C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

04' C230 Kompressor Tuning... ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport
04' C230 Kompressor Tuning... ?

Hey guys, I'm BACK!! lol. 2 Years later, I finally scooped up another MB.

I scored a cherry 04' C230K, 76K miles, in awesome shape. Looks like every suspension component on the thing has already been replaced not that long ago.

So, I come here to ask... because I never got around to it on my last C230.

Is there any tuning & pulley kits availible for these cars? A way to squeeze out say another 20-40HP? This car is now serving as my daily driver, and with all the newer cars out there putting down 250+ HP, I thought I'd ask if there's a way to bring this one up to snuff.

Also, Please forgive me asking... as the site has changed in the past two years... but if someone could PLEASE point me in the right direction on these issues.

1. My center-console cigarette lighter / socket doesn't work. I need it, so I can charge my cellphone on the regular. Where do I go in the car to check the fuse for this, and see if this is not getting power? Also, what fuse would it be (#), etc.

2. My sunroof is acting up. Could someone please walk me through how to "reset" the sunroof? It won't "auto" close if you just click the button forward... you have to hold the button forward, and I'd like to get it working properly again. Also, what kind of grease do I put on the rails? I'm going to take some time and service the rails, clean it up, etc. Its in great shape, but just some minor details need to be addressed.

3. Windshield washer bottle. Do these have a plug in them of any kind? I pour fluid into it, and it just dumps down onto the ground below the car. I'm wondering if they have some kind of drain, or rubber plug that could've come out? I know the bottle is way the hell down there in the bumper, and I just havent had a chance to fully investigate yet. Could someone enlighten me on what could be up with that? There's no lights, or "issues" on the cars gauge cluster saying the washer fluid is low, so I'm curious as to what could be going on there. I don't want to spend the money on a new bottle if I don't have to, etc.

4. Is it possible to service the transmission, and rear diff on my own? I'd like the avoid the dealerships exhorbant prices for such a simple set of tasks. What all is involved with doing this, and what fluids are used for the servicing? (Quantities, gaskets, packings required, etc). I'd really appreciate all info on that. I don't know if these transmissions have a replaceable filter, like a Ford or a Chevy does.

5. Also, does anyone manufacture a OBD-2 to USB cable I can plug my laptop into my car with? (Use my laptop as a scanner, etc). What software would I need to do so?

Anyway, thank you to anyone that can help me on these issues. It feels so good to be back in a Benz. These vehicles are great.

(Doing a Thermostat change, and oil change tomorrow afternoon)

Thanks Guys.

-Matt R

Last edited by WorstNightmare; 01-07-2011 at 10:56 PM.
Old 01-08-2011, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2006 C350 Sport 6MT
You should hit up Rollnnn. I know he has a pulley upgrade and headers and a tune done from Jeremy at oetuning. You should hitup http://oetuning.com for a tune, he was running specials and the guy got me 22whp and 33wtq. So i'm guessing with a pulley upgrade and a tune you'll hit easily 20-40hp.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport
Originally Posted by Karo
You should hit up Rollnnn. I know he has a pulley upgrade and headers and a tune done from Jeremy at oetuning. You should hitup http://oetuning.com for a tune, he was running specials and the guy got me 22whp and 33wtq. So i'm guessing with a pulley upgrade and a tune you'll hit easily 20-40hp.
So, those are just a plug in chip?

I'll have to give em a call. Thank you for the link.

Any word on any of the other conditions?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by WorstNightmare
So, those are just a plug in chip?

I'll have to give em a call. Thank you for the link.

Any word on any of the other conditions?
You send your ECU (computer unit) to them and they flash it for you.

PM this guy https://mbworld.org/forums/members/74337-rollnnn.html he has performance mods on his car and he can help you out to get exactly what you need (pulley, headers and tune)
Old 01-09-2011, 01:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230K, Audi S4
I can't fnd much either. Coming from the Audi world, it is rather disappointing.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by g0dfather
I can't fnd much either. Coming from the Audi world, it is rather disappointing.
How much are you looking to spend?
Old 01-09-2011, 09:25 AM

C230K, Audi S4
How much are you looking to spend?
Not much. I was hoping for lots of OTS (off-the-shelf) tuning options and used chipped ECUs floating around. I suppose I will just leave it stock. My 500+ horsepower S4 is my fast car, but I was just hoping for a tad more grunt since it's a supercharged engine and usually there are good gains to be had from forced induction. I incorrectly assumed there would be lots of chip and pulley+chip options.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
'16 E350, gone: '03 c230k
Just wanted to throw out that I'm quite pleased with my tune from Powerchips. While I don't have a dyno to 'prove' it, they provide an example dyno and I can really feel the difference. I went for the 91 octane tune as I'm in CA and want to use straight pump gas. Their dynos show +15 hp/tq (93 octane tune gives you ~+20 hp/tq). Just enough to make the car that much more fun to drive. The only bummer for me was that they literally have to pry the cover off your ECU to do what they do, then they RTV it back on. This will be the same with any tuner you go to for these vehicles BTW.

I come from the Porsche turbo-charged world and thought I would see more in the way of aftermarket goodies for these cars too, but se la vie. Good luck with the mods and enjoy your new ride!!
Old 01-10-2011, 01:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Not much. I was hoping for lots of OTS (off-the-shelf) tuning options and used chipped ECUs floating around. I suppose I will just leave it stock. My 500+ horsepower S4 is my fast car, but I was just hoping for a tad more grunt since it's a supercharged engine and usually there are good gains to be had from forced induction. I incorrectly assumed there would be lots of chip and pulley+chip options.
There are chip, pulley and even header options but they can climb close to the 2k range if not more and you'll be lucky if you get close to 40hp crank. If anything you can get an ECU tune but if you have a weekend monster then I say no point.
Old 01-10-2011, 04:33 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I incorrectly assumed there would be lots of chip and pulley+chip options.
If it makes you feel better, you're not alone.

