C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

The Wait is Killing Me!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Wait is Killing Me!!

Hi Everyone

I'm currently waiting for my C-coupe (mid-June)...

Specs:
-Black
-Shift6
-[C1] [C4] [C5] [C7] + Change6

I'm getting really tired of waiting and its only been 2weeks...
Need some support to wait this out! Anyone willing to let me borrow their's until I get mine?

-thanks-
Old 03-07-2002, 10:43 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
Wow... you certainly got everything on that car... nice...
Old 03-07-2002, 11:17 PM

2002 C230k
I talked to the salesguy on mine today and he's still hoping for a late-April delivery. It seems they are expecting a production date to be scheduled on or around the 14th, so I should have a better idea next week on when it'll be here!
Old 03-07-2002, 11:34 PM
Almost a Member!

Mine is in the United States..... should be in my garage in the next two weeks.... I have been waiting 6 months. I am ready.

Black
Auto
C1
C5
C7
K2b
Old 03-08-2002, 08:36 AM

Exclamation 2 weeks? Hah!

I ordered mine on 10/26/01. Last word says "late March". I'm getting so pissed off now, that I'm thinking of telling my dealer to stuff it if the car ever *does* get here. There are lots of other cars out there.

If there's anyone in the Chicago area that wants an Orion/Oyster C4, C5, C7, CD Changer C230, there might be one available - again, if it ever gets here.
Old 03-08-2002, 09:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 c230k
If any of you do die, can I have you car?
I'd love a spare!
Old 03-08-2002, 11:23 AM

I know how you feel about the wait... it's been 2 months for me. They're expecting mid April delivery for me, but I've just been *itching*. So I went and test drove a couple of Saab Viggens this last week Daaaaaaamn. That car is fast.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:27 AM

Awaiting a new arrival...
I realize order times can be excessive and the wait long, but if you were ordering a car based on a future allocation, dependant on where the dealer slots in you configuration of your car, the wait may be right on. I ordered my car specifrically based on a March allocation that will arrive in April. I knew my wait would be 3-4 months. If you ordered a car and weren't told where it was slotted, I feel for you. If all of the cars before yours in their allotment were already spec'd for someone, then it explains the wait times a bit better. I visited a dealer 3 weeks ago that had a slot I could still change and arrive before the car I have ordered, so dependant on what the dealer has available to change may or may not play into your favor.
Old 03-08-2002, 11:53 AM
sal

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Ordered mine early Feb, spoke to dealer and they told me my car has already been built, how long from that point does it take to get here, they told late march early april, does that sound about right or are they pulling my chain?
Old 03-08-2002, 12:03 PM
Almost a Member!

CL203,

yes the wait sucks but once the car arrives it is so worth it, got mine just before XMAS - best car I've owned, I grin every time I drive it

Which leather did you order? if it's oyster then you car will be the twin of mine.

Hang in there and no you can't borrow Mine:p
Old 03-08-2002, 01:26 PM

slcvr6,

I realize that the wait time may be in line with a later allocation, but I was never given that information up front. I am, of course, partially responsible for not finding out the full story on my own, but the dealer was being a little tricky when he said "usually about 60-90 days". Caveat emptor and all that.

I think that I'm gonna go test drive one of those new Acura CL-S 6-speeds, just for fun. If only the proper wheels were driven...
Old 03-08-2002, 01:29 PM

Awaiting a new arrival...
Sounds to me like your allocation went to someone else more than likely. If the initial quote was 60-90 days and its been more than that, someone else is probably enjoying your car, which in turn they have reordered for you...Get on your dealer!
Old 03-08-2002, 02:00 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Originally posted by Mapman

I think that I'm gonna go test drive one of those new Acura CL-S 6-speeds, just for fun. If only the proper wheels were driven...
There's no car like the Mercedes, but to be honest, if I had had to wait 6 months (!) I'd most likely be driving a different car today, too
Old 03-08-2002, 05:28 PM

Originally posted by columbus

There's no car like the Mercedes, but to be honest, if I had had to wait 6 months (!) I'd most likely be driving a different car today, too
Well, the Merc fits the bill best, but my 4+ months' wait is getting to me. Only time will tell, but one of the things that is really cheesing me, is that I wanted a car for at least *some* of the winter (my current car stays garaged for the duration, with only rare forays out into the slop), so that I could avoid sharing the CR-V with my wife. The -V is nice enough for what it is, but it definitely *isn't* much fun to drive!

