C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

::ECS Tuning:: W203 C230 H&R Coilover Kit

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-01-2014, 01:23 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 SLS AMG
::ECS Tuning:: W203 C230 H&R Coilover Kit

Click HERE to order or for more information.

Only $1185.95*

H&R Street Performance Coil Overs are the perfect suspension solution for discerning drivers who can appreciate the awesome handling and superb ride comfort. Each coil over shock is custom valved to work in conjunction with a precision-engineered progressive rate spring, creating a finely tuned suspension system. The fully threaded shock body allows for adjustable vehicle height. This feature helps balance vehicle weight, resulting in a lower center of gravity and improved performance and control.

H&R Street Performance Coil Overs are precision-engineered and manufactured in Germany, so you know that when you install H&R suspension components on your vehicle, they will last for years to come.
This set of coil overs will lower your Mercedes-Benz between 1.2'' to 2.2'' in the front and 1.0'' to 2.0'' in the rear.
If you are replacing your standard shocks, struts and springs with this H&R Street Performance Coil Over kit, now would be a great time to inspect the rest of your suspension system and replace any parts that are showing signs of wear. ECS Tuning offers a complete line of suspension components for your Mercedes-Benz, so you will never have to compromise when it comes to ride quality or driving dynamics.

*Price subject to change.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:05 PM
TTR

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
R129 SL500 & W140 S500
I'm guessing this isn't specific to just C230s?
Old 04-02-2014, 07:45 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by azn.ttr
I'm guessing this isn't specific to just C230s?
azn.ttr,

No, the coilover kit is not specific to C230 models. The coilover kit will fit the following cars:

C230 (2002-2007)
C240 (2001-2005)
C320 (2001-2005)

This kit is for rear-wheel-drive cars only, and will not fit cars with 4Matic.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to post or send a PM!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:56 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
W209 CLK Renntech Widebody, C140 CL600 V12, AP2 S2000, NSX Twin Turbo, R8 V10
Will the W203 kit fit W209?
Old 05-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Nero Tenebre
Will the W203 kit fit W209?
Nero Tenebre,

No, this kit does not fit the W209 cars. This kit only fits the following vehicles:

C230 (2002-2007)
C240 (2001-2005)
C320 (2001-2005)

There are W209 coilover kits available on our site. You can get to our site HERE and then find the coilover kits by selecting your year, make and model. Then go to Suspension --> Coilovers on the menu on the left side of the screen.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please feel free to post or send a PM!
Old 06-30-2014, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 C230 Coupe
I have a big struggle. I may be in the need of suspension parts and I'm torn between a H&R spring and shock combo vs coil overs. I live in Canada and the winters here aren't too bad can be nasty at times. I'm wondering is there any clearance issues or things I need to be aware of choosing one over the other. I find everywhere I go for information it's too vague for me to make a decision but in the end I don't want to regret it. If you can please help it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:55 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Originally Posted by Red Coupe
I have a big struggle. I may be in the need of suspension parts and I'm torn between a H&R spring and shock combo vs coil overs. I live in Canada and the winters here aren't too bad can be nasty at times. I'm wondering is there any clearance issues or things I need to be aware of choosing one over the other. I find everywhere I go for information it's too vague for me to make a decision but in the end I don't want to regret it. If you can please help it would be greatly appreciated.
Red Coupe,

The one thing to keep in mind is that with Coilovers you have the ability to adjust the ride height.

We are in Northeastern Ohio, and know exactly what you mean about the winters getting nasty at times. Having a car that has a low ride height that cannot be adjusted can mean big trouble if you get caught in a blizzard.

My advice would be to go with Coilovers and when winter comes, crank 'em all the way up, throw on a set of good snow tires, and drive with confidence.

We offer Coilovers for your car from some of the best manufacturers. You can get to them on our site by clicking HERE, or by clicking on the photos of the Coilovers below.

I hope this information helps you make a decision, and if there is anything else I can answer for you, please feel free to post or send a PM!
Old 07-01-2014, 09:05 AM

2002 C230 Coupe
I have a few more. What is the difference in ride quality. I have been told that coil overs can be bouncy while the spring and shock combo is smoother. Can you shed any light on that? Also are there any other modifications that I would need to do to install either of these setups. Such as wheel spacing, etc.

