C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

facelift w204 c350; 300+hp, 7200rpm redline, anyone know the changes made?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 06:20 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
lol, should have bought a C55.

I know you wanted stick, but for all the power you're seeking and the money you're dropping into it, the C55 would have been a far better pick. like, the C350, the C55 prices have tanked as well. you could have had one not too far off from what you paid for your C350 and a fraction of the mods. The C350 is a great car, but with the prices being very close right now, the C55 is a no brainer for someone that wants something fast.

Last edited by nlpamg; 01-20-2011 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by nlpamg
but then it wouldn't have been "the one"
Old 01-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 58 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 GT3 RS, 2017 M3 30 Jahre
Originally Posted by e1000
but then it wouldn't have been "the one"
Old 01-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"annoyance" and "self-righteousness", amoung others...
Different compression ratio, different cams, different head, completely revised intake manifold, different tune. This is not an educated guess.

Uh yeah give MBUSA's "pimp my engine" hotline a call. I'm sure a qualified engine builder will get right on that parts list to update your engine.
I guess you have a problem with curiosity? Or maybe a problem with anything that I say?

Anyway, your response was still a little vague but considering you know everything, this has got to be the best answer that I'm going to get.

BTW, you ducked out of the other thread when you weren't quite finished there. Several of us were clamoring for your reasoning behind your thoughts that my observations regarding my car's max speed and rpms were 'wrong calculations'. If I still have your attention, would you care to elaborate here?

"the one"; a cheesy joke about the rarity of my car. Don't worry, I wasn't trying to challenge your crown for the most vain on the forum.

Last edited by cpbeasley; 01-20-2011 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 06:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nlpamg

I know you wanted stick, but for all the power you're seeking and the money you're dropping into it, the C55 would have been a far better pick. like, the C350, the C55 prices have tanked as well. you could have had one not too far off from what you paid for your C350 and a fraction of the mods. The C350 is a great car, but with the prices being very close right now, the C55 is a no brainer for someone that wants something fast.
Here we go again.

No, what I should have done was purchase a modded LS1 f-body for $8,000, had at least another $6,000 to spend to match $ spent, and ate any c55 for breakfast.

Neither did I want a c55 or another f-body.

Basically, since you assume what it is Im seeking, you assume wrong. I'm not looking to be the fastest kid on the block. I want what I have, plus a few mods. Im happy with whatever becomes of it. I requested info on what was different with the SLK350. So what?

different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by cpbeasley; 01-20-2011 at 06:42 PM.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by cpbeasley
I guess you have a problem with curiosity? Or maybe a problem with anything that I say?

Anyway, your response was still a little vague but considering you know everything, this has got to be the best answer that I'm going to get.

BTW, you ducked out of the other thread when you weren't quite finished there. Several of us were clamoring for your reasoning behind your thoughts that my observations regarding my car's max speed and rpms were 'wrong calculations'. If I still have your attention, would you care to elaborate here?

"the one"; a cheesy joke about the rarity of my car. Don't worry, I wasn't trying to challenge your crown for the most vain on the forum.
It's so vague that it's the best answer of the changes MB made to the M272. Go figure.

I didn't duck out of the thread, I just chose not to post. I saw you asking, just didnt' feel like spoon feeding you the info you should already have. Yes I do have the info and actually, it's been sent to two members here on MBW that I respect and generally speaking, they agree with me.

Nice joke, I was simply adding to your little fun. Most vain? Last time I checked you're the one starting the threads, asking for info, drawing attention to yourself.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:52 PM
Banned

Generally agree that my speedometer and tach are wrong, or that my observations were incorrect?

Yes, I have been asking lots of questions; Ive needed help. Unfortunately, I don't know everything like you do. Especially considering this is my first Benz. Im learning as I go here. So since you chose to squabble via PM to whomever else you view as the elite here, Im guessing none of the 3 or 4 people who requested more information re: your "point of view" are smart enough to know whatever it is that Im apparently supposed to know about my car reading incorrect speed and rpm?
Old 01-20-2011, 08:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Generally agree that my speedometer and tach are wrong, or that my observations were incorrect?