Alot of us have spent a good amount of money to not get much; it's very annoying at best. These cars are just not set up for easy tuning.

If you want a bit more fun, what I would suggest would be thicker sways (H&R, Eibach, or a combination of the two) and better rubber. After that, you get to diminishing returns on your investment very quickly.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
The Pulley kit is definitely one of the better performance upgrades, but unfortunately you can't find them anywhere. Yes OE tune from Jeremy.

+1 on the sways, i also recommend a sprint booster which makes the car more fun...

Last edited by ROLLNNN; 01-11-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
The Pulley kit is definitely one of the better performance upgrades, but unfortunately you can find them anywhere. Yes OE tune from Jeremy.

+1 on the sways, i also recommend a sprint booster which makes the car more fun...
Ya, I noticed...not even Kleemann anymore or Renntech. What's with that? Why did they stop making them?
Old 01-13-2011, 12:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
Ya, I noticed...not even Kleemann anymore or Renntech. What's with that? Why did they stop making them?
no market for them, nobody was buying... at the prices these companies were charging before, i don't blame them..
Old 01-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

KLEEMANN still produces M271 boost kits. Replacement crankshaft pulley, smaller water pump pulley, K&N filter and ECU programming. +20-25 WHP, +35 WTQ. $2095.00. Dyno attached. This particular car had KLEEMANN headers installed previous to the installation of the boost kit, so the final peak values you see are for a K2 car (headers and pulley).
Attached Thumbnails 04' C230 Kompressor Tuning... ?-c230_bk_hdr.jpg  
Old 01-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
1. My center-console cigarette lighter / socket doesn't work. I need it, so I can charge my cellphone on the regular. Where do I go in the car to check the fuse for this, and see if this is not getting power? Also, what fuse would it be (#), etc.

There is a fuse map tucked away by the fuses in the dash. Pry the door in the left side of dash open, and it should be there. If it isn't, do a search here; diagrams have been posted several times.

2. My sunroof is acting up. Could someone please walk me through how to "reset" the sunroof?
It's called "resynching" and is described in the manual. Close the sunroof and then keep holding the switch for a 10 count. That should resynch things.

3. Windshield washer bottle. Do these have a plug in them of any kind? I pour fluid into it, and it just dumps down onto the ground below the car. I'm wondering if they have some kind of drain, or rubber plug that could've come out? I know the bottle is way the hell down there in the bumper, and I just havent had a chance to fully investigate yet. Could someone enlighten me on what could be up with that? There's no lights, or "issues" on the cars gauge cluster saying the washer fluid is low, so I'm curious as to what could be going on there. I don't want to spend the money on a new bottle if I don't have to, etc.
Hmmm, as far as I know, there's no plug at the bottom. Go to a dealer and have them pull up the schematic on it; it should show if there is. However, the sensor should be showing that it's empty. You could have two issues here.
Matt, since no one has addressed the non-tuning issues you raised, I did what I could above.
Old 08-20-2022, 11:58 AM

2005 Mercedes benz c230 kompressor
Charger port

Hey guys, I'm BACK!! lol. 2 Years later, I finally scooped up another MB.

I scored a cherry 04' C230K, 76K miles, in awesome shape. Looks like every suspension component on the thing has already been replaced not that long ago.

So, I come here to ask... because I never got around to it on my last C230.

Is there any tuning & pulley kits availible for these cars? A way to squeeze out say another 20-40HP? This car is now serving as my daily driver, and with all the newer cars out there putting down 250+ HP, I thought I'd ask if there's a way to bring this one up to snuff.

Also, Please forgive me asking... as the site has changed in the past two years... but if someone could PLEASE point me in the right direction on these issues.

2. My sunroof is acting up. Could someone please walk me through how to "reset" the sunroof? It won't "auto" close if you just click the button forward... you have to hold the button forward, and I'd like to get it working properly again. Also, what kind of grease do I put on the rails? I'm going to take some time and service the rails, clean it up, etc. Its in great shape, but just some minor details need to be addressed.

4. Is it possible to service the transmission, and rear diff on my own? I'd like the avoid the dealerships exhorbant prices for such a simple set of tasks. What all is involved with doing this, and what fluids are used for the servicing? (Quantities, gaskets, packings required, etc). I'd really appreciate all info on that. I don't know if these transmissions have a replaceable filter, like a Ford or a Chevy does.

5. Also, does anyone manufacture a OBD-2 to USB cable I can plug my laptop into my car with? (Use my laptop as a scanner, etc). What software would I need to do so?

Anyway, thank you to anyone that can help me on these issues. It feels so good to be back in a Benz. These vehicles are great.

(Doing a Thermostat change, and oil change tomorrow afternoon)

Thanks Guys.

-Matt R

the fuses are in the trunk,also yes there is a pulley upgrade
Old 05-16-2023, 04:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
03 c230 Kompressor sport coupe
Yes they make them but not for the c230 m271 just the c180 and c200 m271. They don't make the pulley kit for the c230k because it's already getting the most out of the super charger it can safely get without deminishg returns.

QUOTE=Cory @ Kleemann;4458551]KLEEMANN still produces M271 boost kits. Replacement crankshaft pulley, smaller water pump pulley, K&N filter and ECU programming. +20-25 WHP, +35 WTQ. $2095.00. Dyno attached. This particular car had KLEEMANN headers installed previous to the installation of the boost kit, so the final peak values you see are for a K2 car (headers and pulley).[/QUOTE]