C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

CD changer for sale

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 01:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
CD changer for sale

Hi all!

Well it's finally time to turn in my c-class and I need to sell the CD changer before MB takes my car away.

I'm selling the changer, the bracket and 2 extra after market (but made by Alpine magazines) for $250 and shipping is $15. The changer has been used for about 18 months but is in perfect condition and works well. If anyone is interested let me know with a PM or you can email me at beth@mailops.com.

Hope all is well with everyone! Got a Saab ragtop today and the Saab boards are so dull in relation to this one.

I'm gonna miss you guys! (though I do intend to pop in) Bob and Session, please continue to give Tommy a hard time for me!

Cheers,

Beth
Old 07-09-2003, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good luck with the Saab. The ragtop is the only Saab I like and GM is a far better company to deal with for lemon law issues than MB (not that you you'll need it).
Old 07-09-2003, 10:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks!

Actually my attorney said in all his years of doing lemon law cases he has only seen one Saab case as opposed to 100s of MB cases. :p But in any event, I bought a used one because they don't keep their value, so I got a 2000 with a year of warrenty left and 18K miles on it for under 20K and the guy sold it to me for under wholesale blue book.

But, I have to say it does not handle nearly as well has the C-coupe. It's a bit less responsive, but I actually went for a stick this time because I liked the way it shifted (though it's not a honda) and I never liked the feel of the C-coupe's. A stick shift in SF, always a challenge.

Cheers,

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 07-09-2003 at 01:14 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 12:25 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Shouldn't this be in the classifieds?

Good luck with the new car, and I hope for Saab's sake that the seat belts are to your liking.

That's a good price, I'm sure that someone will snap it up. Don't be a stranger.
Old 07-09-2003, 01:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking

Tommy,

I just might miss our flirting duels, then again, maybe not. :p

I'm still waiting for pictures of you and Bob in a speedo. That would be a good parting gift don't you think?

Cheers,

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 07-09-2003 at 02:26 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 05:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'06 Lexus GS300 RWD, '07 Camry SE V6 auto, '91 190E 2.6 auto
my attorney said in all his years of doing lemon law cases he has only seen one Saab case as opposed to 100s of MB cases.
Doesn't Mercedes outsell Saab 100 to 1?
Old 07-09-2003, 05:39 PM
Banned

2003 C230 Coupe
Originally posted by Jim Banville
At least.
Old 07-09-2003, 06:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You could look at the bigger picture, does GM outsell D-C, I think so.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

That was 100s not a 100. But in any event it doesn't matter as long of your happy with your car.

Cheers,

Beth
Old 07-09-2003, 08:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!

I need your tires... I'll take those?

Last edited by nukblazi; 07-09-2003 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-09-2003, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't think Saab tires will fit on your car.
Old 07-09-2003, 09:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I meant from her coupe fool
Old 07-09-2003, 09:09 PM

c240
Sarcasm?
Old 07-09-2003, 09:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

You could look at the bigger picture, does GM outsell D-C, I think so.
We were talking about the numbers of SAAB sold vs. MB's. MB sells multitudes more vehicles than the Saab brand. It stands to reason that there would be mutitudes more reported problems with MB's. How many lemon cases does this lawyer file that deal with Ferrari's, Aston Martin's or Lamborghini's? Every single car from all three of those brands COULD be total junk, resulting in a lemon case per car, but due to the ultra low numbers of them sold vs. MB's, MB would STILL have a higher overall number of reported problems. Ask the lawyer the number of Audi, VW or BMW lemon cases vs. MB. I'm sure they're comperable. Do a search for the word "lemon" in conjunction with either of those other brands and you'll see plenty of reported cases on the internet. Hey, Buellwinkle, I seem to remember asking you to prove that our C-class cars were less reliable than the 3 series Bimmer or the 4 series Audi in the form of some sort of reliability study. Did you every get that info? I'm not talking about stats that add in the other classes, such as the poor ML and G.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by nukblazi
TRAITOR!!!!!!!!!

I need your tires... I'll take those?
Nope you can't have my tires. And I'm happy to go to a car that works. :p

Jim -- I think what matters is that your car works and that you are happy with it. You love your MB and your obviously willing to defend it. Buellie has had bad experinces with MB.

The stats only matter when you're buying a car. When I bought my car, Consumer Reports said the c-class had average reliability and then the the 2002 dropped to worse. I think it really depends on the model year. Hope you continue to love your car.

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 07-10-2003 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Saabs are far more reliable than MB's, Beth has chosen well. I can see why she's been unhappy chosing from the bottom of the list twice in a row. Here's the 3 year stats -
Attached Thumbnails CD changer for sale-jdpowers2003.gif  
Old 07-10-2003, 04:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by galaxygrrl
Nope you can't have my tires. And I'm happy to go to a car that works. :p
Well, you seemed to be the one with the most problems with your car at least that I can remember.

I am always paranoid that my car is about to self destruct because of the stories like yours but mine has always been in good shape...