Yes, I have been asking lots of questions; Ive needed help. Unfortunately, I don't know everything like you do. Especially considering this is my first Benz. Im learning as I go here. So since you chose to squabble via PM to whomever else you view as the elite here, Im guessing none of the 3 or 4 people who requested more information re: your "point of view" are smart enough to know whatever it is that Im apparently supposed to know about my car reading incorrect speed and rpm?
Who said anything about PM? Don't forget I personally know several members on this forum.

Funny thing is, you're the only one worked up here. Off the top of my head you've called me rude and vain. I've done nothing but provide accurate information in my posts. Again, why would I freely help someone that isn't receptive to the information I've given. Why would I want to help out further?

Hate to break it to you, but this isn't a point of view. Facts are facts. They may be interpreted in many ways, but cold hard numbers aren't a matter of opinion.
Old 01-20-2011, 08:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
https://mbworld.org/forums/4471982-post125.html

I think I hurt someone's feelings
Old 01-20-2011, 09:05 PM
Banned

Who said anything about PM? Don't forget I personally know several members on this forum.

Funny thing is, you're the only one worked up here. Off the top of my head you've called me rude and vain. I've done nothing but provide accurate information in my posts. Again, why would I freely help someone that isn't receptive to the information I've given. Why would I want to help out further?

Hate to break it to you, but this isn't a point of view. Facts are facts. They may be interpreted in many ways, but cold hard numbers aren't a matter of opinion.
Your facts remain opinion until you explain why my speedo and tach are reporting incorrect #s.

And yes, you did hurt my feelings. I love this forum; the personal interaction, exchange of knowledge, and people willing to help other people. All in the name of w203 enthusiasm.

All you ever did was tell me that lowering the gear ratio was a wrong move without ever offering an explanation of why. I told you I was doing this for fun, not to win races, and that Ive had luck with this in the past and wanted to try it again... and you act like thats a dismissal of the facts?
And moreover, how am I supposed to react when you tell me that my "calculations are wrong" after I report top speeds and rpms. What was I doing, lying? If my ecu/tach/speedo/speed sensor, whatever is not accurate, I'd like to know.
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM
Banned

Thus far you've proven to a bigger source of ridicule then lending facts.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
Your facts remain opinion until you explain why my speedo and tach are reporting incorrect #s.

And yes, you did hurt my feelings. I love this forum; the personal interaction, exchange of knowledge, and people willing to help other people. All in the name of w203 enthusiasm.
Tissue?

All you ever did was tell me that lowering the gear ratio was a wrong move without ever offering an explanation of why. I told you I was doing this for fun, not to win races, and that Ive had luck with this in the past and wanted to try it again... and you act like thats a dismissal of the facts?
And moreover, how am I supposed to react when you tell me that my "calculations are wrong" after I report top speeds and rpms. What was I doing, lying? If my ecu/tach/speedo/speed sensor, whatever is not accurate, I'd like to know.
Go read back in your thread and honestly tell me you had an open mind and honest perspective of what you are going to do. You were convinced from post #1, just like you often are and then move the discussion toward that conclusion. You really never ask questions, you come to conclusions and then try to find out details that support that conclusion.

Read my first post in your final drive thread, I simply stated facts, which was dismissed right away. Even in this thread, I've made posts that are relevant and true. It might not be what you wanted to hear, but that's life.

Thus far you've proven to a bigger source of ridicule then lending facts.
Cry me a river.
Old 01-20-2011, 11:16 PM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
heh, seriously? This is the kind of stuff you're telling forum members to do?

INSURANCE FRAUD??????
Old 01-21-2011, 12:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 794 Likes on 597 Posts
2019 G70 6MT & 2022 Ford Maverick XL
I like both E and Cale, so I'm staying out of that one.

My .02c - I'd take a C350 6MT over a C55 all day. That choice alone, I understand. From there, I'd have left the C350 alone. Mercedes knew what they were doing when they designed the car and that's enough for me. Plus, tampering with their tested, tested again, then re-tested formula just seems to ask for it never to be quite as good as it was the way they made it. It's not an $8k F-body. It's a hellishly complicated piece of German engineering. Am I the only one who notices some of the extreme attention to detail in these cars? The one example that comes to mind is the behavior of the seat belt reminder light that stays off with the door open. That's evidence of the fiddling, nerdy, tedious German over-engineering.

