C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Tomorrows the big day!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 07:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
wow! 32f 35r would have being perfect
Old 02-02-2012, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
2005 CLK320 Vert & 2005 CLK55 AMG
what size spacers did you try to use?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

and what size are the wheels?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
The wheels are 19s 8.5 front 9.5 back. I tried to use 5mm spacers. The guys at americas tire co said even if we got bigger spacers to work it the wheels would stick out to much. Whats your opinion rollin? Also do you know what the offset would have to be for direct fitmet for 18s or 19s?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:49 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan
Nice wheels! I'm not an expert but I believe with 19 inch rims 32 front and 35 rear offset will be good. Hope everything works out!
Old 02-02-2012, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

the problem with these wheel manufacturers and the cheesy shops who know nothing about our cars is, we dont have that much room to play with in our front wheel wells. They dont know that our car comes with a front semi bbk and they dont take that into consideration.

since ive never run these wheels, by just looking at it, with that spoke design i would say you need to go down to around an offset of +28 to +22 to clear bbk. And if you ever get coilovers probably down to at least +22 depending on how low you go.

why didnt it work with the 5mm spacer? was it hitting the bbk? what size spacer do you need to clear?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

what size tires are you going to use?
Old 02-02-2012, 09:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Well I don't think I am going to be putting these on because it was sticking out to much when he put it on to show me how it would look like after I got to right spacers. I am not sure what size spacers I need but the guy at the tire shop said it would come out so much from putting the spacers on that it would be out side of the fenders. Honestly I am super confused at this point. Everywhere I go they tell me a different thing. I wonder if theres anywhere were I can get a direct fitment one and not have to deal with all of these head aches that come with not having direct fitment wheels.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i think the guy at the shop did something wrong, because even your wheel 19x8.5 +35 with a 5mm spacer shouldn't be sticking out.

unless maybe you tried to put a fat tire on it. 235/35 should be fine, 225/35 will clear even better.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
The guy did seem like he wasn't to sure what he was talking about. There wasn't a tire on it, we were checking to make sure the wheels fit before mounting the tires on it. I think ill try going to a different shop right now before they close and see what they think. Will update when I get back.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Never mind, Just called a couple of tire stores and there all closed already. Ill go first thing in the morning and try to get this all straightened out.
Old 02-02-2012, 09:51 PM
a3i

2005 Mercedes C230
These look alot like the wheels I have, sounds like similar offsets too. Mine were 19x8.5 front with 32 offset and 19x9.5 with 40 offset in the rear. Clears the brakes by a hair and overall fitment is not too bad either, the fronts stick out a little but I have a 225 stretched tire in the front that makes it look pretty good actually. Make sure you get the H&R spacers for the front that are specifically made for your C230, any other spacer wont fit over the long hub, for rear you can use any brand 12mm hubcentric spacer
Old 02-02-2012, 09:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
You need to remember fitment is going to be off if they just jack it and put the wheel on. The suspension is going be in a different location when its down.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a3i
These look alot like the wheels I have, sounds like similar offsets too. Mine were 19x8.5 front with 32 offset and 19x9.5 with 40 offset in the rear. Clears the brakes by a hair and overall fitment is not too bad either, the fronts stick out a little but I have a 225 stretched tire in the front that makes it look pretty good actually. Make sure you get the H&R spacers for the front that are specifically made for your C230, any other spacer wont fit over the long hub, for rear you can use any brand 12mm hubcentric spacer
I just looked at your thread for your wheels your right we do have similar wheels. If you don't mind me asking how much did yours end up running you? and how much did the spacers cost? And wow 13mm spacers for the rear I was skeptical about even doing 5mm. I am trying to stay away from having wheels that stick out; I don't really like the aggressive look it has. Wish they would just make a direct fitment for our cars! I am trying to decide between trying to finding spacers for these and just keeping them or returning them because I am driving down to LA anyways next week and thats were the shop that I ordered the wheels is at. It took me 3 months to find BBS LM replicas for my car so I don't really want to give these up. Have you had any issues with 19s? Sorry about all the questions I am just lost on what to do.
Old 02-03-2012, 02:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by phister
You need to remember fitment is going to be off if they just jack it and put the wheel on. The suspension is going be in a different location when its down.
Your right, surprised that the guys at ATC didn't think of that. Do you think 5mm spacers will do the trick or do I need to go bigger?
Old 02-03-2012, 02:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by ROLLNNN
i think the guy at the shop did something wrong, because even your wheel 19x8.5 +35 with a 5mm spacer shouldn't be sticking out.

unless maybe you tried to put a fat tire on it. 235/35 should be fine, 225/35 will clear even better.
Do you think it will work with a 5mm spacer?
Old 02-03-2012, 05:32 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
I have 18x8.5 ET25 and it is not sticking out. it's flush with the fender.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:32 AM
a3i