Now winter is ending here (its 63F right now), and I'm still waiting.

Ah, well. It's my own damn fault. Time to give the dealer another call!
Old 03-08-2002, 10:21 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Is it just me, or is "www.carsdirect.com" a good way to get your driving gloves on the wheel of the car of your dreams real fast?

I went to the website, the rep called me back, and next day he called again to say he'd located the car with my choices, bound for a dealer near me; it was still on the boat on its way over from Bremerhaven, Germany, and it would be about 3 weeks.

Turns out I drove it home in a little under two. Can't beat that, can you?
Old 03-11-2002, 06:20 PM

It's a TWIN

I got the Oyster lether... All black is too depressing! So you have anything planned for your's?

Rick
Old 03-11-2002, 07:39 PM
DrX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 ML320, 2003 A160
Originally posted by slcvr6
Sounds to me like your allocation went to someone else more than likely. If the initial quote was 60-90 days and its been more than that, someone else is probably enjoying your car, which in turn they have reordered for you...Get on your dealer!
I took delivery last week of a car I ordered in August. During the test drive the sales manager told me that they had an October-build car they could still change the specs on, expect delivery in late Nov/early Dec. I ordered the car the following week. 3 months later I called them to find out when they were expecting my car, they told me that my car was December-build!

Really p**sed-off, I accused them of selling my car to someone else or stuffing up the order & refusing to admit it. I told them to cancel the order, I'd buy elsewhere. The sales manager assured me that they place orders in strict sequence and don't reallocate. I was skeptical but had him show me the original purchase order, dated 8/01 showing "December 2001" build date.

His only explanation was that 4 other orders were placed in the week between my test drive and decision to buy. They only get 3 per month.

Tip: on the day you place your order, find out exactly when your car is being built, and get a conservative estimate of how long it takes for delivery. It's better to have your car come earlier than you hoped than to be waiting impatiently a week or two afterwards.

In the end, car was finished by 20/12/01 in South Africa.
14/2/02 ship arrives in Brisbane
26/2/02 car at the dealership
4/3/02 we are enjoying our new C-class

Anticipating owners, I hope you don't have to wait 6 months.
Old 03-11-2002, 07:45 PM
DrX

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2002 ML320, 2003 A160
Originally posted by slcvr6
I took delivery last week of a car I ordered in August. During the test drive the sales manager told me that they had an October-build car they could still change the specs on, expect delivery in late Nov/early Dec. I ordered the car the following week. 3 months later I called them to find out when they were expecting my car, they told me that my car was December-build!

Really p**sed-off, I accused them of selling my car to someone else or stuffing up the order & refusing to admit it. I told them to cancel the order, I'd buy elsewhere. The sales manager assured me that they place orders in strict sequence and don't reallocate. I was skeptical but had him show me the original purchase order, dated 8/01 showing "December 2001" build date.

His only explanation was that 4 other orders were placed in the week between my test drive and decision to buy. They only get 3 per month.

Tip: on the day you place your order, find out exactly when your car is being built, and get a conservative estimate of how long it takes for delivery. It's better to have your car come earlier than you hoped than to be waiting impatiently a week or two afterwards.

In the end, car was finished by 20/12/01 in South Africa.
14/2/02 ship arrives in Brisbane
26/2/02 car at the dealership
4/3/02 we are enjoying our new C-class

Anticipating owners, I hope you don't have to wait 6 months.
Old 03-12-2002, 07:37 AM

Just about identical story, August order on dealer, November order on plant, December build, ship docked beginning of Feb, picked up car on 13/2/02 from Brisbane MB. Standard 6 month wait.

If only the wait took as long as the sentence.

The car now one month old, been in for wheel alignment to stop it pulling left and all is well.