C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Newbie with another Evolution of a C class..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230 Kompressor
Newbie with another Evolution of a C class..

Hi everyone i am new to this and Well I just recently started with the modifications to my ride and i am Very impressed with all you guys and I give you mad props for your rides.. I decided to join with hopes that you guys can help me out with the evolution of my car. Any info and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..

Last edited by aortiz5; 12-05-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:12 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
First bits of advice:

1) Post pics of your car, even if it's completely stock. Fill out your signature with whatever OEM options/aftermarket equipment you have. That will help out with any advice that may be given.

2) I see that you went through phister's thread in detail. That's a good start! For any questions that you may have, please do a search through here first, there's a good chance it's been asked and answered several times already. However, if you still have questions, refer to your search, and mention what you need clarification on so that it makes it easier for anyone to reply.

3) I don't know how long you've had your car and your level of experience is, but if you just got your car, the best thing to do is go over it / have it gone over, and identify any problems with the stock components. If there are stock items that need fixing, figure out if you want to go aftermarket vs. OEM (if you haven't realized it yet, MB is one of the lamest markets in aftermarket components out there, so your options will tend to be limited), so that you don't have to waste your time with fixing with OEM, then realize that you'd prefer aftermarket.

4) Have a sense of humor. People here tend to be very helpful, as long as you act like an adult.

Welcome, and enjoy the modding!
Old 11-29-2012, 05:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
always do maintainence first thats my rule of thumb. make sure all the plugs, CPS magnet, brakes, fluids, etc are in good working condition.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:06 PM

'06 c230 Sport 6spd
Originally Posted by phister
always do maintainence first thats my rule of thumb. make sure all the plugs, CPS magnet, brakes, fluids, etc are in good working condition.
Def a must no matter what..

If your looking to get crazy hp. I'd get a different car then what you have. I think its perfect for what I want right now. I'm done for now with heavily modding cars. Appearence wise, I feel the aftermarket for our cars is pretty big. Performance its completely limited so searching may take a while to get what you want.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:13 AM

05 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by tommy
First bits of advice:

1) Post pics of your car, even if it's completely stock. Fill out your signature with whatever OEM options/aftermarket equipment you have. That will help out with any advice that may be given.

2) I see that you went through phister's thread in detail. That's a good start! For any questions that you may have, please do a search through here first, there's a good chance it's been asked and answered several times already. However, if you still have questions, refer to your search, and mention what you need clarification on so that it makes it easier for anyone to reply.

3) I don't know how long you've had your car and your level of experience is, but if you just got your car, the best thing to do is go over it / have it gone over, and identify any problems with the stock components. If there are stock items that need fixing, figure out if you want to go aftermarket vs. OEM (if you haven't realized it yet, MB is one of the lamest markets in aftermarket components out there, so your options will tend to be limited), so that you don't have to waste your time with fixing with OEM, then realize that you'd prefer aftermarket.

4) Have a sense of humor. People here tend to be very helpful, as long as you act like an adult.

Welcome, and enjoy the modding!

Thanks and yes I'm new to the MB world I've always been involved in the VW scene so it's not my first time modding cars but it is w an MB which I've found out quick its a totally different world. Lol and well I'm just learning how to work thru this site so bare w me. Hopefully soon I can set up my sig and everything to go with it.
Old 12-02-2012, 12:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
e36 318i, 2004 sti
Welcome aboard! Like said above post some pictures of your ride .
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 PM

05 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by MBfinatic
Welcome aboard! Like said above post some pictures of your ride .
Sure will, just gotta figure this site out lol
Old 12-02-2012, 09:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pewter W211
Originally Posted by aortiz5
Sure will, just gotta figure this site out lol
If you have any questions let us know, we'll be more than happy to help you out.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:20 AM

W124 1994 E320 Estate, S210 1998 E320 Estate, W211 2006 E350 Saloon
Late to the party but still excited to arrive. Congratulations to the forum. This guys, though they don't know it, have help me with my newly purchased MB as well. I've been living vicariously through there posts for the past 6 months or so ( browsed the site before the purchase, gotta do your homework before a major purchase). It's great to have a new member and Philster, I see you driving around all the time but I never stopped you. apparently you know one of my buddies or he knows 'of' you. lol good times, I'd be cool to meet in person and swap info as well as create a local meet, not sure if it's possible with the timing though (more on that later). Anyways, Welcome dude and nice colour choice for the holiday season.
Old 12-04-2012, 05:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
06 C230 SS 6spd
I know a lot of peeps lol
Old 12-04-2012, 10:37 AM

13 Jeep JKU Sahara w/4" lift Kit & the works,2015 Toyota Sienna XLE,2013 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid
Welcome......this site has a lot of information, try searching the tpoic you are intrested in and then posting on that thread.....helps everyone on here....

Javvy
Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM

05 C230 Kompressor
Ok guys thanks for the replies, and here it is, first try at it lol... I believe I got my signature working now and the profile pic but how do I upload a pic to the message?? Do I have to upload it to another site before???
Old 12-04-2012, 03:59 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
You can start a gallery here, and MBW will host the pics. Then you link your pics from your gallery to the post that you are currently making.
Old 12-04-2012, 04:03 PM

05 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by tommy
You can start a gallery here, and MBW will host the pics. Then you link your pics from your gallery to the post that you are currently making.
Thank you, let me try that.
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 PM

05 C230 Kompressor
Thank you everyone I finally got the pictures to work. Let me know what you all think. And I was able to add the mods to my signature too.

Originally Posted by aortiz5
Hi everyone i am new to this and Well I just recently started with the modifications to my ride and i am Very impressed with all you guys and I give you mad props for your rides.. I decided to join with hopes that you guys can help me out with the evolution of my car. Any info and advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance..