C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

DIY: Hid Convert Kit Install - VVME product

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 10-14-2011, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sedan
Here's an update.

I sold my 04 c230 and got a 06 c230. I don't know if this applies to 05 too since the 06 has a face lift. I had once again install the VVME HID set and to my surprise, the headlight system have changed a bit. The metal wire clip is no longer there. Seems like the housing have change and made some improvements, well.. kinda.

There is no metal wire clip to hold the bulb in place. Now you wonder what holds it in place? Ther eis a little metal notch at the bottom and I believe at the top too to snap on and hold in place. I had some trouble removing the passenger side as it don't seem to want to let go of the OEM bulb. I finally got it out and snap in the HIDs. Work nicely.

Here's one thing I found werid. The ballast was buzzing when it's turned on. Both of them were buzzing. Is this normal?? I don't recall any buzzing on the 04 install.

Any one has this same condition? Just want to check before I send VVME a note of possible manufacture defect.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:13 PM

2005 C230K
Originally Posted by 04mbc230
Here's an update.

I sold my 04 c230 and got a 06 c230. I don't know if this applies to 05 too since the 06 has a face lift. I had once again install the VVME HID set and to my surprise, the headlight system have changed a bit. The metal wire clip is no longer there. Seems like the housing have change and made some improvements, well.. kinda.

There is no metal wire clip to hold the bulb in place. Now you wonder what holds it in place? Ther eis a little metal notch at the bottom and I believe at the top too to snap on and hold in place. I had some trouble removing the passenger side as it don't seem to want to let go of the OEM bulb. I finally got it out and snap in the HIDs. Work nicely.

Here's one thing I found werid. The ballast was buzzing when it's turned on. Both of them were buzzing. Is this normal?? I don't recall any buzzing on the 04 install.

Any one has this same condition? Just want to check before I send VVME a note of possible manufacture defect.
On my headlights (05 C230K SS) there is a black plastic ring where you put the bulbs in that you must turn to the left to 'unlock' the bulb in order to take it out. Put a new bulb in and twist the black ring back to the right to lock it in.

Buzzing for HID ballasts is completely normal while they're warming up.
Old 10-14-2011, 10:53 PM

2006 C230 Sedan
Thanks. Didn't know that. The reason is, when I took remove the baffle cap and touch the bulb wires, the driver side just came off. Then I thought, hmmz, it just snaps in and out.

Guess I have to have a second look at it tomorrow.

Originally Posted by jtwillia2
On my headlights (05 C230K SS) there is a black plastic ring where you put the bulbs in that you must turn to the left to 'unlock' the bulb in order to take it out. Put a new bulb in and twist the black ring back to the right to lock it in.

Buzzing for HID ballasts is completely normal while they're warming up.
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 PM

mercedes c240
HID kit issues

Hi,

I recently purchased a VVME 8000K hid kit with error cancelers.The ballast is 35W. After installing the kit, I noticed that there was buzzing sounds as the light flickered on and off. The intensity of the light was much lower than the standard halogen bulb. When I use the error cancelers, the light is on for a shorter amount of time and it still flickers and buzzes. I read above that buzzing is normal for the light as it warms up. I turned my car on for about 20 minutes but the bulb never increased in intensity and the light continued to flicker. Can someone please help me fix my light issue? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Iftikhar
Old 06-04-2012, 10:09 AM

2006 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by iftigt0
Hi,

I recently purchased a VVME 8000K hid kit with error cancelers.The ballast is 35W. After installing the kit, I noticed that there was buzzing sounds as the light flickered on and off. The intensity of the light was much lower than the standard halogen bulb. When I use the error cancelers, the light is on for a shorter amount of time and it still flickers and buzzes. I read above that buzzing is normal for the light as it warms up. I turned my car on for about 20 minutes but the bulb never increased in intensity and the light continued to flicker. Can someone please help me fix my light issue? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you,
Iftikhar
Sounds like you have a bad Transformer. That metal block you connect to. Tell the seller who sold you the product that you have this problem and want an exchange. Is both lights are doing the same? If not, try using the other bulb on the same unit and see if it's buzz or does it lights up brighter. Also do the same with the bad bulb to the other transformer. That way you can cross check which is bad and which isn't. If both are doing the same, then change out the whole set.