C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Ideas For Modifications - 2006 C230 Sport (White)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Too Many To List
Originally Posted by LorinserCClass
Fenders are tricky ESP if they are made in masses. I know when I did mine back in the day it was a one of custom and it fit PERFECT since I used my real fender....but ppl that tried it after from other shops selling copies of the fender just had a lot of problems with fitment. Just a piece of advice.
Just a quick bit about our products.

We stand behind every product we sell. If there's a major fitment issue, we work with you to resolve that issue. A lot of people buy from one of our distributors on eBay or somewhere else which can be tough if an issue arises. If you purchase directly from me, you're dealing with the manufacturer of the parts which makes handling an issue much easier. If you have any questions or would like a quote, please don't hesitate to ask, that's why I'm here.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2006 Mercedes-Benz C-230 Sport
Originally Posted by timmynabenz
i kept my grill stock and had my star painted black, IMO looks best
After looking at hundreds of photos and options online, I agree.. The W203 C Class just looks better with the stock grille. I'll either keep the stock grille as it is, or have it painted black and upgrade to the bi-xenons.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by DamonDash
After looking at hundreds of photos and options online, I agree.. The W203 C Class just looks better with the stock grille. I'll either keep the stock grille as it is, or have it painted black and upgrade to the bi-xenons.
Great choice

+1 on the grill. The front isn't aggressive enough to match the star grill. To me it looks pretty ugly and the worst IMO is when people have the upright star and a star grill
I'm not a fan of the upright star...doesn't match the sporty look of the car.

BiX and blacked out stock grill is the way to go

Edit:
DEPO + HID kit is a much better deal than the original BiX and to be honest with you the light output isn't a big difference..definitely not worth the extra money but again that's just me.
If you are going to go spend the money on original BiX you might as well buy the DEPOs and retrofit your our projector/lens because you'll get 10 times better output.

just my two cents.

Last edited by W203E35; 12-08-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Karo
Great choice

+1 on the grill. The front isn't aggressive enough to match the star grill. To me it looks pretty ugly and the worst IMO is when people have the upright star and a star grill
I'm not a fan of the upright star...doesn't match the sporty look of the car.

BiX and blacked out stock grill is the way to go

Edit:
DEPO + HID kit is a much better deal than the original BiX and to be honest with you the light output isn't a big difference..definitely not worth the extra money but again that's just me.
If you are going to go spend the money on original BiX you might as well buy the DEPOs and retrofit your our projector/lens because you'll get 10 times better output.

just my two cents.
I agree, the front end isn't as sleek as the CL's.. After really looking at some pics of the star grille installed, it really doesn't look right.

As for the bi-xenons.. I'm glad you said that, I've been going crazy trying to compare the look of the OEMs to the DEPOT's. As far as I can tell, they pretty much look exactly the same. My only concern would be rather they actually fit correctly. I've seen a few W203's w/ BiX that had uneven spaces, etc.. As long as they fit evenly and look good, I'll definitely go w/ the aftermarket set.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
Most depos fit fine on the cars, you just have to adjust and make sure it fits right before tightening all the bolts down. You can always return the headlights if they dont fit the way you want them to. I'm about to order some FX-R projectors and retrofit them on my depos to get a better cutoff line.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by phister
Most depos fit fine on the cars, you just have to adjust and make sure it fits right before tightening all the bolts down. You can always return the headlights if they dont fit the way you want them to. I'm about to order some FX-R projectors and retrofit them on my depos to get a better cutoff line.
Makes sense.. I'm assuming that most of the pics I have seen are one's where the owner installed them themselves and didn't set them in correctly. I was involved in a minor bump up and have a busted headlight, grille, and hood. So I'm going to have the body shop install all the upgrades for me.

What exactly do you mean by "a better cutoff line"?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
I agree, the front end isn't as sleek as the CL's.. After really looking at some pics of the star grille installed, it really doesn't look right.

As for the bi-xenons.. I'm glad you said that, I've been going crazy trying to compare the look of the OEMs to the DEPOT's. As far as I can tell, they pretty much look exactly the same. My only concern would be rather they actually fit correctly. I've seen a few W203's w/ BiX that had uneven spaces, etc.. As long as they fit evenly and look good, I'll definitely go w/ the aftermarket set.

Think of it this way, I paid 380 for DEPOs and 2 HID kits. One headlight and one for fogs. I think you'll only get one headlight for 380 if you go OE BiX

Phister knows exactly what he is talking about. The FX-R (from what I heard from members) is the best way to go.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=101

^^ This is basically what you're changing to get better light

This is what cutoff is..with the FX-R you get much better cutoff.

This is DEPO cutoff.

Ideas For Modifications - 2006 C230 Sport (White)-dscn1875.jpg

Photo courtesy of Javvy.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ht-cutoff.html

Last edited by W203E35; 12-08-2010 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Karo
Think of it this way, I paid 380 for DEPOs and 2 HID kits. One headlight and one for fogs. I think you'll only get one headlight for 380 if you go OE BiX

Phister knows exactly what he is talking about. The FX-R (from what I heard from members) is the best way to go.

http://www.theretrofitsource.com/pro...roducts_id=101

^^ This is basically what you're changing to get better light

This is what cutoff is..with the FX-R you get much better cutoff.

This is DEPO cutoff.

Photo courtesy of Javvy.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...ht-cutoff.html
Thanks Karo, I will definitely look into that.. The OEM's are ridiculously expensive, MB retails each BiX at $2,295 per headlight I believe.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 SS, 2006 S500, 2008 CLS550 Lorinser
good choice on the grill!!
Old 12-17-2010, 11:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
'11 SL550 - '08 ML350
I like the new W203 CL style grille w/ 3 chrome lines (shown below), but have not seen what it looks like on a white C230. If anyone has any pics, please post them!

Also, please post any pics that any of you may have of a (or your) WHITE C230 Sport.

Any ideas and pics would be appreciated, Thanks!
Here is the grill on a white W203.

Old 12-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Banned

"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Originally Posted by Wardsweb
Here is the grill on a white W203.

White is the one color that I absoloutely like to see the 3-slat CL grille on.

Looks good WW!
Old 12-18-2010, 01:02 AM

C230
Originally Posted by LorinserCClass
Here is how that type of grille looked like back in '04....
OMG! what lip is
Old 12-18-2010, 01:52 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
Originally Posted by NOCSUCOW
OMG! what lip is
Lorinser
Old 12-20-2010, 09:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Originally Posted by Extreme Dimensions
Just a quick bit about our products.

We stand behind every product we sell. If there's a major fitment issue, we work with you to resolve that issue. A lot of people buy from one of our distributors on eBay or somewhere else which can be tough if an issue arises. If you purchase directly from me, you're dealing with the manufacturer of the parts which makes handling an issue much easier. If you have any questions or would like a quote, please don't hesitate to ask, that's why I'm here.

That is awesome of you to provide these modders that. Back in the early stages of this platform everything was 'one of custom' because NO ONE was supporting us back then. Most aftermarket companies would rather support the e46 or JDM. Hats off to you Extreme Dimensions
Old 12-20-2010, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The True OG Modded out W203
Originally Posted by NOCSUCOW
OMG! what lip is

that is correct Lorinser lip. One of my first few investments I had made on my c class back then. Oh the memories