C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

something blew up under the hood - maybe a/c maybe scharger (long)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-18-2003, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Peet, fool you once shame on MB, fool you twice shame on you. You should have gotten a Honda.

It's only funny because it hits home. My first brand new MB back in 1984 had the a/c blow up in August (our hottest month in So Cal) and they couldn't get parts to fix it for a month. I found out it was a Mitsubishi compressor so I called the zone office and asked them, why can't they just get a new compressor from the Mitsu dealer and they got it fixed the next day. Also, don't be shy about pulling the trigger on a lemon lawsuit case, I lemon lawed not only that MB for other reasons but I lemon lawed an Infiniti I30 because of A/C problems and the dealer and everyone said I can't lemon law a car just for A/C problems but I won. Don't know in your state but if the car is out for 30 days that constitutes a lemon. Also, why don't they give you a loaner for the 30 days, maybe a nice E320 or something, put the miles on their car, road trip to CA where it's much cooler (71 today in L.A. and cooler tomorrow) and hang out in Disneyland with those poor overheated children.
Old 06-18-2003, 11:22 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
09 C63
Great answer Carl! I didn't know about the 30days part - just the 4 times to attempt a fix... I'll read up on it.

Peet
Old 06-27-2003, 01:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Received a call today, the compressor has arrived! I'll get details when I pick up the car in the next few days but early commentary makes me think one less car will be built on the assembly line.

Yep they supposedly pulled it off the German assembly line - but they buy 1000 parts for 1000 cars to be built. Das is da German vay.

I've had an ML350 for the past week and although it's a foofy sport ute, I don't get it. Rough ride, guzzles gas like there's no tomorrow and rattles and squeeks make the Coupe I owned sound like a church at midnight.

P
Old 06-27-2003, 05:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good to read things are getting back on track for you, Peet.

You know, there's an ML parked outside our place pretty much all the time. I never got it, just from looking at the outside. It doesn't look like any sorta special vehicle, and the Benz emblem seems out of place to me. ???
Old 06-28-2003, 02:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

09 C63
Tell you what, our 2003 Explorer out does the ML in everything. Better gas mileage, can seat 2 more and still carry stuff, better handling, better acceleration, doesn't look like a minivan with a nose job and came with 0% interest loan for 5 years.

That having been said - I guess you figured my opinion on the $47k loaner

Anyhow, I called the dealer Friday and sure enough they went to put the compressor in. I asked for them to replace the belts since compressor oil got all over every thing.

I was assured that it was not an issue.

So about six hours go by and I get a call from the service advisor. Ah, Sir, ah, we'll have to get your car back next week - we had to order a new belt.

DOH.

Oh well, back to the ML tank for a few more days. Maybe I'll go off roading :P

Peet
Old 06-28-2003, 07:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by peet
So about six hours go by and I get a call from the service advisor. Ah, Sir, ah, we'll have to get your car back next week - we had to order a new belt.
Oh wow. You know, if it weren't _your_ car, this would be kinda funny. Well, at least they made progress...