C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

pulling to the right? was it fixed.. if it was..please give details

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-23-2002, 10:06 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pulling to the right? was it fixed.. if it was..please give details

This is the 3rd time i have taken my car in to fix the problem of pulling to the right. this last time, they just aligned it agian and it still pulls to the right on all road surfaces except on the left most lane, in this case.. it pulls tot he right first and then slowly pulls to the left...sometimes it goes dead straight but only on the left lane.. so something tells me my pulling to the right problem is not fixed..

on top of that..the other dealer had already aligned it 1 time .. so this dealer tried to make me pay for it since there is only 1 free alignment.. i was like..shizzle ma nizzle.. i didn't pay for the pull to the right option... so i shouldn't be charged.. i argued for an hour and finally they removed the charge....

so if any one had this problem before... please be kind enough to pull out your receipts to see what they did.. i know alignment is not fixed my problem.. there is something else that needs to be done....
Old 03-23-2002, 12:14 PM

C32 AMG
Pull to the right option

Mine came with this option installed, also. They have the car in the shop now. Alignment hasn't fixed it so they are going to try fitting a new set of front tires (on their dime). I'm glad they are taking it seriously.
Neil
Old 03-23-2002, 01:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Fuzzo,

My receipt does not say anything useful on this issue. I'm sorry. Next time I'm in for service, I'll ask. I'm now on a first name basis with the Shop Forman and the Service Manager.

I'm not one to encourge law suits, but have you looked in the a lemon law case if you car is seriously pulling. Usually the same issue needs to be fixed 4 times with no improvement to have a strong case.

Good luck!

Beth

Last edited by galaxygrrl; 03-23-2002 at 01:23 PM.
Old 03-23-2002, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A lot of things can be causing the car to pull to the right. Although in Republican Orange County, CA that's normal. Swap the left/right tires because a non visible defect in the tire can do this. Also have them check each wheel bearing, maybe they didn't grease one and it's fried or a bad bearing. Also the brake caliper on one side may be getting stuck, have them check the rotation of each wheel so see if they are consistant. As a last resort have a large body shop check the specs on the frame to make sure it's not tweaked. Sometimes the car falls off the car carrier or boat while it's being loaded/unloaded, they repaint it and sell it as new. Just to make sure that it's not you (maybe one arm is longer than the other or your right side of your brain is stronger than the left) have someone else drive your car and see and drive the loaner and see if it pulls to the right.

Most cars do pull to the right because the road surface slants that way for drainage. Find a perfectly level road like an runway at a local airport and see if it still does that.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

thanks for the posts guys

i did drive the loaner and it drove absolutely straight..i was expecting it to pull to the right as well but it was just fine on the normal roads that i drive on... so using that as a basis, i drove my car on those exact same roads the loaner went straight in and it pulled to the right... i might go as far as saying that it is pulling to the right more than before...but that may also be in my head.. but it definitely is pulling to the right...
Old 03-24-2002, 12:41 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
Fuzzo, my dealer just adjusted my alignment. I complained of a slight pull to the right. The work order said:

406560 Wheel Alignment - Front and Rear, Check and Adjust...
322050 Front Stabilizer Bar, R&R/Replace if required...
406716 Frt. Wheel camber/caster -L/Side (Install kit if nec.) adjust.

They found my front end out of alignment, and they "8845 - aligned R&R Frt Sway Bar and replaced an L Caster Bolt." The car tracks fine, now.
Old 03-24-2002, 08:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2002 C240 6-spd (ret)
Re: pulling to the right? was it fixed.. if it was..please give details

Originally posted by Fuzzo
...This is the 3rd time i have taken my car in to fix the problem of pulling to the right. this last time, they just aligned it agian and it still pulls to the right on all road surfaces except on the left most lane...
Fuzzo, here are a couple of suggestions. First, have you had the service manager drive with you in your car? You need to get them to admit/acknowledge that there's a problem. If necessary, drive your car first and then a second vehicle to show yours is different. Then, tell them it's a waste of your time and theirs for you to keep bringing it back -- they can verify the correction as easily as you. Tell them you don't want it back until they make it right. Deal only with the service manager and make sure he is the one that verifies that it is right before you go and pick it up. Are you working with ASC? If it's Euro Motorcars, I know a service writer there who's pretty good...
Old 03-25-2002, 06:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks MarkL.. i think i will have a chat with the manager... half the time it just feels like i'm dealing witha brick wall with those guys and it's just easy to suck it up and deal with the damn car pulling to the right....

it's annoying coz they make it sound like this is the first they have ever heard of this problem and that I must be nuts.. they never say that this is a known/heard of issue with the C...
Old 03-25-2002, 06:55 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
I am suppose to get my car back mid this week. Pulling to the right is one of the problems. I will see if they have fixed it.