C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Power Windows and Sunroof Issue -Synchronization or something else?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 C230 Sport
Power Windows and Sunroof Issue -Synchronization or something else?

Hey guys,
I know this has probably been beaten to death, and I have looked all around for a case that is just like mine, but my issue seems to be unique.

My battery died on my 2006 C230. As a result, I got all the faults that come along with it. The ESP (which is a preexisting condition anyway, but neither here nor there), and the power windows were out of sync as well as the sunroof. I followed all the steps listed in the manual, and I still probably haven't done it correctly, but here is where my situation gets different. For some reason, my windows do not go down all the way anymore. They go down, but then stop and there is about a half inch of window sticking up and none of them go down anymore than that. The sunroof is all out of wack. When I do the auto close, it leaves about a quarter of an inch to go before it is fully closed and it's tilted to the inside of the car. Furthermore, when the sunroof is fully closed, (which i have to do by pushing the tilt up button and stopping it when its shut), and I take the keys out of the ignition, I get a message saying that my sunroof is tilted open. Basically, it is backwards. The car thinks the sunroof is open when it is shut, and shut when it is open. I have never heard of anyone else having this problem. Hopefully someone on here has, and they also know how to fix it.

Thank you guys so much

James
Old 10-25-2012, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Received 177 Likes on 144 Posts
late 2009 CLK 350 Coupe Elegance, '65 Jaguar S Type wires
https://mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w...g-battery.html