C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Say YES to separete C Coupe Sub forum.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 01:38 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C230 Kompressor Coupe
do you not even bother to read what other post.

and what is the letter for brazil if you are so smart.

oh wait they dont have a letter they use same vin , low such a smart people.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
Originally Posted by hkirov
do you not even bother to read what other post.

and what is the letter for brazil if you are so smart.
The post I bloody quoted for you so that you could maybe read it again! All you have provided for proof is some discussion speculating that Mercedes has had some of their car assembled in Brazil and and article that says the same thing.

ALL MB cars start with W the letter showing the plant of production is not the first second or third one it is later on, so go on and search around for a VIN decoder explaining MB cars and you will see for yourself.
You also said that ALL MB cars start with the letter W. Matt then provides you with a Mercedes vehicle whose VIN does NOT start with the letter "W"...

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
You're wrong, again. The Benz plant in Alabama produces the ML, which has a VIN that starts with 4. 1 and 4 are for USA.

So here's a link to a for sale ML with a VIN listed
...to which you respond by calling irrelevant!

Are you serious man, who is talking for the ml.
Then you decide that you can THREATEN people.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARN.
Give it a break, man!

EDIT: Can someone please explain to me what "low such a smart people" means?

Last edited by bdgdl08; 06-17-2010 at 01:49 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:54 AM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
Well i guess you wont admit even if i bring you the Brazilian guy who build yours, but well thats your call M8, dont get upset cool down.

And yes i say all cars , i didnt know the ML is a car, quite big in a way i guess it goes as SUV or a TRUCK if you may.

And cursing others wont get you nowhere, just makes you look bad M8.

People post, people say but not all of them pay attention.
Old 06-17-2010, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle...ication_Number
looks like a car from Brazil would start with 93-99
Old 06-17-2010, 02:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT

This forum has turned into horses *** shyt. After I made off topic posts I feel a chain reaction happened and now everyone is just posting crap and arguing. Let's just all get along and stay on topic.

If anything instead of making a Coupe sub forum they should make a w203 off topic sub forum. I have realized my mistakes in the past with posting crap and unrelated jokes and I apologize to the members.

Drew you should also chill out. Lately you have been referring me about my post count and how you should do it too since I do it, how I live with my parents and you are happy because you thought you were the only one. Then when you are corrected on the forum you start to get defensive.

Everyone should chill out and get along.

Last edited by W203E35; 06-17-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 CLK320 (sold), 2007 C230 SS (gone), 2000 Grand Marquis, 2011 CR-Z, stay tuned...
My car was NOT built in Brazil, but rather in Sindelfingen. I have a 2007 sedan, so this disproves your point.

Position 11, production plant:
A-E Sindelfingen
F-H Bremen
J Rastatt
X Graz
T Karmann
M Woking, England (SLR)

http://www.vehicleidentificationnumb...edes-benz.html

I have lost my temper with you, but I do not appreciate the spread of misinformation. You have accomplished a feat in transforming your coupe into a CLC, but that does not make you the most knowledgeable person with respect to our cars.

If you think that cursing makes one look bad, how do you think threatening someone is viewed?
Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 AM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by Karo

This forum has turned into horses *** shyt. After I made off topic posts I feel a chain reaction happened and now everyone is just posting crap and arguing. Let's just all get along and stay on topic.

If anything instead of making a Coupe sub forum they should make a w203 off topic sub forum. I have realized my mistakes in the past with posting crap and unrelated jokes and I apologize to the members.

Drew you should also chill out. Lately you have been referring me about my post count and how you should do it too since I do it, how I live with my parents and you are happy because you thought you were the only one. Then when you are corrected on the forum you start to get defensive.

Everyone should chill out and get along.
Karo you are right i didnt want to get of topic too but some people just dont stop posting and posting same thinks over and over i decided to use the "YOU HAVE BEEN WARN" and is some PM me having to say something off topic dont do it here but nope it is like sicknes they come and come what do i have to do to make them stop.

