C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203 Bose HU (I know the Horse is Dead)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-01-2012, 12:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, GL450
W203 Bose HU (I know the Horse is Dead)

Ok, just like every other "NEWBIE" out there I promise I have used the search engine more times than I can count on this subject. I even followed the following link as a road map. http://www.marcusfitzhugh.com/CLK/DIY/headunit2.html
But after tearing into the install I was not able to replace my Stock HU with my new Alpine IDA-305bt. I needed a Female harness to connect to the 2 male connectors that hook up into the stock stereo. My C32 has one that is slighlty longer than the other.

I believe that the NON-Bose HU has 3 connectors that fill all three ports in the back....? (Only a guess from install photos I have seen, to all other newbies this is not doctrine)

So will someone tell me why if I followed the link above why my install didn't work? I know the Install is for a W208 and I'm a W203 and maybe they are really different.....?

Also I then thought well I will just cut out the Bose amp and Install a new Amp that could sustain 2 ohms, but every car stereo place I called said "You cant you have to replace all you speakers. Its Fiber optic from the deck to the amp to the speakers. (I feel like they are trying to milk me, but don't they all.....?)

Maybe its as simple as not having the right harness. Please hit me back. I'm so tired of not having Bluetooth and Ipod abilities I'm about ready to drop 1.5k on having it re-dun. I'm in sales and travel a ton so for me its a must.

To installers and senior members thank you for your patience. I know its hard to deal with guys like me.
Old 02-01-2012, 01:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32, GL450
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...will-melt.html

Just found this........ This seems way complex did he make a wire harness? Not for the average installer.......