C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203 2007 Centre arm rest removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2011, 08:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 220 sports coupe
W203 2007 Centre arm rest removal

I've just fitted a AUX connector to the back of my AUDIO 20.
Whilst things are apart I would like to run the lead into the centre arm rest.
I'm also going to install a USB power socket in there to keep my MP3 player charged.
To do this I will need to drill a few holes in the inside of the arm rest.
Can anybody tell me how to remove it?
Old 09-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
I did a thread on the swap of the 2002 armrest to the one you have that might be helpful.

But, in short, get a thin-blade screwdriver, and wedge it in the back by the piano hinge. It'll give eventually.

However, you should be able to do the drilling with the armrest in place, I'd imagine. You would have to remove the ashtray and the ciggy lighter to feed the wiring through that area, unless you feed the wiring along the center tunnel between the plastic and carpeting, then bring it through to near the ashtray area, around the shifter tunnel underneath the trim, and then to the armrest.

Once you take off the trim piece (the console trim that goes from the armrest to the console column with the radio and hvac), your options will be pretty easy to understand. If you haven't done it, open your ashtray, and lift on the front of that piece; it'll lift off in front, then just pull it slightly forward to get it from under the armrest.
Old 11-05-2011, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Coupe Silver
Originally Posted by tommy
I did a thread on the swap of the 2002 armrest to the one you have that might be helpful.

But, in short, get a thin-blade screwdriver, and wedge it in the back by the piano hinge. It'll give eventually.

However, you should be able to do the drilling with the armrest in place, I'd imagine. You would have to remove the ashtray and the ciggy lighter to feed the wiring through that area, unless you feed the wiring along the center tunnel between the plastic and carpeting, then bring it through to near the ashtray area, around the shifter tunnel underneath the trim, and then to the armrest.

Once you take off the trim piece (the console trim that goes from the armrest to the console column with the radio and hvac), your options will be pretty easy to understand. If you haven't done it, open your ashtray, and lift on the front of that piece; it'll lift off in front, then just pull it slightly forward to get it from under the armrest.
how do you remove the ciggy lighter area? because i'm trying to run it under the armrest... but that is defnititely blocking me lol
Old 11-06-2011, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 220 sports coupe
Originally Posted by Jerkin
how do you remove the ciggy lighter area? because i'm trying to run it under the armrest... but that is defnititely blocking me lol
The instructions I used are here.
I couldn't get the armrest out. I drilled it and pushed the wires through.
I now have a AUX plug and a USB charging socket in the arm rest
Old 11-06-2011, 10:29 AM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
Great - you found it