C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

bought Philps VisionPlus and BlueVision H7 bulbs and they suck !! if you want them...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-18-2002, 10:56 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toyota Tacoma & Lexus IS250
Angry bought Philps VisionPlus and BlueVision H7 bulbs and they suck !! if you want them...

just pay me for the shipping and you can have these...or they'll be target practice for my son's pellet gun !!!

I can ship for about about $7 so....let me know....

total time on these is about 30 mins.....

WARNING -- they put out Y E L L O W light NOT white/blue as advertised !!!

Old 02-18-2002, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
I posted before that they suck, and are only a slight different from stock. I guess you didnt see that thread. For better lights e-mail me. I know a higher wattage bulb that is doing fine in my car and is pure white. Someone else asked me for them from the previous thread and I am going to get him a set. You can ask for his opinion after I get it to him. By the way Im not a retailer and I dont sell lightbulbs but I do want MB's out there to look nice. The bulbs are around $30-$40 the price varies because I get a discount. The original is $50.

Last edited by BrabusCClass; 02-18-2002 at 11:14 AM.
Old 02-18-2002, 11:17 AM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
What's the brand?
Old 02-18-2002, 11:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I bought RAZO bulbs and they seem to work great.....I know RAZO makes like 3-4 diff types...forgot what type they are but...these are better than the BMWXENON bulbs I bought as well.

I did another comparison before my friends 330i with xenon and mine and I couldn't tell the diff - except his are projector beam type versus the crappy old style lenses the MB has.

yeh yeh....I know - I'm actually losing light....but...geez....I sure can't tell the difference from sitting in both drivers seat of the 330i and my C320 !!!!!

and I saved $1500 over MB HID (which I'd rather have but not enuff $$$$$ in my piggy bank)
Old 02-18-2002, 11:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, Sienna SE
Nice...RAZO's are really white and very bright. Too bright for me. I had them on my MB then gave them to my friends 300ZX. I bought the higher output ones and boy were they higher. Nice bulbs thou. Not too blue just pure white.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Sports Coupe
what wattage are yall runnign. I am running 55w because thats what the manual said to use. Can you use a higher wattage bulbs without risk of damaging your light housing.

BAGWELL : I WANT THOSE LIGHTS! PLS email me at z28boy@carolina.rr.com
Thanks

Last edited by TimmyC230boy; 02-18-2002 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:23 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
Re: bought Philps VisionPlus and BlueVision H7 bulbs and they suck !! if you want them...

Originally posted by bagwell
WARNING -- they put out Y E L L O W light NOT white/blue as advertised !!!
It is all a matter of comparisons. The Philips H7 BlueVision are NOT HID lights.

Nothing looks like an HID but an HID. But they are definitely whiter/bluer than a conventional bulb. There are numerous pictures out there that make this clear.

There are other bulbs that are MUCH bluer, but at the cost of visible light. Philips takes it a more conservative step, to keep as much visible light as possible.

Also keep in mind the beam pattern will not change.
Old 02-18-2002, 12:48 PM

2002 Mercedes C32 AMG
bagwell, I would love to have the vision plus bulbs.

I hope that you have not given them away yet. I really like them. Let me know.
Old 02-18-2002, 01:30 PM
gab

I want to get a pair from u as well
Old 02-18-2002, 02:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I'm taking bids.....$2 do I hear $2......bida 5 bida 5.....

just kidding....

They're already promised to Young.....for a whoppppping $7 !!!!

Yee haw.....!!

Flashman - dude, the BlueVision they are not white/whiter at all..... whatever test or "photo" you saw was B.S.

When Young gets these we'll have him take a shot with 1 reg and 1 BlueVision bulb so everyone can see there is very little difference if any !

Also - buy the RAZO bulbs and THEN tell me they don't look real close to HID !!! I'm serious !!!...and no I ain't givin THOSE away !!

Last edited by bagwell; 02-18-2002 at 02:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2002, 03:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
hiya

yes, i will get the bluevisions (thanks to bagwell). i have the vision pluses already. i also have a cheap pair of nokya's arctic whites. and of course, the oems.

when i get the bluevisions, i will try to do a complete comparison of the 4 sets w/ pics to see what difference in light output, light meter measurements, light output shape, etc. well, maybe not too scientific but at least you will get some more impressions.

my other car has oem hids (but they're projector type, not reflectors) and i can sort of compare to those.
Old 02-18-2002, 05:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
Where can i get some razo lights and what wattage should i get. I am still running oem's cause the wreck busted the other ones i had, and i havent put them in the new c230 yet.
Old 02-18-2002, 09:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320
YOUNG....How are the Nokya's???? i have mine on my sport trac and i love it. I also had piaas but it didnt make much of a difference from oem. I do have something similar to nokyas on the benzie. We might have different opinions on how we like our lights...so whut yah think of them?
Old 02-18-2002, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i think the nokya's look pretty good during the day. a very cool white color. (cool as in color temperature). that color works a lot better aesthetically w/ my orino blue car... the yellow is too warm. i have yet to drive at night since i put them in so i don't know how it looks at night. so functionally, i don't know, but aesthetically, they look good to me. cautionary note: i misread the label. it says 55w ---> 75 watts. i thought it meant that it was 55w and that it was equivalent to 75watts but i think it means that it is really 75w. i'm a little concerned about that.

so far, here are my impressions:
hids4less kit is nice (and relatively cheap) but illegal
visionplus has more light, but illegal
bluevisions - bagwell says they're crappy - but probably legal
nokyas- cheap and cheerful - don't know about legality
oems - yellow - legal

of the 4 (5), i definitely favor the hids upgrade but i have 3 concerns: the legality, daytime running lights (they're always on - and i'm not sure if i like that. regular lamps have a lower setting as DRLs and a higher setting for low beams), and if oem hids are offered for 2003, then maybe i should get oems instead (of course, it will cost a lot more and i'll probably have to add those headlight washers...)

now, i know that probably (99%), one will never get a ticket for having hids, but you know, i'm sort of a stickler for following the law. i understand that this is not a concern for many people.

i don't mind messing w/ the bulbs as they are relatively cheap and i'll have a better opinion when i can compare the bulbs at one time. i'll try to get comparo pics/light tests when i get the bluevisions... probably next weekend.

btw, i have nokya arctic whites... there is a bluer version (forget what it is called) but i wanted white lights.

Last edited by young; 02-18-2002 at 10:07 PM.