C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Pogijeffrey's W203......

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2011, 02:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 c230 kompressor
Pogijeffrey's W203......

hello everyone, my name is jeff...

its been a while since i've posted anything on this forum... and what got me started again was me trying so desperately to sell my BBS reps only because i was just feelin the way it looked on my car...

And i'm telling u this, i went through 4 different sets of rims since i had this car.... and i'm about to tell u how it all started...

My first mercedes and bone STOCK 2005 c230 and purchased used. reason why i went with this and not the 2007 is because of the gas mileage getting almost 30 miles to a gallon. The 2005 was perfect having the engine i was looking for (KOMPRESSOR) along with the updated interior and exterior (AMG look)... This ride needed rims badly

My first set of rims were Brabus Reps, but the more aggressive look with a deeper lip on the rear...

and now it needed to be dropped... so i went with H&R sport springs with one full coil cut on the front...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

After 2 years or so with no problems, i run over a meteor on the 210 freeway during night time, damaging two rims on the right hand side, front and back... FAIL!!! so i called the same shop where i had purchased them and DAMN!, they tell me that they are DISCONTINUED... so i went on craigslist to hope and find the same look so i could avoid having to buy a whole new set rims... but unfortunately no luck... But i did find another set of Brabus style rims but not as aggressive as my old ones... Well, bought them anyway at a hell of good price...

They still look good though and slightly different. you will notice that theres not much of a curve on the rears not having a deeper lip like the old ones i had... I then also purchased a carbon fiber lip from Eurotek, and that added that finishing touch to the ride...

Couple months later, i then purchased a set of Koni yellows to go with my springs, because my stock struts were all shot...

but to be honest, i should of went with coilovers. i just want to go lower...

One year later after purchasing my second set of rims, i f@#$ up again... this time i ran over a pot hole which ate up the lip of not 1, but 2 of the rims on the right hand side... FAIL!!! AGAIN! what to do. what to do... Surely did not want to go with the same set of rims again.. So I decided to get a totally different style set of rims. I met this guy from craigslist who were selling BBS lm reps... i was like hell yeah...

But to tell u the truth, I wasnt feelin it at all... Dont get me wrong the rims look great, but the color of the rims just didnt fit well with my white c... It wasnt too appealing for my eyes. so i decided to sell em.. Anyways these rims found a new home on NATE's ride.

now that looks way better!!!

after selling the rims, i decided to take my car to the body shop for cosmetic repairs... I had a few dings here and there, the paint on the front end was badly chipping off, my car was lookin a little yellow.. lol So yeah i had the car resprayed with having to use the money i received from a little hit and run that happened not too long ago... just waiting for the right time and that was waiting to sell the rims... finally got it back from the shop and now its looking clean, with the carbon fiber lip also resprayed with clear... i then purchased a a carbon fiber trunk spoiler from Gary... and installed it right after with no problems at all. great fit... i also picked up a new set of rims from my good friend peter... not as aggressive but smooth looking i may say... i also purchased a set of 5mm spacers on ebay for my rears... i like my rears to stick out or totally flushed with the fender...

next up are coilovers... still undecided though... dont really want to spend alot... and if i do get coilovers, i would need to be able to adjust the dampening...

Looks great!!! But this car has over 130,000 miles (all hwy miles) on it and good thing its still running strong (knock on wood)... this week i'll be doing major maintenance to my car... just waiting for the parts to arrive... thermostat and coolant replacement(engine light is on); complete transmission service; fuel filter, spark plug and air filter replacement so far...

***should there be anything else i would need to service on my car while i have the money to do it??? over 130,000 now...*** i'm able to do all this thanks to my tax return ...

and i've been having this little problem for quite a while where my car slightly vibrates at high speed... u could feel it on the steering wheel. not as bad when i replace my tires, but u could still feel it... i've read a couple of threads regarding the same issue. its always something different that i read...

Last edited by pogijeffrey; 03-14-2011 at 04:33 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 03:08 AM

'05 c230 Kompressor SS Mistress
Nice clean ride man
wish i could pick up rims that quick hahahha
Very nice keep up the mods
Old 03-14-2011, 03:19 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
damn jeff!! C L E A N!!!!! The wheels look great man, and i love the CF trunk spoiler going with the white.. it really stands out, and with the CF front lip.. the car looks sex bro. The wheels you got look pretty sick, i like the lip on that, what's the specs on the wheels?? Im heading back to HMS tomorrow to get my lip installed and have them drop it a tad more!! Keep it fresh bro!
Old 03-14-2011, 04:20 AM

05 c230 kompressor
Originally Posted by NewtoN13
damn jeff!! C L E A N!!!!! The wheels look great man, and i love the CF trunk spoiler going with the white.. it really stands out, and with the CF front lip.. the car looks sex bro. The wheels you got look pretty sick, i like the lip on that, what's the specs on the wheels?? Im heading back to HMS tomorrow to get my lip installed and have them drop it a tad more!! Keep it fresh bro!
u too bro... ur ride looks hella clean now that its dropped... hey, i'll be in walnut april 2 for my cuzin's baby shower. lets meet up...
another thing.. before u tinited ur car, did it have that factory blue tint? i want to tint my ride, but some tint shops say i have to get a special film just so that it doesnt look green in the sunlight if i get regular tint... just want to know if thats true...

