic engine & tranny programming and doesnt help reset all the other things, when you change the cars "naitive" software as he called it
Old 03-29-2010, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 57 Likes on 24 Posts
2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
I showed our local "Mooja-star" as I call him expert, and he said that you need the ULEV program if your car was built for Cali emissions, and that you will have to go in and clear all the codes for issues, and change all the options back manually for pretty much every setting in your car, aka HID=Present, ESP program has to go to ESP W/O speedtronic, With or w/o nav setting, basically everything, he said the screen your on just specifies basic engine & tranny programming and doesnt help reset all the other things, when you change the cars "naitive" software as he called it
Doh! Only good thing is since Karo will have to reset and recode everything, he will start becoming a STAR expert

I just ordered up my multiplexer and cables, and will be entering the scary and exciting world of STAR soon
Old 03-29-2010, 11:45 AM

Saab 900 SE
Doh! Only good thing is since Karo will have to reset and recode everything, he will start becoming a STAR expert

I just ordered up my multiplexer and cables, and will be entering the scary and exciting world of STAR soon
When you guys get it figured out you will have to tell us what cool things you can enable without blowing the air bags
Old 03-29-2010, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
Good luck Karo!
Old 03-29-2010, 08:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2016 Chevrolet SS, 2006 Cadillac STS-V
Where is the best place to order them from? I'm not sure if the eBay ones are "legit" (meaning as in they work, I know they're not genuine).
Old 03-29-2010, 08:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT

You'll be safe if you don't enter Developer Mode but if you do you just have to be careful on what you do. (the guy who messed up his car giving tips )

It's a very powerful tool. Example: I took off my dome light to put LED but LED was smaller size. I left it alone until new one comes. Star detects this as a fault. What i'm trying to say is the scan is pretty intense and find every single problem on the car.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 148 Likes on 132 Posts
'17 Jaguar XF
Oops. Classic "off in the weeds". If you go into dyno mode with a like car what are the SW and HW revisions that come up? Would that help? Also, I don't believe the engine is ULEV. I don't believe MB sells a ULEV vehicle in the US. It should say on a sticker under the hood if it is. Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I could have sworn that I read somewhere that my car is an ULEV.
Old 03-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

THE C350
Originally Posted by Karo
You'll be safe if you don't enter Developer Mode but if you do you just have to be careful on what you do. (the guy who messed up his car giving tips )

It's a very powerful tool. Example: I took off my dome light to put LED but LED was smaller size. I left it alone until new one comes. Star detects this as a fault. What i'm trying to say is the scan is pretty intense and find every single problem on the car.
I hope it can't detect that i cheated on her with another mercedes. Time to go buy her a deluxe wash and air freshener.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: I feel like kicking my own ...