2005 Mercedes C230
Originally Posted by Peydidy
I just looked at your thread for your wheels your right we do have similar wheels. If you don't mind me asking how much did yours end up running you? and how much did the spacers cost? And wow 13mm spacers for the rear I was skeptical about even doing 5mm. I am trying to stay away from having wheels that stick out; I don't really like the aggressive look it has. Wish they would just make a direct fitment for our cars! I am trying to decide between trying to finding spacers for these and just keeping them or returning them because I am driving down to LA anyways next week and thats were the shop that I ordered the wheels is at. It took me 3 months to find BBS LM replicas for my car so I don't really want to give these up. Have you had any issues with 19s? Sorry about all the questions I am just lost on what to do.
Wheels and tires combined cost be about 1300 and the H&R front spacers were about 100, another 50 for the rear spacers and another 50 for the bolts so about $1500 total. Only thing I ran into was the same problem as your, I bought 5mm spacers initially and they wouldnt clear the breaks so I had to test a couple of different thickness spacers until finally settling on 12mm. I'll try to take a picture today of the way my front and rear are sitting so you get an idea. I did have light rubbing in the rear but after shaving a couple of pieces where the bumper meets the body its gone. If you are able to return them I would, too much trouble with the spacers and theres somebody selling LM replicas right now in the classifieds section where they claim to be direct fitment
https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...ust-click.html
Old 02-03-2012, 09:51 AM

C320 4Matic & GLK350 4Matic
Originally Posted by FrankW
This goes back to my original statement ... the bigger the rim the bigger the headache! J/P I have 18 x 8 with 15mm spacers on the rear and they are flush. My rims up front do not have any spacers at all. Go with H&R!

Go to a reputable rim shop! They should be able to guide you in the right direction and most importantly get the job done without sacraficing your safety. I learned this the first set of rims. I tried to save some money by going to a shop I thought could handle the job, they didn't use the right bolts. Took the rims off after steering wheel shaking and the rims were being held on by like 3 threads. NOT GOOD! Pay a little more and have it done right. Your life and the lifes of others is not worth risking. Plus you could total your ride.
Old 02-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Seriously, there is a reason why people with higher-priced cars don't have their rims done at Costco. Especially if you're going with a tighter fit on larger rims.

I have 18x8 all around as well, and don't feel the need to go bigger.

Good luck with the fitment, but I think you should be doing this with better quality professionals, honestly.
Old 02-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2021 GLC300 4Matic
Originally Posted by a3i
Wheels and tires combined cost be about 1300 and the H&R front spacers were about 100, another 50 for the rear spacers and another 50 for the bolts so about $1500 total. Only thing I ran into was the same problem as your, I bought 5mm spacers initially and they wouldnt clear the breaks so I had to test a couple of different thickness spacers until finally settling on 12mm. I'll try to take a picture today of the way my front and rear are sitting so you get an idea. I did have light rubbing in the rear but after shaving a couple of pieces where the bumper meets the body its gone. If you are able to return them I would, too much trouble with the spacers and theres somebody selling LM replicas right now in the classifieds section where they claim to be direct fitment
I spoke to Brian from 323mts a while back when i was interested on those rims "LM REPS" and he said those rims are in a 35/38 offset
Old 02-03-2012, 10:08 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
like i've said in the other thread. you'll need 10mm at least for the front and 5mm in the rear.

America's Tires knows ZERO about anything.
Old 02-04-2012, 12:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by a3i
Ya I think i am just going to bring these with me when I drive down to SoCAl next weekend and try returning them on the way there. Probably will loose what I payed for for shipping but these things are turning into to much of a hassle and I don't want to deal with spacers and all. I think I will just try to find something with direct fitment (seems impossible though). Thanks for your help, Also I messaged that guy and he said that I would need spacers to clear the front brakes
Old 02-04-2012, 12:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
like i've said in the other thread. you'll need 10mm at least for the front and 5mm in the rear.

America's Tires knows ZERO about anything.
I think your right about americas tires not knowing anything. I also when to wheel works today and they said the same thing; again I think they keep telling me it wont work because there trying to sell me tires for my stock wheels(theres no tread on them) because there policy there and at americas tires is they cant touch wheels that need spacers. I am going to try putting on 10mm spacers tomorrow because I have 2 5mm spacers and see how it looks. I most likely will end up returning these and waiting for 18s with closer fitment. Thanks frank
Old 02-04-2012, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by Tri-Star
This goes back to my original statement ... the bigger the rim the bigger the headache! J/P I have 18 x 8 with 15mm spacers on the rear and they are flush. My rims up front do not have any spacers at all. Go with H&R!

Go to a reputable rim shop! They should be able to guide you in the right direction and most importantly get the job done without sacraficing your safety. I learned this the first set of rims. I tried to save some money by going to a shop I thought could handle the job, they didn't use the right bolts. Took the rims off after steering wheel shaking and the rims were being held on by like 3 threads. NOT GOOD! Pay a little more and have it done right. Your life and the lifes of others is not worth risking. Plus you could total your ride.
I deffinatly feel you on the bigger the rim the bigger the head ache. The thing about were I live is there is really no wheel shops. The only places that even deal with anything that have to do with wheels is wheel works and americas tire co; both of which are big tire chains that don't know much.I think I am going to wait till I go down to socal to get new wheels because theres a ton of places down there that know there sh*t down there. Probably going to return these and go with 18s. Also wow that sounds scary about your first set of wheels, glad it didn't turn out worst.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tomorrows the big day!