C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Please help me out!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2003, 12:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please help me out!

I am in the state of deciding which c-class to get, of course... with the best value... I am deciding upon the c320 sports sedan and the c320 coupe. I like the coupe style, but it seem like it lack too much option, especially I hate that they don't have the chrome handles... Also, what I hate about the sedan is that the steering wheel, it's not like the c320 coupe, plus... no panaroma sunroof... it just that I like both of them... but none of the options come together... correct me if I got anything wrong... so that I won't be mistaken... thx! give me your comments on it too!
Old 08-18-2003, 12:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
You're right about the panorama roof not being available on the sedan. Of course, you could step up to the E class, and get one there.

I wouldn't base my decision on the chrome handles. They may even be swappable (haven't heard of this, just a thought). Now, the option of getting the panorama roof is something that would give the edge to the coupe; it's a great feature.

In short, if you don't NEED 4 doors and don't put more than one passenger in your car frequently, I'd get the coupe. Its design is more flexible, and is slightly less fuddy duddy (technical term).
Old 08-18-2003, 01:02 PM
Banned

C230K
I believe you can get aftermarket chrome door handles for the coupe. I've seen chrome covers that just go over your existing ones. They also have them for the side mirrors. I would get the coupe. Everyone has a sedan. Put a supercharger on there and you'll have the first C32 AMG-ish coupe in the states!!!
Old 08-18-2003, 01:05 PM

Yea... that's why I am going more for the coupe instead of the sedan... however, the coupe is missing alot of stuff... from the sedan... like the charcoal filter, wood trim on side door... maybe after all these thinking... I am going for more of a sedan than coupe... I still can't decide yet... By the way, can the comand system play mp3 discs? or can the DVD comand system play mp3 discs? I know that I can switch the front grill to the coupe style, which I like best... also... ummm... throw in more ideas for me plzzzz! me so desperate...
Old 08-18-2003, 01:06 PM

I was thinking that the engine that the put the supercharged on is different... is it or is it not??? cuz they said it's handcraft..
Old 08-18-2003, 01:13 PM
Banned

C230K
Originally posted by turtle
I was thinking that the engine that the put the supercharged on is different... is it or is it not??? cuz they said it's handcraft..
There are ways of doing anything! If they can put a turbo on a C230 Coupe, they can put a SC on a C320 Coupe. I don't know of anyone that's done it yet, but someone will. As far as wood trim, you can get that aftermarket too. Possibly cheaper than a factory option. I don't believe any of the factory units play MP3's. Double check this, but I'm pretty sure you'll have to go aftermarket for that.
Old 08-18-2003, 01:35 PM

Anyone know if I am able to fit the coupe grill on the sedan?? and can I get the factory to give me a flat badge instead of the raise one??

Also, does the sports sedan got the chrome tailpipe?

BTW... do u think I am asking too much or looking for a car that is too personal???
Old 08-18-2003, 01:49 PM
Banned

C230K
BTW... do u think I am asking too much or looking for a car that is too personal???
You can never ask too many questions turtle and the desire to have a car that is personalized is what has made the aftermarket industry so huge. I will warn you that someone will come along shortly and tell you to STFF.
Old 08-18-2003, 03:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The coupe grille will not fit on the sedan. However, there is a similar aftermarket grille for the sedan. You can buy the flat badge from several sources.

The Sports Sedan does not have a chrome exhaust tip. Again, there are after market tips.

The handcrafted supercharged engine is the AMG engine used in the expensive C32 AMG sedan. The engine is also used in the C32 AMG coupe, but that is not sold in North America.

Neither COMAND not the cd changer can play mp3's. The dvd COMAND is not available on the C class.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
asdf
Yea... that's why I am going more for the coupe instead of the sedan... however, the coupe is missing alot of stuff... from the sedan... like the charcoal filter, wood trim on side door...
I never use the charcoal filter at all. Don't know about anyone else. It seems to lower the strength of the air coming in whenever it's on. I mean, MB's system is already crappy enough. It's so frustrating trying to cool down my car in this hot Southern CA weather. I always set it on "LO" and blast the fan way up to get a decent amount of A/C. The charcoal filter makes it even more difficult to cool down my car . Or maybe I'm using it wrong
Old 08-18-2003, 06:09 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Originally posted by eyuan23
Or maybe I'm using it wrong
Does wonders on those Skunk and Diesel odors in my neighborhood.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
Also, does the sports sedan got the chrome tailpipe?
Not now, but I think it will have one in the near future. That is supposed to be part of a mid-year facelift coming for the C-class early next year. I guess it depends on how long you want to wait when you can just buy an aftermarket chrome tip.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:33 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by eyuan23
I mean, MB's system is already crappy enough. It's so frustrating trying to cool down my car in this hot Southern CA weather. I always set it on "LO" and blast the fan way up to get a decent amount of A/C.
seriously why does MB suck when it comes to air conditioning and stereos?

i too have to put it on LOW or else its not even cool. its like warm lol.
Old 08-18-2003, 07:56 PM

I thought the sound on mb was pretty nice, since it comes with 10 bose speakers... can canyone tell me their experience with the woofer... can it compare to a 200w aftermarket kenwood 12" subwoofer?? Cuz my mom own a E class, and I think the a/c and sound rocks! BTW... I am planning to get my C class at next year's march-july... it really depends... cuz 03 car is already old... so I am kinda looking toward to 04 mb's ... I hope that they have different style for sport sedan...

also... do u know what's the difference between the sports sedan and the sedan... except the fact that they tell u the springs are more tough??
Old 08-18-2003, 08:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2010 C300 4matic
If you're waiting till at least March, the facelift should definitely be out by then. The changes won't be dramatic. It's just a facelift and not a new model. And by that time, you probably won't be able to find any '03's anymore.