C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

C320 Wagon Headliner Coming Down

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 c330
Originally Posted by bobinyelm
I hope you get your new problem fixed (mechanical?). Mine has only 70k so hope it will be relatively trouble-free for a few years yet-the first think I had to replace was a canister purge valve, but thanks to the MIL code and the group here, it was easy (though pricey for the valve*). I see you're pushing 200k-what kinds of expensive problems have you run into along the way?

I am meeting w/ the guy Sat morning (if he doesn't cancel again) and I'll see if he sticks at that price. I told him I had the MB procedure (thanks to you guys) printed out if he got into trouble.

He's bringing his head-liner sample kit to be sure he can closely match it (so I don't have to recover the sliding sunroof lid, the A,B,C,and D pillar covers as well).

I'll let you know, and if he'll let me, I might try to go photograph the procedure (showing the clips and stuff) for you and the Forum. He has work-space about 35mi from where I live, and he was going to take my car there (to save me 2 round trips to drop and pick it up), so we'll see.

Bob

*The dealer insisted I had to buy a $600 canister w/ the valve attached. I only got the valve alone ($250) when I brought the part in w/ the MB part number on it and they found they COULD get the individual part.

Trust me, i am honestly ready to give this wagon up for a trade in if it keeps up. But yes, its a mechanical problem.

Monday i went to West Palm Beach, 70 miles from me.
It drove down just fine, on my way back up drove fine to, and as soon as i get off the interstate it just shuts off. No kicking no rough driving. just dies. I pull over didnt want to start up. After 10 mins and AAA on the way it decides to turn on. I finish heading back home, stop to pick up pizza, turn off and turns back on like nothing happened. Once im home, i ut the obd2 scanner, and the new code came up for The Crankshaft position sensor, easy fix and $50 sensor. I'll hope thats the issue. I dont want to drive it knowing it'll leave me stranded again.

Oh and so we bought the car around 3-4 years ago, with 80k.
From then til now, i beleive we have spent around $5,000.
$2,000- A/C Took a dump.
$2,000- Fuel pump, maf meter, complete fuel pump rewire and labor.
$100 Egr valve to fix the rough idle.
$50 Stop light switch went poopoo
and like $1,000 on other miscellaneous parts.

The wagon is amazing, i love it. Its just annoying how everytime i fix one issue, another one appears. And since im starting college this year, i really cant afford a car that can clunk out on me any second of anyday.

Oh and now the headlights come on when ever they want to. Talked to the mechanic, he said its the module that controls all the lights thats starting to take a dump.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:40 PM

02 c330
Any updates on your headliner?

I finally changed the cps sensor, after like 8 hours ! Going to take it out on its first normal drive to church tomorrow and see how she does.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320, SLK230, T1N Sprinter
The upholstery shop was behind so asked me to wait until Monday to drop the car off.

If they can do it while I wait, I'll do photographs, though their shop is not air conditioned, and it's supposed to be like 105, so I may not stay.

Bob
Old 08-12-2012, 11:11 PM

02 c330
Any updates?

Ive had horrible luck with my car lately. lol after the crank sensor i decided to change the spark plugs. I changed the plugs okay, but now 2 cables broke. Local auto part store wants $200. i said no. So i went and ordered them from rockauto.com $95 a set. Set came yesterday. they sent me 10 cables instead of 12. Now idk if i have to send those cables back or not and i need the car running in a week Ugh! This has turned into a complication lol not my luck but no stressing. Little by little shes coming back. I literally kept the car in drive with my foor on the brake for about 20 mins waiting for the CEL to turn on and it never did! lol

On the plus side, i wanted to try something new, and i got tired of plain old interior lighting. So i went blue. Bright as heck in person

Old 08-13-2012, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C320, SLK230, T1N Sprinter
Headliner job's done.

Overall it looks quite decent.

The material almost matches (but if you're critical, you CAN tell a slight difference).

They did the A-Pillar covers w/ the new stuff to preclude noticing. One corner of where the material wraps around the inside corner of the sun roof (where it goes up into the corner up at the sunroof trim ring) is pulled to tight that it can't conform excactly even when cemented in place. They left a tad too little slack for the material to conform to the compound curve in that one place.

I can be pretty **** at times, and my eye constantly goes up to it and I am FORCED to press the tiny non-conforming corner back into place only to have it pop back out (as I know rationally that it will).

I'm still trying to decide whether to go back and complain, but I'm not sure how they can fix it now w/out making it worse in the long run.

Otherwise, I'm happy.

They did it when I wasn't there on a 106deg afternoon w/ no A/C so I have no pix, unfortunately, but they did not say it was especially difficult, and I have no warning lights, and my radio started fine w/o a code.

Bob
Old 08-13-2012, 07:05 PM

02 c330
Im glad its fixed tho. I myself finally got my wagon running right. After 2 monts of issues, shes running amazing!