C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Rumors part II

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-07-2002, 10:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Rumors part II

Not to steal anyone's thunder...but I couldn't reply to the other post...

Let's not forget that the other German car company is bringing the Tii back to the US. Maybe M-B wants to stay in the running by reducing the coupe's base price even further, while expanding their future line up....

Other C stirrings - C26 Coupe...hmmm, C32 and Sportwagen get 4matic, Sportwagen gets Panarama, C32 gets tweaked for more HP, C43/55 sedan intro's with the new CLK

By the way, recent spy pics were published in several mags of an E class with Panarama, too....maybe this is a hint of a new 'signature' for the company.
Old 02-08-2002, 09:48 AM
benzomonterey

The 2003 E will be available with Panorama as an option.
Old 02-08-2002, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Awaiting a new arrival...
I'd love to know where you find this info out...per a previous thread, I found no one at MB (nor did 5 different dealers and their contacts) that had any inkling to an AMG-derived sport package coming on the 2002 or 2003 models, be it a C26 (which would rock!) or something in line with the AMG Evolution package from Europe.

I pretty much have decided that waiting for the car the exact way I would want it to come is too risky...just buy something now and enjoy it seems to be the direction I need to go. I don't want a car I am going to regret buying or feel the urge to modify too much, I've done that too much already with other cars.

If you can substantiate what you are hearing (including on an AMG Evolution style coupe), please share more. I'd LOVE to know. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2002, 03:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I read AutoWeek, and several other periodicals. They hint at these developments, and then back them up with photos. The C26(using the 2.6l v6 from the C240 line)is something AMG started working on when the coupe was released in Europe, but it's hushed because of DCX's plans to move to the 1.8L Kompressor in the coupe's future. Don't wait too long, you might not be able to get a C230k Coupe! By the way, Evolution I is currently offered as a C7 package. You can get the staggered wheels of the Evo II for an added $1880.00.

Panarama, AMG tweaks and new AMG models have been speculated since the announcement of the CLK redesign. Automobile Magazine showed a C 320 Sportwagen with a panarama roof(front and rear seats only) a few issues ago(Dec01?).
Old 02-08-2002, 05:25 PM

Awaiting a new arrival...
For me at least, the different front and rear bumpers were appealing from the EVO-II AMG package, as well as the centered fog lights. However, a contact in Finland is working on getting those for me, as well as the clutchless 6 spd sesquetronic for Renncpe... The wheels...those are already taken care of.

Regardless, the car I originally ordered may be the car I ultimately stick with, having added C1 to it a short time ago as a what the heck type decision...if there truly is doubt that a 230 will be offered soon, I'll side with safe rather than sorry at this point.
Old 02-08-2002, 05:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
Hmmm, interesting stirrings in the Coupe world. The switch to a 180K motor seems a bit surprising, it doesn't seem to fit with MBs recent model history (usually the motors available get upgraded - especially from MB-USA) but if the new 3-series Compact is truly heading to these shores with a lower 20s price range I can see MB adjusting motors/prices to compete. I'm also not sure if I buy Mercedes Enthusiast's speculation regarding the entire line of c-sedan motors becoming available in the coupe either - that would make something like six or seven engine choices available in Europe (assuming they don't get rid of some of the 4 cylinder motors). My guess is that even if they do this, likely only one V6 will be made available in North America.

Regarding an AMG coupe - that also doesn't seem to fit with MB's philosophy of one AMG per class. Is there a AMG version of any of the C-class wagons (can't recall off the top of my head)? - If there is than maybe we will see an AMG coupe. Alternatively, the supercharged 2.6L V6 might become the premium engine choice for a future MY coupe (although not as an "official" AMG release), as this would provide the necessary power increase over the 230K (as the NA 2.6L is less powerful and the 3.2L has only a 20-hp difference).

BT
Old 02-08-2002, 06:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Audi S4
AMG wagons have always been offered in Europe, never in the US, not sure if there is a C32 Touring (wagon) in Europe currently.
Old 02-08-2002, 06:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C230 K
OK then - I thought I remembered that there were AMG wagons, but I was pretty sure I had never seen one in the US. If past history is any indication then, it probably doesn't bode well for an AMG coupe making it to the new world.

Cheers, BT
Old 02-08-2002, 07:24 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Yepp, there is a C32-wagon available in Europe.
Old 02-08-2002, 07:34 PM
DtS
MBWorld Fanatic!

C200 Kompressor
Hmm, had intentions to post a picture of it, but accidently hit the submit button

Anyway, here is what it looks like