C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

just saw a new C-Coupe commercial...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-28-2002, 09:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
just saw a new C-Coupe commercial...

kinda in the background so i missed it but my eye caught the charcoal cloth pattern and i was drawn to it like a moth to the flame.

an attractive woman behind the wheel, an attractive guy in a room tosses a piece of paper thru the open panoramic moonroof. she opens it, and i didn't catch what it read, and she looks up, smiles, opens her glove compartment that reveals a ton of notes (that other people must have tossed in...) and adds the new note. she drives off as the voiceover (Joe Mantegna?) says something like, "the new c-class w/ the panoramic roof" "use it however you like" "value like no other" ??

i'm now going to leave my moonroof open and hope that attractive women start throwing love notes in... ooops.. shhh, here comes eileen...
Old 03-29-2002, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
did you catch the c class spirit commercial???

shows an older mercedes looking out the windows into a car crusher, and as it crushes down on the car you see different mercedes through time, and then the old car gets smooshed. joe chimes in saying something like the spirit never changes.

I still like the new G-class (funniest) adds and sl (most stylish) adds the best
Old 03-29-2002, 03:32 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
I think the new SL commerical's music mixing is a little too busy.

I do like the C Class memory flash back spot. Haven't seen the new C coupe spot yet.
Old 03-29-2002, 03:46 PM

'05 c240 4matic wagon
Re: just saw a new c-coupe commercial...

Originally posted by young
kinda in the background so i missed it but my eye caught the charcoal cloth pattern and i was drawn to it like a moth to the flame.

an attractive woman behind the wheel, an attractive guy in a room tosses a piece of paper thru the open panoramic moonroof. she opens it, and i didn't catch what it read, and she looks up, smiles, opens her glove compartment that reveals a ton of notes (that other people must have tossed in...) and adds the new note. she drives off as the voiceover (Joe Mantegna?) says something like, "the new c-class w/ the panoramic roof" "use it however you like" "value like no other" ??

i'm now going to leave my moonroof open and hope that attractive women start throwing love notes in... ooops.. shhh, here comes eileen...
Reminds me of a friend of mine who was driving with his dad when they were cut off by some bozo. His dad got so steamed he tossed his (almost full) beer can out of the sunroof - ploof - into the bozo's sun hatch. Cheers!

PS - both weren't Mercedes Coupes...
Old 03-29-2002, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sounds like great entertainment. How do I set my Tivo to record MB commercials only?
Old 03-29-2002, 06:14 PM

2002 C230k
I've seen a bunch of M-B ads, but none have been for the coupe! I even watched tennis for an hour ot two just to see if it'd come on, but it never did...

Hey Pixmation, nice sig. I just ordered a new iMac yesterday!
Old 03-29-2002, 07:10 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
Originally posted by Buellwinkle
Sounds like great entertainment. How do I set my Tivo to record MB commercials only?
Set your TIVO to record some tennis NASDAQ 100 open. you can do a search. There are tons of MB commercials. I have seen them over 100 times this past week.

I would have gotten the new iMac if the resolution goes to 1280x1024. Maybe next version will do or have 17" special edition.

Old 03-29-2002, 10:42 PM

2002 Mercedes-Benz C230 Kompressor Sports Coupe
If someone can tell me when it will be on, I can grab it and digitize it into a file others can download...

I still personally feel that the best car ad ever was the original Porsche ad for the old 924 (maybe it was the 944)...

It showed a camera's view, low to the ground, driving down a windy road. No car was visible, but you heard the roar of a car. The camera winded itself through the spiny road.

The voice says something like "If you were a car... you'd drive fast."

The camera speeds up and goes even fast.

The voice returns to say"...you'd be a sports car."

At that point the camera drops 4 inches lower to the ground and the engine downshifts, revving high.

The voice comes back and says "...you'd be turbo charged."

The engine growl increases two fold and the camera goes even faster down the road.

The voice finally comes back and says "...and of course, you'd be a porsche."

At this point the camera does a 180 spin out... coming face to face with a bright red Porsche 924, which is also doing a reverse 180 right into the camera. Both come to rest, with the porsche straight on the road facing the camera. Everything is at rest. Fade out to porsche logo.

It gave chills like no other ad ever.
Old 03-29-2002, 11:34 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
still havent seen the new coupe ad, but i see the new m class one, and the g class one about 50 times a day.

every time i see the g class one, i cant help but laugh