Thanks again.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:29 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
I have a few more. What is the difference in ride quality. I have been told that coil overs can be bouncy while the spring and shock combo is smoother. Can you shed any light on that? Also are there any other modifications that I would need to do to install either of these setups. Such as wheel spacing, etc.

Thanks again.
Red Coupe,

Any time you lower a car, you are going to change the ride quality. A lower ride height means less travel in the suspension, and the stiffer dampers used when lowering a car do not improve the ride. They will, however, improve the driving dynamics of the car.

Coilovers can be a bit bouncy, but this can be changed somewhat with raising the ride height until you feel the ride improve to your satisfaction. Coilovers like the Bilstein PSS9 System for you car a fully adjustable. You can adjust the ride height as well as the valving on the dampers to dial in the perfect ride for you.

As far as the Spring and Shock combo being smoother, this is subjective. It really depends on which parts you choose. If you go with H&R Springs, but use stock shocks, you will get a somewhat smoother ride, but the shocks will not last as long as they would had you used shocks that are designed for lowered cars.

A shock / strut like the Bilstein B8 Sport is valved to be stiffer than stock, and also has a shortened shaft to accommodate lowering springs.

As far as additional components that you would need when installing this, I would, at the very least, change the front strut mounts during the install. If you are going to put coilovers on your car, don't use your old, worn out strut mounts.

With wheel fitment, the need for spacers, etc... This is again subjective. Depending on how much you are going to lower your car, you may need to roll your fenders to prevent rubbing if you are running a larger than stock wheel. This is something that will have to be determined by you during the install because this is all based on how big your wheels are, how low you want the car, and whether you go for springs / shocks or coilovers. If you want the flush look, spacers will be the way to go, but this can affect fitment, and require changes be made to ride height, and the fenders. This really comes down to what you want your car to look like.

I hope this info helps shed some light on this for you, and if there is anything else I can help out with, just let me know.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:25 PM

2002 C230 Coupe
Thanks so much you've been a great help. I'm trying to be as cost effective as I can due to the age of the car mixed with what I hope it turns out as. I'm not looking to spend a ton on a car that isn't worth much at its age and mileage. I'm looking for reliable and useable since it's my commuter to school and work. What in your opinion is the best bang for my buck as far as coil overs are concerned? I'm still leaning more towards the Spring and shock combo as they are currently on sale right now and install would be very straight forward. The only thing I'm very hesitant about is how low it will be as I have to choice in the matter with spring and shocks. I understand the adjustability does come at a price but if it's not 100% necessary then... Again I really appreciate the help, knowledge and speed of the replies. I plan to do the work myself to save money.
Old 07-01-2014, 12:43 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

2012 SLS AMG
Thanks so much you've been a great help. I'm trying to be as cost effective as I can due to the age of the car mixed with what I hope it turns out as. I'm not looking to spend a ton on a car that isn't worth much at its age and mileage. I'm looking for reliable and useable since it's my commuter to school and work. What in your opinion is the best bang for my buck as far as coil overs are concerned? I'm still leaning more towards the Spring and shock combo as they are currently on sale right now and install would be very straight forward. The only thing I'm very hesitant about is how low it will be as I have to choice in the matter with spring and shocks. I understand the adjustability does come at a price but if it's not 100% necessary then... Again I really appreciate the help, knowledge and speed of the replies. I plan to do the work myself to save money.
Red Coupe,

Honestly, if it were my car, I would go for the H&R Coilovers. They are reasonably priced for a high-quality product, and give you the versatility you will need to raise and lower the car. Since this car is a year-round driver, you will be glad you are able to lift it up a little in the winter.

The ride the H&R Coilovers provide is just fine for daily use, and you will definitely notice an improvement in handling.

I would replace the Front Upper Strut Mounts while doing this job, since the only time you will have access to these is when you have the struts removed.

I hope this helps in your decision making process. If there is anything else I can do, let me know.