GUYS ONCE AGEAN LETS STAY ON TOPIC PLEASE.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:30 AM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
Post May be New C Coupe in 2012

So on topic now for all C Coupe owners and people who like the coupe which by my opinion and to some others is not just a coupe as it is refereed, it is a step further to make something which looks nice, is a two door and in the same time has so much more to offer than the regular Coupe like more inside space and tail gate which when opened will give you so much space and also lets not forget where did the glass roof come from.

So there are rumors that in 2012 there will be presented new C Coupe and this time it will be available for the US market ( not sure on that, at least that's what they say ) it will have the new C Class platform and will come as a Convertible as well but no one knows if it will be hard top or not.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Sometimes when we get heated up we tend to forget that everyone is different and people post bias comments.

To some people they believe the M271 is a better engine than the M272. Some people feel it's the other way around. hkirov here feels the M111 is a better engine. There is nothing wrong with that because he is entitled to his own opinion.

Let's all get alone because one day I (M272) might help out hkirov (M111) with a problem or the other way around. But if we are here fighting over engines then were not going to get help from all the members.

A lot of people are knocking the C240. Now if Glyn turned his back and didn't help us a lot of us would have lighter wallets. Also in the end we are all human and we all have feelings. Now I am not protecting hkirov but he seems wise and has a lot of knowledge and we can definitely use him on our team and we are treating him like he is unwelcome to the forum. The same goes for other members, every members has something to contribute (except for that idiot Karo) so let's all play nice.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:37 AM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
I am not sure if those are real but they look so.
Attached Thumbnails Say YES to separete C Coupe Sub forum.-3616157179_91a2ccf5c8_o.jpg   Say YES to separete C Coupe Sub forum.-3616975224_845fa49fa1_o.jpg   Say YES to separete C Coupe Sub forum.-3616975830_9e58a561cf_o.jpg  
Old 06-17-2010, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I apologize. Karo, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. When I referred to your post count (once) I was doing it as a laughable excuse to make an off-topic remark. As far as living at home, I'm not at all ashamed to live with my parents and lower my expenses.

hkirov, I'm sorry for being such an asshat. This is a board for knowledge of our cars, and obviously you do have some. I didn't mean for this to escalate, but I definitely did contribute to it. I hope we can all get along again.

As for a 2012 C-coupe... The speculation was that the CLC would be the replacement for the cl203 (which is a hatchback rather than a true coupe). Then the new C-coupe would be somewhat of a replacement for the CLK (which is in some way different than the E-coupe). I would like to see more variety in the lower end of the Mercedes spectrum in the next few years... especially if they are offering V6 turbos!!!

Again, I apologize for the way I have been this evening... It's been a rough day.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by bdgdl08
I apologize. Karo, I'm sorry if I offended you in any way. When I referred to your post count (once) I was doing it as a laughable excuse to make an off-topic remark. As far as living at home, I'm not at all ashamed to live with my parents and lower my expenses.

hkirov, I'm sorry for being such an asshat. This is a board for knowledge of our cars, and obviously you do have some. I didn't mean for this to escalate, but I definitely did contribute to it. I hope we can all get along again.

As for a 2012 C-coupe... The speculation was that the CLC would be the replacement for the cl203 (which is a hatchback rather than a true coupe). Then the new C-coupe would be somewhat of a replacement for the CLK (which is in some way different than the E-coupe). I would like to see more variety in the lower end of the Mercedes spectrum in the next few years... especially if they are offering V6 turbos!!!

Again, I apologize for the way I have been this evening... It's been a rough day.
bdgdl08 = A real man

Now that we are on the same track let's help each other out
Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 AM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
There is nothing to apologize for M8s, me my self i was a bit harsh with saying thinks i should of explained in first place, so i let everyone wonder is it or is it not the true about the upper conflict if i may call it so is something that me my self didn't believe when i heard of it so i start searching around and it came up that being not so honest to us dealers were selling the W203 and the CL203 manufacturing date after 2003 as one made in Germany and it is 100% as the sticker says but the other part is that in order to compete with the domestic and JDM market they assembled them partially in Brazil as it was confirmed from the post on the other forum i posted earlier, even if you take a closer look there is a local member who confirmed that.

