C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Spoiler choice for a 2006 C230 Sport Edition

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-07-2010 | 10:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
Your dealer = complete idiots.
Old 09-08-2010 | 06:59 PM

2006 C230, 2002 Lexus IS300
They may be equal but hold up Matt. At least some of what the dealer is telling must be correct. I called dealerships myself in Texas, Virgina, Maryland, Florida and Beverly Hills, California today. All of them tell me the same thing. This spoiler is no longer available here in the U.S. I challenge anyone to find a dealer that has one or can get one. Some say the part number is no longer valid, others say it's valid but when they try to actually see if they can get one, the part number comes up invalid or discontinued in their network. Call your local dealership and see if the 2037900888 is a part they can definetly get. I'll be calling a few more just to see if some poor soul doesn't haven't one on a shelf somewhere. So if ever you need to replace it, they told me they would buy an aftermarket one for a few hundred that is comparable or have a company mold an exact replica for about a $1000 if need be.

BTW, the AMG spoiler for the same year, 2037900788, I've been told has also been discontinued and according to the dealership in California, it cannot be specially made or ordered from Germany.
Old 09-08-2010 | 07:10 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
lol...i didn't want to say something, but if I go to my dealership where i get parts they can definitely order one if I want one. They are just telling you bunch of BS because they do not want the hassle of ordering a part for you and then ship it out to you. It is as simple as that. It's your call if you choose to believe them.
Old 09-08-2010 | 07:55 PM

Angry

Originally Posted by FrankW
lol...i didn't want to say something, but if I go to my dealership where i get parts they can definitely order one if I want one. They are just telling you bunch of BS because they do not want the hassle of ordering a part for you and then ship it out to you. It is as simple as that. It's your call if you choose to believe them.
Well isn't that great for you Frank?? Glad you get a big laugh out of all this, man. Why don't you call your dealer then and confirm what I been told by so many? Or better yet, pass on the dealership info to me,..I'll call them! I'll tell them Frank sent me! Do you really want to help or what?
Old 09-08-2010 | 08:17 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by kenk
Well isn't that great for you Frank?? Glad you get a big laugh out of all this, man. Why don't you call your dealer then and confirm what I been told by so many? Or better yet, pass on the dealership info to me,..I'll call them! I'll tell them Frank sent me! Do you really want to help or what?
three pages of people trying to help you aren't enough?

you don't think it's BS that they first tell you that it won't fit and then now tells you that you can't get them because they are discontinued? so you think that if someone with a 2007 sport sedan or the C55 that got into an accident and needed a trunk spoiler that they will have to settle for without a trunk spoiler?? even if you are new to MBZ, please use some simple logic.

we have been telling you they are just giving you the run around and stop going to the dealership from page 1. purchase the spoiler some where else. purchase it from MbenzNL/Steve. There's nothing more to it. The trunk spoiler is not a European part (i.e. the euro trunk plate insert, euro front bumper impact strip) that the US dealership don't have access to. I'm not about to call and bother my guy who I regularly use for a parts that I know exist and don't need.

There is no difference in trunk lid in any W203 sedan. There is no difference between the C55 AMG trunk spoiler and the 2007 US spec C230/350 sedan trunk spoiler.

Mercedes-Benz, VW/Audi, and BMW as well as many manufacturer all keep stock of parts up to at least 10 years model lines or even more.

Last edited by FrankW; 09-08-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 09-08-2010 | 10:03 PM

'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
Frank - I said I was going to stay out of this thread, but I ended up looking again. I believe i posted the VIN on a C55 with the 0888 spoiler listed in EPC before. And the VIN example for an '07 W203 230 with the 0788 spoiler. But apparently using EPC to look up a part number by VIN and giving a reference where he can go register, use EPC and verify the information himself is not sufficient.

Amazingly my dealer can check U.S. dealer inventory for parts and tell me if any particular part number I give them is in stock in a warehouse, or in dealer inventory, or has to be ordered from Germany. I am almost tempted to go bother them with this just for humor, but my work has been a bit to busy lately for me to seriously entertain the idea.

Again, Ken, if you have read this far -- I wish you luck, but all the asking in the world cannot make the information we have given you change. You have the part number, you have been repeatedly told that the trunk lids *have not* changed profiles for the entire W203 production but you prefer to believe what your dealer is telling you. Were you to want to make an additional effort, I would suggest that you talk to someone at a body shop - that is not related to your dealer. Since these are the people that would have to source the parts when the 2007 cars are involved in an accident, they probably can give you a good idea of what is available. As an alternative, go look on the used car lot at the dealership and find one on a car like you like. Tell them to take it off that car and put it on yours. Then replacing the one on their lot becomes their problem.

