C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

kleemann boost-kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2003 | 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Seems fishy, 1-2 hours, 100-200 install price, some dealers take 3 hours, some take 40 minutes. At least at Evosport Vadim quotes a fair price and that's it.

Call Linh, he installs pulleys for $50 (6-spd) and $75 (auto), add another $50 and he'll do the intercooler. Even if you add airfare to No Cal you're still ahead. He has done several Kleemann and ASP installs on SLK230 and C230's, 6-spd, 5-spd and automatics. You can email him at ldnguyen1970@hotmail.com
Old 04-03-2003 | 07:51 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Originally posted by gab
I understand every shop has different rate, but I am wondering why it takes evosport 1-1.5 quoted shop hour but take conversion techniques 3 quoted shop hour? so are evosport mechancis more well trained by Kleemann or Conversion Techniques mechanics technically not up to standard?

Do Kleemann has recommended labor hours for the dealers? All car manufacturers publish recommended labor hours for various fixes, say changing timing belt is 2 hour, install plugs is 1/2 hour etc.

Labor hour is an hour of labor, no matter you install the pulley kit or you install supercharger or you install wheels

I suspect that since Kleemann price their pulley kit low compared to the supercharger kit there is not much "meat" to eat from dealers thus they have to inflate the labor hour charge
Every KLEEMANN dealer receives the same standard of training, be it from myself, or Brandon. We do have a recommended installation time for our dealers, and most abide by those recommendations. As for Conversion Techniques, he quoted you 3 hours for the all-alloy pulley installation? I would believe that quote for the early-style kit, but not the all-alloy kit. You can't compare a boost-kit to the full-on kompressor system. That's like comparing a Honda Insight with an SL55; They are different beasts entirely.
Old 02-18-2005 | 05:45 PM

05-C230SC
looks like it's been a while since this post, but having done some research I thougt I'd bring it up to the top...

On Kleemann's site there is a "KLEEMANN Engine Performance Kit" that has M271 230 listed; includes: custom-made pulley set, high airflow filters and a K-Box (ECU). Does anyone know the price?

I know the dealership I got my MB from is an authorized dealer, but I wanted to do some price comparison before calling them.

TIA