Last edited by pogijeffrey; 03-14-2011 at 04:23 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 07:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
nice set of current wheels... what kind/size are they?
Old 03-14-2011, 07:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
Your ride looks very nice man, keep it up!

I'm having the same problem with the steering wheel vibrating when I get to about 55-60 mph. It started when I put these new rims on. I think it's because I have 10mm spacers in the front to clear the brake calipers and they are not hubcentric. I'm getting a set of eibach hubcentrics and am hoping it will take care of the problem. I tried everything, got my tires all balanced, alignment done, so this has to be it...unless one of the rims is bent, but I don't think they are. I will let you know if this solves my problem.

I think you said you had 5mm spacers on the back? That's probably your issue then if they're not hubcentric 'cause the back wheels have a much smaller hub, therefore if the wheel isn't sitting on the hub, it will vibrate. I had spacers on the rear wheels when I first put these on because the lugs were too big and hitting the parking brake, and the vibration was REALLY BAD then. I cut an 1/8" off the lugs to make it work and removed the spacers and it was much better, but still feeling it a bit in the front.

Sorry to write a novel, lol, I hope this helps you out.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:00 AM

c200k
I'd take the spoiler off. Doesn't work with the curves of the car, and TBH, looks trashy. The trunk incorporates aerodynamics that would be used on the Autobahn (like I do), and a spoiler isn't needed there, especially for 65mph.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
^Did anyone else think that was a ******** response?^ No need to be so cocky just 'cause you live somewhere that you're legally allowed to go that fast. Plus, do you really think us car guys actually stay below the speed limit here? Just 'cause it's illegal doesn't mean people don't do it.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:16 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
nice and clean bro!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:19 AM

c200k
Originally Posted by C230 Mulac
^Did anyone else think that was a ******** response?^ No need to be so cocky just 'cause you live somewhere that you're legally allowed to go that fast. Plus, do you really think us car guys actually stay below the speed limit here? Just 'cause it's illegal doesn't mean people don't do it.
I've seen worse responses, and if you're too sensitive to handle criticism put constructively and respectively, then you should turn the internet off. The internet does not call out to you. You elect to see what you want in words not directed to you, with the hopes others join in, after you elect to open and read threads using your own free will. In fact, I've seen the same things being said in other threads, as opinions are not suppressable, are they? No one started dirtying their diapers in other threads, when such words were offered more offensively than mine.

And your second portion about "really thinking you car guys stay below the limit" is equally silly. Like that's something to be proud of? Just because people do it, doesn't make it right. Speeding with a 4000 pound car is a responsibility. Get up to those speeds for more than a couple seconds before braking, and you will see just that.

Last edited by sknight; 03-14-2011 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:22 PM

05 c230 kompressor
Your ride looks very nice man, keep it up!

I'm having the same problem with the steering wheel vibrating when I get to about 55-60 mph. It started when I put these new rims on. I think it's because I have 10mm spacers in the front to clear the brake calipers and they are not hubcentric. I'm getting a set of eibach hubcentrics and am hoping it will take care of the problem. I tried everything, got my tires all balanced, alignment done, so this has to be it...unless one of the rims is bent, but I don't think they are. I will let you know if this solves my problem.

I think you said you had 5mm spacers on the back? That's probably your issue then if they're not hubcentric 'cause the back wheels have a much smaller hub, therefore if the wheel isn't sitting on the hub, it will vibrate. I had spacers on the rear wheels when I first put these on because the lugs were too big and hitting the parking brake, and the vibration was REALLY BAD then. I cut an 1/8" off the lugs to make it work and removed the spacers and it was much better, but still feeling it a bit in the front.

Sorry to write a novel, lol, I hope this helps you out.
bro i tried everything... even without the spacers.. i'm gonna try to rebalance my wheels... even when i drove with my stock wheels for a while.. i could feel it vibrate a little, but barely, but u could still feel it on the steering wheel... just cant figure out what it is...
Old 03-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 20 Likes on 7 Posts
w203 m112
Strong work Pogi! I was wondering why you didnt have a thread dedicated to your car! Your ride height looks awesome - I always thought it was roughly perfect, but didnt know you had a coil cut off the front - still look awesome imo :P
Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 PM

05 c230 kompressor
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Strong work Pogi! I was wondering why you didnt have a thread dedicated to your car! Your ride height looks awesome - I always thought it was roughly perfect, but didnt know you had a coil cut off the front - still look awesome imo :P
thanks TRU...
Old 03-14-2011, 04:22 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
CLK55 AMG, SL55 AMG, C55 AMG
I think your current rims look excellent.