Again, good luck in your search, but you continue to ask the members of this forum to comment on information given by your dealer when you have already been given the best answers the forum appears to have available. I would be the collective knowledge in this forum against any parts department of any dealership in the country, mine preferred dealership included. Quite honestly, outside of engineers in Germany, this may be the very best source of information on these cars.
Old 09-08-2010 | 10:57 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
+1

if you choose to ignore the answers then stop asking the questions.
Old 09-09-2010 | 02:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
+1

I dont see why he keeps asking us for help if he keeps ignoring what we are telling him. Just makes me want to talk to my parts guy tomorrow morning when I go to drop off my car for its last check up before the warranty goes out.

If its this much of a hassle I just say go withouy a spoiler or just order one from a vendor here, why is it so important that you get an OEM one for anyways, alot of the aftermarket ones sold here fit just as good. Didn't the dealership say they'll even paint it and install it for you if you got an aftermarket one?
Old 09-09-2010 | 01:38 PM

06 C230 6 Speed FTW
wow this is still going on, who cares.....
Old 09-09-2010 | 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
I read it back twice to to the parts guy. The one he said I need ends in 888 unlike your 788 The dealer tells they made mostly black and silver. The color code was 9775 for silver. They said they repaint if the color required isn't available.
Your dealer is wrong. The correct part number is what 91RS posted A2037900788xxxx. xxxx being your 4 digit paint code. $620 MSRP. Can be had for ~$450 most online dealers.
Old 09-09-2010 | 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Part number 2037900788

Is available at www.getmercedesparts.com for $465. It will fit, and that parts supplier online is ran by Mercedes-Benz of Annapolis, MD. So there. Proof.

Your dealer = idiots. Like I said. What more do you want? Jesus Christ!

Last edited by LILBENZ230; 09-09-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 09-09-2010 | 07:41 PM
Banned

"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Ken is right.

I WENT to my dealership and got a schematic of the trunk lid with optional spoiler(s). There is an AMG spoiler (788) and then the one that came on 07 c230 sports. The 07 is NO LONGER available. however the AMG, PN# 788 still IS. They are two diff designs. Subtle differences, but they are not the same.

Two diff spoilers, supply and demand has allowed for the discontinuation of the production of the 07 sport spoiler. went and found out from my wholesale parts manager at the merc dealership i do business with first hand.

and moreover, black is the only color available to order in the 788 spoiler, cant even order it in primer.

pretty sure i was the only one here who got off my forum squatting butt and found out from the horses mouth.
Old 09-09-2010 | 07:47 PM
Banned

refer to
catalong 69N
group 75 - rear lid
subgroup 30 - rear lid hatch/attachment parts
picture#
B75030000241.090716
see item #450 = 788 amg spoiler (black only)
item #440 = 07 sport spoiler (out of production)

nough said
Old 09-09-2010 | 08:02 PM

Thanks cpbeasley, Finally someone got off their a$$, exerted some effort and made a call supporting what so many dealerships have told me within the last two days.
Old 09-09-2010 | 08:25 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
Ken is right.

I WENT to my dealership and got a schematic of the trunk lid with optional spoiler(s). There is an AMG spoiler (788) and then the one that came on 07 c230 sports. The 07 is NO LONGER available. however the AMG, PN# 788 still IS. They are two diff designs. Subtle differences, but they are not the same.

Two diff spoilers, supply and demand has allowed for the discontinuation of the production of the 07 sport spoiler. went and found out from my wholesale parts manager at the merc dealership i do business with first hand.

and moreover, black is the only color available to order in the 788 spoiler, cant even order it in primer.

pretty sure i was the only one here who got off my forum squatting butt and found out from the horses mouth.
yea, and W203 front control arms are discontinued as well. you can't use the same control arms with the 204 part #.

The sport spoiler you speak of is NOT the same as the AMG spoiler that came with the 2007 C230/350 sport sedan and the one he is trying to find. We have already told him there is only 1 W203 AMG trunk spoiler.

this is the sport spoiler

this is the AMG spoiler that comes with the C55 and the 2007 sport sedans

Old 09-09-2010 | 08:44 PM
MBworld Guru

white and whiter
Frank, The white one is shatty looking aftermarket one for the C230 and not one I want/ed. The spoiler on the red one is the same as the 2006 AMG which appeals to me since it is very similar to the 07 Sport model's spoiler. If you don't believe me, go to autotrader.com and look at tall the 2006 C55 AMG's. I will try to get the factory AMG one for my 06 sport that ends in 788 since the factory 888 is no longer available from my dealership.
the spoiler on the white car is the OEM spoiler with factory part number made available since 2005.

