C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C230 with a CLK Nav?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63 AMG
C230 with a CLK Nav?

So I have always wanted a command navi for my c230 but they have always been out of my price range. Today I found a really good deal for one out of a 2005 CLK 320. I have searched many threads trying to figure out of this will work but there seems to be mixed answers about this. So my questions are..
Will putting this in my 2005 C230SS sedan work? Will I have any issues? How hard is doing it? Has anyone tried it? My car is prewired for the car phone but I don't have the Blue tooth attachment thing, Will I need that still with this command to make it work? Any thing else I should know? Also sorry if these questions have been already answered in previous threads, I searched for a long time and couldn't get a straight answer. I know how annoying it is when people make new threads about things that I have previously been discussed, sorry if I am doing that.
Thanks in advanced!
Old 02-14-2012, 10:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
10' C300 Sport and 07 Ducati S2R
I am also interested... with definitive answers.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
If you search on COMAND upgrades, this has been discussed. The CLK unit will fit but there will be a gap, it works but if a slight gap bothers you then get one specifically designed for a C-Class, you could probably get one for $1,500-$1,800 but they could be cheaper now. I bought one from Steve K. and did the installation myself. It was rather easy but I needed another set of hands so I would not scratch any interior parts installing it. There are loads of threads with install pics, and I actually followed this one and had no problems. http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+A...rticle-39.html

The COMAND has no bluetooth interface built in, you need to either get an afermarket or pay beaucoup dolars for the MB system (pre-wiring means you can get the MB system as it has the wiring looms ready, nothing more). I did the MB system, I think it's about $1,500 with all the parts and install and then expect to pay another $300 for a bluetooth puck - either Viseeo MB4 or the MB Branded module. I would lean toward the Viseeo as it's upgradable. So, you are looking at an expensive upgrade if you go OEM.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C63 AMG
Originally Posted by SteveAustin
If you search on COMAND upgrades, this has been discussed. The CLK unit will fit but there will be a gap, it works but if a slight gap bothers you then get one specifically designed for a C-Class, you could probably get one for $1,500-$1,800 but they could be cheaper now. I bought one from Steve K. and did the installation myself. It was rather easy but I needed another set of hands so I would not scratch any interior parts installing it. There are loads of threads with install pics, and I actually followed this one and had no problems. http://www.mercupgrades.com/COMAND+A...rticle-39.html

The COMAND has no bluetooth interface built in, you need to either get an afermarket or pay beaucoup dolars for the MB system (pre-wiring means you can get the MB system as it has the wiring looms ready, nothing more). I did the MB system, I think it's about $1,500 with all the parts and install and then expect to pay another $300 for a bluetooth puck - either Viseeo MB4 or the MB Branded module. I would lean toward the Viseeo as it's upgradable. So, you are looking at an expensive upgrade if you go OEM.
This is exactly the answers I needed! Thank you so much! and I found a really good deal on a used command off of a CLK320. Thanks for all your help!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:24 PM

2005 C240 4MATIC, 2010 ML350
I found my COMAND unit for $500. Go to www.car-part.com. This is a nationwide database of wrecking yards. Mine came from a wrecked 2006 C55 AMG that was in Missouri. I negotiated the price down to $500 plus shipping. Much cheaper than eBay.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:35 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan
Be sure to get it version coded at the dealer with the Star Diagnosis so your NAV directions display in the MFD. It should only be an hour of labor at most for that. This will give you distance before a turn and a progress bar as you approach. It's a definite must. One more caution: I think you might have to go to the dealer anyway if the Navigation doesn't boot. It has to do with the programming of the MOST ring. I know mine worked, but I already had the Phone and SAT, I'm not sure exactly what the config is, just so you know.

Chris Brown above is right, look for one at a local wrecking yard first then do a national search. It's way cheaper.
Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 AM

2004 c230 4cyl supercharge
I am very new and really don't want to be stupid but what is the Command unit do?

Bob
Old 02-29-2012, 12:07 PM
Super Moderator

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
THE C350
The command unit is navigation as well as head unit.