C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

My C230k Coupe Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 04:21 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Coupe Silver
Here are some pictures.. sorry they are so cropped... damn iphone and it's high resolution camera... had to crop it to meet the required sizes
Attached Thumbnails My C230k Coupe Project-img_3987.jpg   My C230k Coupe Project-img_4225.jpg   My C230k Coupe Project-img_4226.jpg   My C230k Coupe Project-img_4227.jpg  
Old 01-25-2012, 04:35 AM

2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Jerkin
P.S. I was doing research earlier.. Didnt people say the interloper didn't really do anything? But either way if you decide to do it. Let me know, I'll be on board with it anyways just to keep the car cooler

I like to stay cool haha
Hi Jerkin,

So yea, I got the idea over at benzworld.org when someone did a turbo set up for the M111 engine that we have. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170...urbo-m111.html so there's no question that the engine have more potential...

Right now my mech is looking at stand alone system for engine management. He says it will take a week or two to figure it out(but i doubt since no one has manage to do one yet) However, I've been contacting a lot of german performance shop in SoCal and gotten some replies back as to tuning the ECU. I'm leaning towards ecutuninggroupe.com since they have done it before and has a dyno sheet to prove it. http://ecutuninggroup.com/galleries/dyno-sheets they also carry some pulleys so I might end up going to them instead.

It is agreed that a intercooler won't help much in terms of power gain. But given the weather here in Socal, I really feel a difference in engine response when its cold verses in summer heat. But the guys over at ecutuninggroup did mention possible intake upgrade for more air. Now that I think is something to look into.

i'll keep you guys updated when I decide what to do
Old 01-25-2012, 01:38 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Originally Posted by gundam266
Hi Jerkin,

So yea, I got the idea over at benzworld.org when someone did a turbo set up for the M111 engine that we have. http://www.benzworld.org/forums/r170...urbo-m111.html so there's no question that the engine have more potential...

Right now my mech is looking at stand alone system for engine management. He says it will take a week or two to figure it out(but i doubt since no one has manage to do one yet) However, I've been contacting a lot of german performance shop in SoCal and gotten some replies back as to tuning the ECU. I'm leaning towards ecutuninggroupe.com since they have done it before and has a dyno sheet to prove it. http://ecutuninggroup.com/galleries/dyno-sheets they also carry some pulleys so I might end up going to them instead.

It is agreed that a intercooler won't help much in terms of power gain. But given the weather here in Socal, I really feel a difference in engine response when its cold verses in summer heat. But the guys over at ecutuninggroup did mention possible intake upgrade for more air. Now that I think is something to look into.

i'll keep you guys updated when I decide what to do
I believe of the interloper doesn't it hurt it, than it can only benefit it during times of traffic where I see my engine get hotter. So overall I think it's a good idea. For pulley's I might wait off on that for a while since I just recently got mine and am in no rush to changing it after the hassle of putting it on... Right Todd? Haha but an upgrade for the intake system? Do tell!
Old 01-25-2012, 02:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Car's looking really good. I don't want to name names, but someone here needs a front lip.

Any plans for one?
Old 01-25-2012, 02:26 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Originally Posted by tommy
Car's looking really good. I don't want to name names, but someone here needs a front lip.

Any plans for one?
Haha I know I know ::slap myself:: hoping to get new rims first or even buy it as soon as opportunity comes haha. Someone is selling it, but he's not replying to my request of only the front since I don't want the rear Brabus lip, not a fan haha
Old 01-26-2012, 03:01 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
More Pics

Some more pics, just got a new sticker.. just thought of a better sticker so i'm going to be removing those three to put on across the driver side.. same color p.s. selling two wii's for 100 bucks each hehe and those are the seats that are in my car
Attached Thumbnails My C230k Coupe Project-img_4571.jpg   My C230k Coupe Project-img_4575.jpg   My C230k Coupe Project-cpa1013fbkgy.jpg   My C230k Coupe Project-bi7831.jpg  
Old 01-26-2012, 03:23 AM