I do like the new 9 3 but all in all I like the coupe. Anyhow, glad you're happy (now get off our board )

Thomas
Old 07-10-2003, 09:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Saabs are far more reliable than MB's, Beth has chosen well. I can see why she's been unhappy chosing from the bottom of the list twice in a row. Here's the 3 year stats -
Buiellie,

You know I just canceled my Consumer Reports account, but I would have posted the same chart for them. MB is second from the bottom on that list. VW is 3rd from the bottom on it. Saab is raked pretty high, I don't remember where.

These people just have unjustified brand loyality. But, I can understand, they love their cars. I loved my MB and VW too when they worked.

Originally posted by nukblazi
Well, you seemed to be the one with the most problems with your car at least that I can remember.

I am always paranoid that my car is about to self destruct because of the stories like yours but mine has always been in good shape...

I do like the new 9 3 but all in all I like the coupe. Anyhow, glad you're happy (now get off our board )

Thomas
I got a Friday car that's all. I drove my car off the lot with issues. There have been a few lemon law cases on this board.

After listening to stories, my feeling is people either get cars that work pretty flawlessly or have tons of problems. Seems like you fall into the first. Don't be parniod, just enjoy your car. Anyway, as far as I can tell, most of the problems that exist are electronic -- the heart of the car seems OK. So don't worry about it.

I still have the MB for two weeks, so there, you're stuck with me for a while.

Cheers,

Beth
Old 07-10-2003, 11:38 AM

2014 Sport White on black
Cool Did you get my email

Beth, I sent you an email Weds 9 July about your CD changer. Did you get it? I am interested but wanted to know if anyone in this thread could tell me if it fits in a C240 (2002)? If it does tell me how we can make the transaction seamless. Thanks!
Old 07-10-2003, 11:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Re: Did you get my email

Originally posted by maguzma
Beth, I sent you an email Weds 9 July about your CD changer. Did you get it? I am interested but wanted to know if anyone in this thread could tell me if it fits in a C240 (2002)? If it does tell me how we can make the transaction seamless. Thanks!
I responded to you right away, you were the first one to write me and I said the CD changer was yours if you wanted it. Guess you never got the email.

I've actually been waiting for your reply and holding everyone else off since you replied first. I'll resend the message.

The CD changer will work and there are directions on the forum on how to install it. I'm not sure the bracket will fit, but I think it will. I'm sure someone will let us know after this post.

Cheers,

Beth
Old 07-10-2003, 11:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The bracket will fit, but a better way to install the cd changer is with Velcro. Then you can remove it quickly, if you need to do so.
Old 07-10-2003, 12:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by Lynn
The bracket will fit, but a better way to install the cd changer is with Velcro. Then you can remove it quickly, if you need to do so.
Lynn,

Thanks!!!

Beth
Old 07-10-2003, 12:22 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Buellwinkle, did you read my request? Iasked you for c-class stats vs. bmw 3 series, audi 4 series, and any other european sedan in the same price range. I specifically asked NOT for stats containing other classes, such as the sucky ML and G. Can you do that?
Old 07-10-2003, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 C230K Sport Coupe, 1986 190E 2.3
Good luck with the Saab Beth. Sorry that the MB left such a bad taste in your mouth. Hopefully the ones that work, work for a long while.

Jim,
Notice Buell lumped all GM products in there with Saab but for DC he just says MB, no including the rest of the DC line-up. He has had problems and that is fine, his problem is that he expects every other MB owner to agree and have the same problems. Maybe his dealer just sucks at fixing the problems but he keeps going back for the cookies. I see a ton of old MB's around where I live so they can't be too bad. There are a ton of 190E's, 300's, SEL's and many other on the road that are late 80's vehicles that I see everyday that seem to be running just fine. And that is at least 14 years later. Some people will have problems and some mechanics and service departments are just not good enough to fix them on the first try. But I would rather have a problem with my Benz than one with my Saturn. I get a loaner with the Benz and the Saturn I would have to pay for and then be partially re-imbursed if the problem is slated to take a while to fix. That is set by GM not the local dealer so a crappy dealer or a busy dealer may not get it fixed in time and GM says no rental allowance. So more money out of my pocket, people should be happy that when there steering wheel button cracks and they want it fixed that they get a loaner. Not many manufacturers will do that for you.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Buellwinkle, did you read my request? Iasked you for c-class stats vs. bmw 3 series, audi 4 series, and any other european sedan in the same price range. I specifically asked NOT for stats containing other classes, such as the sucky ML and G. Can you do that?
Jim,

I think you're being a little silly here, but to be honest, consumer reports has the lowest relibility rating for the 2002 C-class. I know the bimmer did better and I don't remember much more. I would post it but I canceled my account.

Why does it really matter, you like your car, it works, you've has a good experince, some people have not. MBs are not Hondas and to say they are is just silly.

Enjoy your car!

Cheers,

Beth

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: CD changer for sale