C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Blue front window on the sport??

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-12-2001, 02:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S210 E320 4MATIC

We own a Sport and had the windsheild replaced because of a huge crack we got in it.

They replaced the window with a clear one and we can't remember if this is correct or not.

Can anyone in Canada or the US tell me if it is supposed to be blue or clear. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:41 PM
Super Moderator

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2003 CL55 AMG
Tint

I believe the factory tint is blue...
Old 11-12-2001, 02:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The picture of a Sport in the C-class brouchure shows the windshield with the blue tint.
Old 11-12-2001, 02:46 PM

S210 E320 4MATIC
Unhappy I looked at the brochere

I looked at the brochere too. What I really need is for someone to go out and look at their car.

Thanks for the quick responses though.
Old 05-26-2003, 02:12 AM

05 E500
Blue front window

It seems others (unless I'm misreading your posting) are neglecting your actual inquiry, at least specifically.

Your question was whether the "front winshield" is supposed to be blue. My response is no. The other glass on all other windows is indeed blue, but not the winsheild.

Our new sport sedan had the factory blue tinting as well. We had the dealer apply even further blue tinting. It looks fanatastic and is by-and-large the most distinctive and accolade-triggering characteristic on the car, despite the full array of visual options.

I took another good look at our winshield. It is not tinted blue. Perhaps ours was the exception to the rule, or the other responders missed your specific question, respectfully.

This said, I was considering going back for blue tinting on the winshield too, although I realize it cannot (and should not) be nearly as dark as the other windows.

Christopher
Old 05-26-2003, 03:54 AM

'03 c320wz
beautiful car but hey whats the badges on the side of your car???
Old 05-26-2003, 05:42 AM

05 E500
Side Badges

Thanks. These were digital photos take about a week or so ago from a friend with a handy camera at a clubhouse tennis court parking lot. There have been some upgrades since. I will be loading in more current photos real soon.

The emblems say Kompressor on the side panel. This car was a special order. It has a few special unique items on it.

Christopher
Old 05-26-2003, 07:00 AM

does that blue tinting offer any uv protection or is it just for show?
Old 05-26-2003, 01:00 PM
Almost a Member!

2002 C320 Sport *SOLD*, 2006 BMW 325i
I have a 2002 C320 sprt and I also wondered about the blue windshield. I was washing my car after I got my windows tinted, and I noticed the blue windshield. I also noticed this when it rains. So, in my cass, yes I have a blue winshield.
Old 05-27-2003, 09:53 PM

2003 C230K Sedan
Yes it comes with Blue tinted window with my 2003 C230K Sport Sedan.
Old 05-28-2003, 12:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c2jones what "special" options do you have? it's not a C230K GUARD edition, is it?

the blue tint does stand out more on your car. How did the dealer "apply more" tint to it?
Old 05-28-2003, 01:17 AM

05 E500
Blue Tint

The tinting on this car was installed by an affiliated tinting company that cooridinates its warranty with that of the dealers.' Everything was done at the dealer and inspected prior to sale.

Since the general glass was already blue, and we wanted more tinting, my advertising/commercial graphics background had me go with further blue tinting. It correlates so well, and the rate of professional workmanship so expertly done, that the glass appears a darker shade of blue. I have had the car at several auto club meets, including a couple MBCA events. The tinting is the visual gem aspect of the car. No other C-Class attracts as much attention, and all for a simple choice of winting tinting.

The company that did the work is listed in our manual storage package, which is in the car. It is pouring rain, or I would look and post this here. I'll do this tomorrow, probably.

As far as the "special order" element, the car has tele-aid and other options most C-Class purchasers do not spring for. This had to be ordered special because most dealerships do not get C-Class vehicles with tele-aid installed from the factory. We also had mudgaurds and some other minor options included as well, prior to sale. This keeps the car much cleaner as these gaurds are highly effective.

Christopher
Old 05-28-2003, 01:33 AM

05 E500
Windshield blue tinting

Additionally, for the life of me, I do not see the blue tinting on the windshield that many of you are reporting. The general side and rear window factory blue glass coloring; yes, but not the actual windshield.

I will take a closer look and visit the dealership to confirm this. I hope my car wasn't shipped with an erroneous omission of the factory glass which has now been covered by the other tinting. I don't think this is the case, though. Perhaps the other tinting is so dark, that one has to look especially close to find the blue colorization of my windshield. Probably not.

Perhaps I should also phone MBUSA to get the actual part number of the windshield glass and its coloring code to confirm that the car should or shouldn’t have come this way. Perhaps they were not all the same. My car was built in late April and shipped from Stuttgart to Jacksonville, Florida, then trucked to Fort Lauderdale.

I’ll confirm some things tomorrow.