2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
Some more pics, just got a new sticker.. just thought of a better sticker so i'm going to be removing those three to put on across the driver side.. same color p.s. selling two wii's for 100 bucks each hehe and those are the seats that are in my car
WOA!! I gotta get myself them bucket seats... but im hesitating because I don't want my butt in pain everytime I drive ~ I like the convenient feature when the seat and steering wheel moves when getting in and out of the car~ but no lateral support on the track sucks
Old 01-26-2012, 04:05 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
WOA!! I gotta get myself them bucket seats... but im hesitating because I don't want my butt in pain everytime I drive ~ I like the convenient feature when the seat and steering wheel moves when getting in and out of the car~ but no lateral support on the track sucks
wtf?! why do does your seat and steering wheel move?!?!!? you lucky as hell.. how come mine dont do that?! lol the seats are so much more comfy though, i gotta say... racing or just daily driving... these seats are so much better supported and strangely have better suspension in the seats without the springs and all that. just need to add some more support to the seats and wrap it in leather

hey gundam? what's your name? i feel weird calling you gundam.. but i was going to ask you how you feel about adding a y shaped dump pipe to the exhaust and getting a electric cut off valve to control the opening of the hole..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTP-10250/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTP-QTEC25/

i just need to look under the car to see if there is enough reasonable room for that addition... i also need to make sure the remus exhaust piping that i have or even the stock exhaust piping is 2.5 inches. that intercooler would be a really cool idea.. heard it was only about $200 ish dollars
Old 01-26-2012, 01:52 PM

2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
wtf?! why do does your seat and steering wheel move?!?!!? you lucky as hell.. how come mine dont do that?! lol the seats are so much more comfy though, i gotta say... racing or just daily driving... these seats are so much better supported and strangely have better suspension in the seats without the springs and all that. just need to add some more support to the seats and wrap it in leather

hey gundam? what's your name? i feel weird calling you gundam.. but i was going to ask you how you feel about adding a y shaped dump pipe to the exhaust and getting a electric cut off valve to control the opening of the hole..
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTP-10250/

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/QTP-QTEC25/

i just need to look under the car to see if there is enough reasonable room for that addition... i also need to make sure the remus exhaust piping that i have or even the stock exhaust piping is 2.5 inches. that intercooler would be a really cool idea.. heard it was only about $200 ish dollars

Well they are motorized seats... part of the convenience package... this was my grandmother's car for 8years before I took over

I really do want a bucket seat but always worry about the comfort...wish I could try one out before I buy...... and yes!! leather is the way to go!! hope to see your result soon!!

Oh right~ call me Thomas then... and do you prefer Jerkin or other name?

HAHAHA~ you came to ask the right person for the cut off valve!!
Let me show you mine then i'll explain where my mistakes are and what should have been done~

OK so what I did is I used Apexi ECV with the "manual" cable. the reason is that electric motors tends to break more often then they should especially in high heat such as socal weather (but i'm guessing norcal should be fine with the exception of snow) the location should be towards the muffler as close as possible to maintain back pressure when you have it open (it was a lot of work getting my flap installed because there is just not that much room anywhere really). That is the only place where we could fit it in and the length is very short...

What I did wrong is I didn't know about the Y pipe so although the noise reduces to silent when I close my flap, but the engine is suffering because it can't breath properly and there's no power what-so-ever. (I only use it when there's passenger and I have to keep checking engine temperature and make sure it's not over heating)

So your set up is the best way to go in my opinion (best of both worlds) The set up should be in this order: supersprint headers are 2" so you might want to up it to 2.5" (i did) then to CO2 sensor> highflow cat.> the other CO2 sensor> resonator(or not)> ECV > muffler

the placement of the ECV you could try where my resonator are, there is sufficient room there. otherwise it would be my current location where its kind of hard because the muffler may be too long and cut room short.

I think just this tuesday someone on this form sold a Renntech intercooler for the W203... >< i missed it... but by the look of the picture it was just a bit thicker thank the original. I'm looking at water cooling instead because it uses less room, only need a water tank(tho we seriously don't have any under the hood) and should be more efficient.

Cheers!!