I'm not sure what part of there is ONLY ONE type of AMG trunk spoiler do you not understand?

two part number doesn't mean they are any different. The W203 front control arms are no longer available when you search the part number. They are now all listed with 204 part numbers. Must you get the 203 part number and can't use the 204 part number? NO. because they are the same exact thing.
Old 09-09-2010 | 08:47 PM

Frank, The white one looked to me to be an aftermarket for the C230 and not the one I want/ed but then again, it does look like #440 in the EPC so I may have to finally agree with you . That may be the only one I ever seen with that shape spoiler. I don't much like the contour near the ends. The spoiler on the red one is the same as the 2006 AMG which appeals to me since it is very similar to the 07 Sport model's spoiler. I went to autotrader.com and looked at all the 2006 C55 AMG's and they were identical. I will try to get the factory AMG one for my 06 Sport from my dealership that ends in 788 since the factory 2007's 888 is no longer available.
Old 09-09-2010 | 10:00 PM

C240
Good lord. Three pages over a spoiler. This is what dealerships do to you. They don't know squat and make it seem like they know everything. No wonder this guy has trouble believing us.

There are only a handful of dealerships out there that don't downright suck. Mine happens to suck, selling me two different spark plugs.
Old 09-10-2010 | 01:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

OMG this thread makes me want to drop-kick my laptop into the fireplace. The C55 and 07 Sport Sedans have the same spoiler. This is still available and from your description, what you want. You need to GO ELSEWHERE. Or better yet, just sell the W203 and go get something less complex. If you're having this much of a hard time understanding something VERY basic about the car:

1. The trunk lids are all the same.
2. The C55 and 07 Sport have the same spoiler
3. You can still get said spoiler
4. Said spoiler will fit

Then I don't know what you will do should you ever really encounter a problem. The M272 V6s are known for faulty camshaft position sensors.. one can only imagine the thread on MBWorld the day you get a CEL about that. We all best prepare now.

Edit: For the record, formymercedes.com sells a very good knock-off of the spoiler you want, painted anyway you want, for $300. It will look just like the 07 Sport. If you want it this bad and refuse to take any of us at our word then that is always an option.
Old 09-10-2010 | 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
OMG this thread makes me want to drop-kick my laptop into the fireplace. The C55 and 07 Sport Sedans have the same spoiler. This is still available and from your description, what you want. You need to GO ELSEWHERE. Or better yet, just sell the W203 and go get something less complex. If you're having this much of a hard time understanding something VERY basic about the car:

4. Said spoiler will fit

Then I don't know what you will do should you ever really encounter a problem. The M272 V6s are known for faulty camshaft position sensors.. one can only imagine the thread on MBWorld the day you get a CEL about that. We all best prepare now.

Edit: For the record, formymercedes.com sells a very good knock-off of the spoiler you want, painted anyway you want, for $300. It will look just like the 07 Sport. If you want it this bad and refuse to take any of us at our word then that is always an option.
You having fun yet Matt? Funny you said that! I do think the Cam sensors are faulty on my car. Got any suggestions? The dealer says they disontinued making the cam sensors for my car and I would have to sell the car back to them and buy a new car. Cool the engines Matt! I get the point all you cats are making!
Old 09-10-2010 | 06:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 C230 SS 6spd
You having fun yet Matt? Funny you said that! I do think the Cam sensors are faulty on my car. Got any suggestions? The dealer says they disontinued making the cam sensors for my car and I would have to sell the car back to them and buy a new car. Cool the engines Matt! I get the point all you cats are making!

if you're worried about the cam sensor just have the dealership replace it if you have warranty.
Old 09-10-2010 | 07:56 AM
Super Moderator

2007 C230SS; 2014 ML350 BT
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230

4. Said spoiler will fit

I am done with this thread.

Matt, it is the camshaft solenoids that are faulty on the M272 engines.

Ken, just go read my posts in this thread: https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ank-1-a-3.html from #57 on. The camshaft solenoids are the problem, and not the sensors. They have been revised. They are cheap and easy to replace if you are out of warranty.
Old 09-10-2010 | 08:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My bad, John. It's the solenoids. They'll throw a CEL. Of course this will require at least 7 days of part number searching and questions of fit in probably 15 pages of posts about how the 06 has different solenoids than the 07 even though they're the same engine and how the dealer says you can't get those solenoids anymore because they're out of production but maybe they can fabricate you a new one out of bleu cheese.
Old 09-10-2010 | 08:51 AM
Banned

i like blue cheese
Old 09-10-2010 | 04:35 PM

Jesus Christ, I was kidding about the Cam people! The car runs fine!

If anyone cares, I got the dealer to spring for the factory 788 Spoiler. He can only get it in black so it will have to be repainted red to match the car. Retail price would have been about $700 but it won't cost me anything except the aggrivation they put me through.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Spoiler choice for a 2006 C230 Sport Edition