C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Mulac's c230 Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-21-2012, 01:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
12 E350 4Matic Sport
Damn dude! Pains me to see her all smashed up like that but glad you're OK and on to bigger and better things. Looking forward to tracking your C55 progress.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
Originally Posted by TruTaing
Sorry to see. Glad that German engineering did its job - a 50mph crash vs a stationary vehicle is no joke. Who hit who?
I hit them, but what happened was, these 4 guys (at 3:30am so obviously drunk) were on GW Parkway, which is a highway, speed limit 50 mph in the DC area. So they told us and the officer that 2 of the passengers were feeling sick and had to puke so they pulled over to let them throw up (i.e. they were wasted, right?). So instead of pulling off of the road, they stopped in the right lane of the highway and put the car in park with no flashers or anything, and it was a sharp right turn with a tree line next to the road so a blind corner. I come rolling around the corner and had no time to react, tried to get in the left lane but it was just a split second and BAM! right into the back of their car and spun their car around 180 degrees, which is why we ended up facing each other and slid off onto the grass on the right side of the road. So the cop showed up and we gave him our info and everything and yelled at the other guy for stopping around the blind corner. The other guy got a ticket, my friend came to pick me and my friend up. I asked the officer if we were good to go and he said yeah but he would have to stay back and talk to the other driver, whom he gave a ticket of some sort and I am assuming a sobriety test after I left. The kid in the backseat behind the driver got smashed forward into the driver's seat and broke his leg. He left in an ambulance.

But yes, the whole front end absorbed most of the impact. I had a little bit of a headache the next day and my left knee was a little bruised, I think I smacked the dash a little bit, but otherwise I was fine. The interior cabin of the car was totally unharmed except the air bags popping out. Amazing how safe MB's are.

I'm just happy my passenger and I are OK because it could have been much worse at that magnitude of impact!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1999 E320 4matic Wagon, 2005 C55 AMG - sold, 1998 VW Jetta TDI - sold, 2006 C230 Sport - Totaled :(
Originally Posted by Peydidy
Wow that looks like a crazy accident, sorry to hear about your car loss. Glad your okay, now you can focus on the C55 more with all that insurance money
Yessir, I've got a laundry list planned out for the C55 already, can't wait to get going on it!

First thing I'm going to do is get a Bilstein racing suspension for it. Eventually, I'll get myself a nice exhaust system, don't know which one yet. I've already done an ECU tune and will get it redone at a later date after some more mods.

Cosmetically, I've got to get the windows re-tinted and a new paint job because whoever had it before had a ****ty *** tint job done and the paint is in bad shape. But hey, when you guy a car that's blue book $21k for $14k, there's got to be a reason, which in this case was the cosmetics. I didn't really mind because I figured I'd drop a couple grand into it and still be less than the value.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:46 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 S55 AMG
I totally agree!
Old 02-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2001 S55 AMG
Guttentag!

Originally Posted by Crna Mechka
Nice whip Mulac, and bonus props on having a German-made MB, nothing like it

Think I'm at a bit of a disagreement with the majority of ya'll though on the color preferences though.

I don't mind white on a Benz, but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. I feel like that color belongs on a BMW because BMW's are considered to be (at least IMO) more sporty or flashy, thus the white color suits them. Benzos are more presidential, luxurious type rides, so black or nothing for me (limo-style).

I might be a bit biased though, after all, I got one in black
Lol... you are not the only one that has those same feelings!