C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Pics of my car!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 05:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Pics of my car!

Well, after about 2 years of browsing this board I have finally gotten a digicam to take some pics of my car! The few things that I have done to it have been inspired by discussions on this board so I just wanted to say thanks! I still have a few things to do to it so it is by no means done.

Let me know what you guys think,
Matthew

BTW: the last two pics are of mine and my dads "work in progress". It's a 65' FJ40 Toyota Landcruiser with a Chevy 350 droped in it. Estimated to be a little over 400 hp

Pictures!!!

Regards,
Matthew
Old 08-04-2003, 09:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2000 CLK430
ok, this is a benz board and i know the intent of this was to show your mercedes, and it looks good, keep it up, but thats an awesome FJ40. I had what at one time was a '74 before i got my CLK, it was a custom restoration with too many off-roading mods to list, but it had 36" tires with 4" suspension lift and 3" body. engine wasnt nearly as cool as a 350 chevy, original Toyota V-8 in good shape. Basically, the truck looked like brand new, but engine and drivetrain were not. got tired of it being a project and wanted something fast, so got rid of it, but i really miss it now. thinking about getting a '68 bronco sometime in the future. looks awesome though, keep up the good work!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:30 PM

Thank Petie!

Give me a day or two and I'll take more pics in better conditions and post in the Off-Topic board. I'll get some of the engine and rhino lining too!
Old 08-04-2003, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by DaBeze
Thank Petie!

Give me a day or two and I'll take more pics in better conditions and post in the Off-Topic board. I'll get some of the engine and rhino lining too!
thanks a bunch, ill pay attention in the OT forum for the pictures.....

selling my CLK soon i believe, getting another Benz, but was just looking around, kinda want to get this to drive for a little while, what do you think? would much rather do all this work myself, but i love what this guy has done with this truck.....not to mention one of my favorite off-road vehicles made.....

Defender 90

ok guys, no more OT talk, sorry....:o
Old 08-04-2003, 10:53 PM

Ahh what the heck, its my post anyways and my benz is not that much different to where it would spark up a conversation anyways:p

If I had it my way I would have gone with a defender or even an old international scout. However my dad really like the old cruisers so we bought that one for $3K stripped it completly bare then just started putting it back together. Everything in her is brand new. The only original piece is the body.

That Defender 90 is beautiful Doesnt look like much work needing to be done to it but one heck of a truck! Up here in Washington you can drive outside the city a ways into the country and find tons of old FJ's, scouts, and broncos that are just begging to be fixed up. Perhaps my next expense
Old 08-05-2003, 12:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 CLK430
Originally posted by DaBeze
Perhaps my next expense
sounds like a good investment, youll never get your money back out of it, but its so much fun. because my FJ40 wasnt that nice, i just beat the sh*t out of it. it spent more time off-road than on, and it was my daily driver i feel sorry for the kid that bought it from me.....:o
Old 08-05-2003, 01:40 AM

C230
Car looks really nice! Diggin the rims and custom interior. Btw, what's Alcantara anyways? I don't know what it is, but judging from the pictures I think I'm liking it. :-D
Old 08-05-2003, 02:46 PM

It is a synthetic seude I believe. Kleemann uses the same material in their custom interior as well. Its great, has the feel of seude leather but unlike leather it doesnt get hot in the summer and not too cool in the winter