About the New C Coupe expected yes it will replace the CL203-2 ( CLC ) but will have same design features meaning the stile its mad as a Lift Back.

They say there will be new E Coupe or may i say just a Face lift , and the reason for that is that the actual E Coupe is w204 with 2 doors, which left so many people disappointed, me as well because before getting it on the market i was so happy that they will revive the glory of the good old w124 Coupe and Cabrio, witch for me is the best MB ever build.

They speak as well as a A-B class based 2 door, Small SUV and convertible for that 2012 even confirmed by Daimler reps themselves, but no more further info given so we will wait.
Old 06-17-2010, 06:08 AM

Saab 900 SE
Have you ever own a Coupe M8 or have you looked at one, if not how can you tell there is no difference, there are so many different parts, should we go to the w209 forum cause we have more common parts with them than with the sedan ask yourself that question first.

and who told you the coupe wasn't success, it even got second generation as the CLC but yes some people dont see further then the place they live.
The C class Coupe is a hatch, the hatch is a SALES FLOP, other wise why would they pull it out of north america in 05 and why do you NEVER see any (10 to every 1 or less sedans vs coupes), BECAUSE IT DIDNT SELL AND NO ONE WANTED A HATCH MB, just like the 3 hatch. Sorry thats the truth sales numbers don't lie nor do the explanations on auto week.

Also just like some one else said, many bad cars get second generations, and btw a facelift is not a second generation, still uses the same shell as the old one, thats not a new generation, thats a facelift/refresh, you should know that considering your attaching new parts to an old body and they bolt right on.
Old 06-17-2010, 07:49 AM

2013 C300 4Matic Sport
Hey Sam hows the AMG bumper, when are you posting some new pictures of it
I polished it up, and ordered the washer spray covers. One of them is still on the way, then I have to paint them. So probably sometime next week
Old 06-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by AdidasC230
The C class Coupe is a hatch, the hatch is a SALES FLOP, other wise why would they pull it out of north america in 05 and why do you NEVER see any (10 to every 1 or less sedans vs coupes), BECAUSE IT DIDNT SELL AND NO ONE WANTED A HATCH MB, just like the 3 hatch. Sorry thats the truth sales numbers don't lie nor do the explanations on auto week.
In the US, yes. But I saw tons of both the MB and BMW hatches in England a couple of weeks ago, and on the continent in previous trips. To me, the sales failure of the hatch says more about American tastes (look at the 1 series - the hatches are all over the place in Europe, but BMW doesn't want them here either), lack of marketing, and US dealers' refusal to give it any respect than it does the car itself. Don't forget that if you say that the coupe sucks, you're saying that about 80% of your sedan sucks as well.

I could care less about it being a flop. The sedan suffers the same fate as the 3 series; they're all over the place. I like the exclusivity of the coupe, like the Delorean.
Old 06-17-2010, 10:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 Mercedes Benz C230 Coupe
Originally Posted by tommy
I could care less about it being a flop. The sedan suffers the same fate as the 3 series; they're all over the place. I like the exclusivity of the coupe, like the Delorean.
+1
The W203 sedans are a dime a dozen pretty much anywhere. They may not all be modded, but theyre essentially the same car. I chose the coupe over the sedan primarily for the exclusivity (Ive seen a max of maybe 10 coupes in the last year in like 3 cities here in ON).

Anyway...the reason Im totally for the sepearte coupe sub-forum is because of the differences between sedan and coupe...after some bad experiences, Im reluctant to dive into doing anything on my coupe following sedan DIY instructions because you never know when youre gonna run into somethign which is different or requires different tools etc. And because of the existence of the same DIY's for the sedan, no one bothers putting up coupe DIY's...its a chicken and egg situation!