Cale - you remind me of Karo. Take that as a compliment, he's one of my favorites. But Eric(k?) is right, a few of the threads aren't questions at all. You seek information to confirm a conclusion you've already reached. This forum is a great resource. I knew nothing of the W203 when I bought it. I just wanted it, it was the right size, right price, right equipment at the right time. I've learned a lot here.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:54 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
i think i'm watching ESPN sportcenter's "cold hard facts" right now...with a little bit of PTI....rofl....
Old 01-21-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
'02 C230 Coupe (Me) '03 SLK320 6MT (Wife)
Originally Posted by LILBENZ230
I like both E and Cale, so I'm staying out of that one.
+1 Matt.

Although I can say I understand the impulse to tinker with the car. I don't care what you give me to drive -- if I actually like it, I will tinker with it in some way.

I actually had not noticed about the seat belt warning light, and had to go out in the parking lot and check
Old 01-21-2011, 09:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT

Cale - you remind me of Karo. Take that as a compliment, he's one of my favorites.
Thanks Matt I love you too

Don't take everything personal. I got smashed when I brought up the turbo thread and it's all good. They are just trying to save us from headaches.

I would listen to Eric. He has great knowledge. Some say he was the actual inventor of the Hadouken.

Last edited by W203E35; 01-21-2011 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2007 C280 4Matic
Tissue?[/URL]
Note to self don't mess with e1000 on the interwebs. He will cut you.

Mercedes knew what they were doing when they designed the car and that's enough for me.
That car was designed by an engineer making $60-90k/yr. That amounts to good pay for an automotive engineer but they are far from infallible. These guys aren't the shinning stars of the engineering world many on these forums make them out to be. They are better paid then other automotive engineers which average 61k/yr, but that ME/EE degree is much better put to use in any other field. The best follow the paycheck right to aerospace or open their own consulting firm.

Someone with a little more ability or just a different perspective can out engineer them. It is very much so possible just look at the high end tunning companies.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:44 AM
Banned

heh, seriously? This is the kind of stuff you're telling forum members to do?

INSURANCE FRAUD??????
At school and have zero time for this crap, but I will take a minute to say: really?
It was a joke.
Did you seriously going through an old thread looking for anything about which to flame me? And take it out of context at that?
You may be 'knowledgeable', but you're a real *****.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:53 AM
Out Of Control!!

a quarter mile at a time
At school and have zero time for this crap, but I will take a minute to say: really?
It was a joke.
Did you seriously going through an old thread looking for anything about which to flame me? And take it out of context at that?
You may be 'knowledgeable', but you're a real *****.
Yeah I was going through all of your old posts..... Riiiiiight now who's vain?

Exactly what was the context? This guy happened to find metal shavings in his transmission fluid and your comment is to have the guy commit insurance fraud. Yeah even as a joke I'm sure that was very constructive to the conversation, and made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Hey how about the next time you have a problem that could potentially cost several thousands of dollars to fix, I lob a couple jokes in your direction.

Rude, vain, *****, keep them coming. I seriously find it entertaining that all the stuff you call me is really more of a reflection of yourself.

Glad you're in school, maybe you'll learn something. Go read a book.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Did I just see e1000 open a can of Hadouken??

Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
It's all Matt's fault. Blame the Liberals!!!

Old 01-21-2011, 12:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
Wow, all I can say is wow... You guys sound like my kids.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 C350 Sport 6MT
Originally Posted by mskembo
Wow, all I can say is wow... You guys sound like my kids.

Yup, everyone says I'm immature for a 34 year old....I blame it on video games. Huge cause of violence and immaturity.

I'm trying to mature up and recently started working....computer repair!!!
I have great rates on computer repair....PM me.

Last edited by W203E35; 02-07-2011 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
2010 Mercedes-Benz E350
We are all immature for our ages, isn't that why we spend time on this forum when we are supposed to be working? BTW, that's a great mullet, now I know why you are so popular You should hire Bob, he does good work on computers and plumbing!

I think I saw your shop today...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: facelift w204 c350; 300+hp, 7200rpm redline, anyone know the changes made?