Christopher
Old 05-29-2003, 12:58 AM

C230
My glass came with the MB blue 5% tint on the windows but not the windshield.
Old 05-29-2003, 01:39 AM

Mine appears to have a blue tinted winshield as well. While driving I rolled the window down a bit and there was a noticable difference. Once I did this I could see that the winshield looks like the side windows. I've have a closer look tomorrow am and try to take a pic.
Old 05-29-2003, 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
Originally posted by R4ND0M_AX3
My glass came with the MB blue 5% tint on the windows but not the windshield.
Do you mean 95% tint? I kind of doubt you have a blue tint that only allows 5% of light through. :p
Old 05-29-2003, 09:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Re: Blue Tint

Originally posted by c2jones
As far as the "special order" element
Well, if that's the criteria, then everyone who orders their car has a "special order". Using that terminology gives the impression of a Designo-edition car, FYI, and not a car that was simply orderd to your liking.

Not ragging on you, but thought that I'd clear that up. I really like that blue tint on your car - was wondering about adding something similar to my ccoupe.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:31 AM

C230
Originally posted by session
Do you mean 95% tint? I kind of doubt you have a blue tint that only allows 5% of light through. :p
Tint is usually expressed as a percentage of visable light transmission (%VLT). I said 5% because that's how I found it somewhere. It was expressed as a percentage of visable light reduction.

So it's 5% VLR and 95% VLT.
Old 05-29-2003, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Chris, pls share your contact on the extra blue tinting
Old 05-29-2003, 04:51 PM

2003 C320 Sport Sedan

The windshield on my silver 320 Sport definitely has a blue tint to it. I've already had to replace it after only 1500 miles and didn't trust what kind of windshield my insurance company would supply. I brought the car back to the MB dealer to get a factory tinted windshield installed. I took a $100 hit this way, but I think that it was worth it.
Old 05-29-2003, 06:13 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
ARRRGGGGHHHH just reading through this made me insane. People, when you say windshield it typically mean the front windshield, you know the one with wipers! There is of course a rear windshield as well. Now there are side Windows and on coupe rear quarter panels (sendan have rear windows).

ON SPORT PKG there is blue tinted side windows on sedans (4 of them). Now I dont remember if the rear windshield is tinted as well or not but THE FRONT IS NOT TINTED IN BLUE. Its illegal in the US to tint the front (the WHOLE front that is, you can have the top edge tinted, you may have that).

Also, cjones2, nice looking ride but having mudguards and tel-aid does not make a car special. Heck, i think back in early 2002 models they included tele-aid in every car for FREE and offered 1st month or year of service for free. Now if you opted for one of the designo wood options, navi sys, other MB designer wheels, etc.....yeah that could be special
Old 05-29-2003, 06:34 PM

05 E500
Blue tinting

Attn: pokerface

I have checked my windshield, and there is definitely no blue tinting on the "windshield" itself. On the other glass, yes, but not the windshield.

As far as those of you who are reporting blue tinting on the "windshield" of your C230's, I wonder if this may just be a visual illusion which results from the angle one if looking and the color from the other tinting being reflected onto the windshield?

Either this, or MB manufactured two sets of windshields for their C230 models.

Anyway, the company that perfromed my special tinting from the dealership is a place called "The Tint Shop," of Plantation, Florida. They use premium "LLumar" window film, a product of "CPFilms, Inc." They are out of Martinsville, VA.

The tinting is under warranty for as long as we own the car. The dealership has to complete the paperwork and sign off on the warranty information as it pertains to the contractual agreement between the two.

The actual color is:

"ATR Blue Saphire, Platinum Plus™"
Old 05-29-2003, 06:46 PM

05 E500
Windshield blue tinting

Re: tberry

I echo your frustration about the actuality of the windshield versus the other windows. (BTW, our sedan came with tinting on the rear window - not the front, though.)

As far as your "special" comments. Allow me to clarify this again.

I am not saying that our car is special, only that it was a "special order," and it was.

Indeed, tele-aid was offered before, but is not anymore. Therefore, to have tele-aid now, one has to order the car "special" from Stuttgart.

Regarding the mudgaurds; well, true, but we think they're special. They sure have eliminated the stones from hitting the car. The guards trap a lot of debris, hence confriming their effectiveness. MB had them designed perfectly, directly or indirectly.

Once we have special brakes and other modifications (like RENNtech, etc.), it will be ever more special, at least to us. :p

PS, We may even get to display the car at the "C-Spot Drive Party" event when it comes through our town. The car has been a hit at a few MBCA events thus far. The blue tinting helps the visual effect.

Christopher
Old 05-29-2003, 08:32 PM

2002 C230 Coupe Black/Charcoal C5 C7 Auto
Re: Windshield blue tinting

Originally posted by c2jones
Re: tberry

Regarding the mudgaurds; well, true, but we think they're special. They sure have eliminated the stones from hitting the car. The guards trap a lot of debris, hence confriming their effectiveness. MB had them designed perfectly, directly or indirectly.

Once we have special brakes and other modifications (like RENNtech, etc.), it will be ever more special, at least to us. :p

PS, We may even get to display the car at the "C-Spot Drive Party" event when it comes through our town. The car has been a hit at a few MBCA events thus far. The blue tinting helps the visual effect.

Christopher
Chris, sorry didnt mean to be mean. was just frustrated with ppl. you have a very nice ride. woulda killed for bi-xenons on mine.
Old 05-29-2003, 09:28 PM

Hope this helps

Just took this pic today. It was late, but seeing is believing.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Blue front window on the sport??