I agree that the OP should quit bashing the sedan owners but on the flip side, the sedan guys have to see the logic in my explanation above!
Old 06-17-2010, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
recognition - splinter

I go to sleep for a few hours and there are another 42 posts (yes 42) that really add no value & some comments that approach the banning limit.

Thanks Karo for calming the rhetoric on this futile thread.

Most important is to stop placing inaccurate info on the forum. If the cap fits wear it - you know who you are if you have an ounce of intelligence.

recognition - Drex

Last edited by Glyn M Ruck; 06-17-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2002 C230K, 2013 BMW 328, 2015 BMW X5
Originally Posted by jcnash
+1
The W203 sedans are a dime a dozen pretty much anywhere. They may not all be modded, but theyre essentially the same car. I chose the coupe over the sedan primarily for the exclusivity (Ive seen a max of maybe 10 coupes in the last year in like 3 cities here in ON).

Anyway...the reason Im totally for the sepearte coupe sub-forum is because of the differences between sedan and coupe...after some bad experiences, Im reluctant to dive into doing anything on my coupe following sedan DIY instructions because you never know when youre gonna run into somethign which is different or requires different tools etc. And because of the existence of the same DIY's for the sedan, no one bothers putting up coupe DIY's...its a chicken and egg situation!

I agree that the OP should quit bashing the sedan owners but on the flip side, the sedan guys have to see the logic in my explanation above!
If I may, what were you doing that the DIY for a sedan was different?

Ed
Old 06-17-2010, 03:18 PM

C230 Kompressor Coupe
Originally Posted by Glyn M Ruck
recognition - splinter

I go to sleep for a few hours and there are another 42 posts (yes 42) that really add no value & some comments that approach the banning limit.

Thanks Karo for calming the rhetoric on this futile thread.

Most important is to stop placing inaccurate info on the forum. If the cap fits wear it - you know who you are if you have an ounce of intelligence.

recognition - Drex
in order to keep the threat on topic why dont you rethink on your posts as well, and after if you may want to continue in the same manner it will be better for all of us if you look for some other threat to post in as the one here is, about doing CL203 sub forum or info on the coupe.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 795 Likes on 598 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
The CL203 is not getting its own subforum. As member TOMMY pointed out long ago in this thread, the decision has long been made. Some people just chose not to pay attention to that. I can assure you, from chats with him, he knows what he is talking about.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by emrliquidlife
If I may, what were you doing that the DIY for a sedan was different?

Ed
Just a couple of things off the top of my head:
1. License plate LED lights resistor install (instructions on how to remove trim)
2. Door panel removal
3. Oil change (filter location, etc)

There isnt a DIY for the oil change on my 02 coupe (M111) because one already exists for the M271 etc. Now if there was a coupe sub-forum...Im sure one would get created for the coupe M111.

Luckily I found a random picture on the internet with locatoons of allt he engine components and then put two and two together to pull off the oil change.

Last edited by jcnash; 06-17-2010 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
The CL203 is not getting its own subforum. As member TOMMY pointed out long ago in this thread, the decision has long been made. Some people just chose not to pay attention to that. I can assure you, from chats with him, he knows what he is talking about.
Is there a reason why Matt?
I know you sedan guys love us and dont wanna see us go...but we promise well stick around on this forum too
Old 06-17-2010, 04:26 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by jcnash
Just a couple of things off the top of my head:
1. License plate LED lights resistor install (instructions on how to remove trim)
2. Door panel removal
3. Oil change (filter location, etc)

There isnt a DIY for the oil change on my 02 coupe (M111) because one already exists for the M271 etc. Now if there was a coupe sub-forum...Im sure one would get created for the coupe M111.

Luckily I found a random picture on the internet with locatoons of allt he engine components and then put two and two together to pull off the oil change.
LOL, I can do those for you on a coupe, even when I don't own one.
Old 06-17-2010, 04:31 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
as for what is previously said about the C-sportcoupe sales. IT WAS a flop. It is the reason Mercedes-Benz decide not to use a completely new platform from the W204 to built the CLC on. instead the CLC is a facelifted CL203.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Say YES to separete C Coupe Sub forum.