Last edited by gundam266; 01-26-2012 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2012, 02:22 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Well they are motorized seats... part of the convenience package... this was my grandmother's car for 8years before I took over

I really do want a bucket seat but always worry about the comfort...wish I could try one out before I buy...... and yes!! leather is the way to go!! hope to see your result soon!!

Oh right~ call me Thomas then... and do you prefer Jerkin or other name?

HAHAHA~ you came to ask the right person for the cut off valve!!
Let me show you mine then i'll explain where my mistakes are and what should have been done~

OK so what I did is I used Apexi ECV with the "manual" cable. the reason is that electric motors tends to break more often then they should especially in high heat such as socal weather (but i'm guessing norcal should be fine with the exception of snow) the location should be towards the muffler as close as possible to maintain back pressure when you have it open (it was a lot of work getting my flap installed because there is just not that much room anywhere really). That is the only place where we could fit it in and the length is very short...

What I did wrong is I didn't know about the Y pipe so although the noise reduces to silent when I close my flap, but the engine is suffering because it can't breath properly and there's no power what-so-ever. (I only use it when there's passenger and I have to keep checking engine temperature and make sure it's not over heating)

So your set up is the best way to go in my opinion (best of both worlds) The set up should be in this order: supersprint headers are 2" so you might want to up it to 2.5" (i did) then to CO2 sensor> highflow cat.> the other CO2 sensor> resonator(or not)> ECV > muffler

the placement of the ECV you could try where my resonator are, there is sufficient room there. otherwise it would be my current location where its kind of hard because the muffler may be too long and cut room short.

I think just this tuesday someone on this form sold a Renntech intercooler for the W203... >< i missed it... but by the look of the picture it was just a bit thicker thank the original. I'm looking at water cooling instead because it uses less room, only need a water tank(tho we seriously don't have any under the hood) and should be more efficient.

Cheers!!
How do you control the apexi cable? And it's not too much of a hassle to install the cable? I mainly wanted to do a electric for the same reason but it seams like it would be easier to control, I heard QTP is pretty good so I'm hoping not to worry about the motor, but id probably want just a regular one where I can crawl under the car and adjust it to the perfect noise and just leave it there laugh out loud.
I wish I had some super sprint headers...
But I can't figure out if the Remus exhaust I have on here is currently 2.5" even if the headers are 2"
Old 01-26-2012, 02:40 PM

C230 Coupe Silver

Old 01-26-2012, 02:45 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
P.s.

Got that trunk trim painted black ... Might vinyl it black if I don't appreciate my paint job in the future haha. But I hid my brake light cover now I can't find it!
Old 01-26-2012, 02:46 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Sorry guys.. Just got a photo bucket and made posting pics a snap haha
Old 01-26-2012, 02:53 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-670136

Hey Thomas, just read the description and it says to put the cut off after the headers to relieve back pressure. I like the after resonator idea though. I'm mainly confused because it says 2.5 inch diameter of the inside but it can fit 2.5 inch outside so like..... Do I need even a smaller cut off for the outside diameter to be 2.5?
Old 01-26-2012, 06:20 PM

2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
http://m.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-670136

Hey Thomas, just read the description and it says to put the cut off after the headers to relieve back pressure. I like the after resonator idea though. I'm mainly confused because it says 2.5 inch diameter of the inside but it can fit 2.5 inch outside so like..... Do I need even a smaller cut off for the outside diameter to be 2.5?
The cable pulls to close and push to open, spring operated, simple and effective. It's a hassle welding it on the exhaust pipe, the switch itself wasn't bad. It was painful because I have to drill a whole on the floor pan, other than that the switch is easy.

I think other members has better idea on the remus exhaust, I don't want to answer something that I don't fully understand but as long as it fits... I don't think you need to worry too mcuh about it however I think having the ability to control it while driving is very important (cruising 80+ above 3krpm with open exhaust become agonizing after awhile)

hmm... good point. I read the description and now i'm puzzled. mine was a flange type converted to a tube type so it fits inside the 2.5" diameter. This one I presume is the same deal which fits inside the 2.5" since it says clamped or welded (make sense because if it was outside it might slide off if it becomes loose).
Old 01-26-2012, 06:29 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
The cable pulls to close and push to open, spring operated, simple and effective. It's a hassle welding it on the exhaust pipe, the switch itself wasn't bad. It was painful because I have to drill a whole on the floor pan, other than that the switch is easy.