Something a little different than the normal aftermarket rims for these cars.

They really add to the look of the car, and the white paint sets them off even more.

You have a nice ride.
Old 03-14-2011, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by sknight
I've seen worse responses, and if you're too sensitive to handle criticism put constructively and respectively, then you should turn the internet off. The internet does not call out to you. You elect to see what you want in words not directed to you, with the hopes others join in, after you elect to open and read threads using your own free will. In fact, I've seen the same things being said in other threads, as opinions are not suppressable, are they? No one started dirtying their diapers in other threads, when such words were offered more offensively than mine.

And your second portion about "really thinking you car guys stay below the limit" is equally silly. Like that's something to be proud of? Just because people do it, doesn't make it right. Speeding with a 4000 pound car is a responsibility. Get up to those speeds for more than a couple seconds before braking, and you will see just that.
Obviously you missed the point. Everyone has a right to their opinion, I was just saying that it's not necessary to be a sarcastic a**hole about it. I mean, the man likes his car the way it looks. You can respectfully disagree, but calling his car "trashy" isn't very respectful. That's all I was saying man, just keep it friendly.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue and ruin pogi's thread so...

Pogi, your car looks great no matter what anyone says. I like your style
Old 03-14-2011, 08:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
what up Jeff, car looks good man. I always liked Peter's wheels and they look great on your car too!
Old 03-14-2011, 08:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2013 ML350
Hotness. Tight Sedan ! Big thumbs up from me.

Best, Greg
Old 03-14-2011, 10:50 PM

2003 c240
Steering wheel vibration could be due to bad control arm bushings. I had terrible shakes until i replaced them.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CL203
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
what up Jeff, car looks good man. I always liked Peter's wheels and they look great on your car too!
What wheels are they?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
Rays Lexion 503, I think...
Old 03-15-2011, 01:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aston Martin V8 Vantage
Originally Posted by sknight

Sir with all due respect, the last thing we need on this forum is for you to rant on to other members about their personal opinions. I could argue with you about how some of the things you said aren't true (our cars are much less than 4,000 pounds) but there are signs posted all over the place that say "don't feed the troll"
Old 03-15-2011, 01:50 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by pogijeffrey
u too bro... ur ride looks hella clean now that its dropped... hey, i'll be in walnut april 2 for my cuzin's baby shower. lets meet up...
another thing.. before u tinited ur car, did it have that factory blue tint? i want to tint my ride, but some tint shops say i have to get a special film just so that it doesnt look green in the sunlight if i get regular tint... just want to know if thats true...
yeah before i tinted it, the windows looked like a light shade of blue to it.. Im not too sure about this special film.. I forgot what kinda tint i had put on my car but it doesnt look green...

And about the 2nd, i gotta check bro, my sched doesnt come out until a week or two so ill let you know! Im down though if im off.. btw, i went back to HMS and they slammed my car as low as they could go.. no more wheel gap.. its prettttyyy low... when i throw on the lip its gonna look even lower! maybe like an inch or 2 clearance..
Old 03-15-2011, 02:04 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
looks good as usual
Old 03-15-2011, 03:03 AM

05 c230 kompressor
Obviously you missed the point. Everyone has a right to their opinion, I was just saying that it's not necessary to be a sarcastic a**hole about it. I mean, the man likes his car the way it looks. You can respectfully disagree, but calling his car "trashy" isn't very respectful. That's all I was saying man, just keep it friendly.

Anyway, I'm not trying to argue and ruin pogi's thread so...

Pogi, your car looks great no matter what anyone says. I like your style
thanks alot bro.. i appreciate it.. yeah i saw that earlier and just brushed him off. didnt want to waste my time with that fool...
Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 AM

05 c230 kompressor
Originally Posted by NewtoN13
yeah before i tinted it, the windows looked like a light shade of blue to it.. Im not too sure about this special film.. I forgot what kinda tint i had put on my car but it doesnt look green...

And about the 2nd, i gotta check bro, my sched doesnt come out until a week or two so ill let you know! Im down though if im off.. btw, i went back to HMS and they slammed my car as low as they could go.. no more wheel gap.. its prettttyyy low... when i throw on the lip its gonna look even lower! maybe like an inch or 2 clearance..
i'll check out ur thread to see if u posted the pics already..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pogijeffrey's W203......