C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Window Squeeks

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-03-2010 | 02:14 PM

Window Squeeks

Has anybody had any issues with their window squeaking?

I have tinted windows and cleaned them well. There doesn't seem to be any debris (pebbles/sand/grit) in the window seal/channel. There aren't any scratches on the tint indicating any debris either.

When I first noticed it a few months ago, I sprayed silicone lubricant into the channel (learned to use this after having to replace the motor on an older honda accord) but that didn't work since the channel/seal is felt-lined (or some other bristly fabric) and not just rubber like most older cars. In fact, after I sprayed silicone, it added another weirder squealing noise which seemed to go away as the silicone wore off the bristly felt-like channel.

My guess is I'm going to have to remove the door panel and grease a window regulator or something before the motor dies from any resistance it may be encountering. Anybody have to do this?

Hopefully there is an easier solution... it's starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks for any input!

Last edited by govertime; 06-03-2010 at 02:17 PM.
Old 06-03-2010 | 02:19 PM
Out Of Control!!

04 CLK 320 > CLK32K
Originally Posted by govertime
Has anybody had any issues with their window squeaking?

I have tinted windows and cleaned them well. There doesn't seem to be any debris (pebbles/sand/grit) in the window seal/channel. There aren't any scratches on the tint indicating any debris either.

When I first noticed it a few months ago, I sprayed silicone lubricant into the channel (learned to use this after having to replace the motor on an older honda accord) but that didn't work since the channel/seal is felt-lined (or some other bristly fabric) and not just rubber like most older cars. In fact, after I sprayed silicone, it added another weirder squealing noise which seemed to go away as the silicone wore off the bristly felt-like channel.

My guess is I'm going to have to remove the door panel and grease a window regulator or something before the motor dies from any resistance it may be encountering. Anybody have to do this?

Hopefully there is an easier solution... it's starting to drive me nuts.

Thanks for any input!

Found this thread the other day, it might help

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...dow-seals.html
Old 06-03-2010 | 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by dynomite05
Found this thread the other day, it might help

https://mbworld.org/forums/clk-class...dow-seals.html
Thanks Dynomite.

I'm hesitant applying Pedro's Ice Wax (which is apparently intended for bicycle chains) but I might dab on some of that super expensive MB sunroof grease I recently picked up for my panorama roof.

I'm curious what exactly was done in TSB P-00_45-77 FEB 04 Interior - Squeaking/Creaking Noise Kit. Anybody have this TSB done for their C230?

Anybody have to have their window realigned, or window regulator greased?