I think other members has better idea on the remus exhaust, I don't want to answer something that I don't fully understand but as long as it fits... I don't think you need to worry too mcuh about it however I think having the ability to control it while driving is very important (cruising 80+ above 3krpm with open exhaust become agonizing after awhile)

hmm... good point. I read the description and now i'm puzzled. mine was a flange type converted to a tube type so it fits inside the 2.5" diameter. This one I presume is the same deal which fits inside the 2.5" since it says clamped or welded (make sense because if it was outside it might slide off if it becomes loose).
I'll figure it out once I get around to it, should be simple laugh out loud. But the guy at summit racing told me to put it after the cat, after the second sensor because thats the point of it, to avoid the resonator and bs. (talking about the dump pipe) I'm more curious as to why my car is running sluggish today... Maybe because of the heat?
Old 01-26-2012, 07:23 PM

2005 CLK55 AMG Coupe
I'll figure it out once I get around to it, should be simple laugh out loud. But the guy at summit racing told me to put it after the cat, after the second sensor because thats the point of it, to avoid the resonator and bs. (talking about the dump pipe) I'm more curious as to why my car is running sluggish today... Maybe because of the heat?
LOL~ There is a system out the that builts the "dump pipe" directly in the muffler. its some what like the Porsche active exhaust, basically two routes in the muffler, but that has yet to hit the open market.

63F shouldn't be sluggish, the oil(or is it water?) temp is a tiny bit higher than mine when its around 63F... or maybe cuz I live close to sea level

but man this engine really respond when its under 60F out side... the sound becomes more crisp and sensitive to throttle input...
Old 01-26-2012, 08:12 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
I temporarily added some water until I get some coolant so that might be the cause of why my car was warmig up into te higher ends, after I took the picture nd re-attached my trunk panel, it ran better laugh out loud. + 3 hp all day!
Old 01-27-2012, 10:06 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Aww man!

I was almost done! But then the higher part wouldn't stick for some damn reason.. So I gave up haha. And now the right panel wont go back in without scratching up the power armrest dash part that it already tore up once :'(
Old 01-27-2012, 10:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
Whoa. . . when did you get bix? I think these are the first ever pics ive seen of your coupe! Looking good Max
Old 01-27-2012, 10:57 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Originally Posted by CoupeCrazy03
Whoa. . . when did you get bix? I think these are the first ever pics ive seen of your coupe! Looking good Max
Thank you very much. Now if only I didn't have 40 bucks left in my checking account, then I could get the other stuff I mentioned haha. Definitely a lot more updates coming tomorrow alone
Old 01-27-2012, 11:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 C230 Kompressor Coupe, 2003 E320, 2003 Chevy Corvette Z06
Thank you very much. Now if only I didn't have 40 bucks left in my checking account, then I could get the other stuff I mentioned haha. Definitely a lot more updates coming tomorrow alone
Damn dood. . . whats coming tomorrow? Baller
Old 01-27-2012, 11:18 PM

C230 Coupe Silver
Originally Posted by CoupeCrazy03
Damn dood. . . whats coming tomorrow? Baller
Supposed to drive down to Santa Cruz to build a wooden PUK box for my sub since I can't figure out a nice way of fitting it after removing the driver side rear seats. An try to build a wooden trunk while I'm at it. Got my blue tint for my clear fogs, just put one sheet of the film on without the soapy water.. So gotta re-do it tomorrow. And hopefully get those on tomorrow. And I really want that QTP cut off valve + dump pipe
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
P.S. Selling my frosty headlights, fog lights, and tail lights and oem sways and front c32 sway bar
Old 01-28-2012, 12:00 AM

C230 Coupe Silver
Oh and my 6 cd changer

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: My C230k Coupe Project