C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

a car got stolen from my work parking lot

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 03-28-2002 | 10:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

a car got stolen from my work parking lot

A car was stolen from my working parking lot... it happened between 10 and nooon... and the car that was stolen was a suburban... i was shocked to hear that happening..specially in broad daylight in an office parking lot....

just last week... my coworkers IS300 was screw drivered... someone tried to pry the door handle wiht a screwdriver.. they managed to pop the handle out but didn't get any further than that... and the alarm never went off....

you would think by the sounds of this that I work in some rural BFE place.. but i work in downtown fairfax VA... it's crazy....

so my questions ends up being.. what in the world sets off the alarm on the C's and any car for that matter... does anyone know?
Old 03-28-2002 | 11:07 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
alarm

It will basicly only go off is someone breaks the window and tries opining the door from inside or trys to open the hood. Or if it gets towed. other than that u need an after market alarm so it can go off in and thunder stom or if u look at it wrong.
Old 03-29-2002 | 02:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My buddy's Harley Davidson Fat Boy was stolen out of our underground parking structure and it was parked next to the attendant/cashier and it was double locked (Fork and Ignition). If they want something they'll get it. Too bad for me they didn't steal my Harley I had then. After that I chained mine to his so that they'll have to take mine next time. Mine was a cheapy Sportster 1200 that I wanted to sell anyway.
Old 03-29-2002 | 02:49 AM
Almost a Member!

06 ML350; 05 Infiniti G35 Coupe
You should activate the tele-aid service, when the alarm goes off, they will call your contact number about 1 minute later.
One time, I try to use the mechanical key to open the door, the alarm went off right away, less than one minute, they contact me to see what was going on. In addition, they can use the GPS to locate your car if your car was stolen.
Old 03-29-2002 | 03:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Re: a car got stolen from my work parking lot

Originally posted by Fuzzo
A car was stolen from my working parking lot... it happened between 10 and nooon... and the car that was stolen was a suburban... i was shocked to hear that happening..specially in broad daylight in an office parking lot....

just last week... my coworkers IS300 was screw drivered... someone tried to pry the door handle wiht a screwdriver.. they managed to pop the handle out but didn't get any further than that... and the alarm never went off....

you would think by the sounds of this that I work in some rural BFE place.. but i work in downtown fairfax VA... it's crazy....

so my questions ends up being.. what in the world sets off the alarm on the C's and any car for that matter... does anyone know?
Holy ****... And Fairfax is considered one of the safest places on Earth... Fuzzo, where exactly do you work in Fairfax?
Old 03-29-2002 | 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I work right off the fairfax county parkway... in fairlakes... about 2 mins from the AMS buildings... doyou know where it is? I work at Datatel....
Old 03-29-2002 | 01:46 PM

2002 Lexus IS300 5-speed
TeleAid is something have to order with the car, right? Can it be installed later?
Old 03-29-2002 | 04:37 PM

Talking

Hey Pixmation

Couldn't help responding to your logo. Congratulations on your new iMac. Got mine around 4 weeks ago. Is that the greatest machine ever built or what?
Old 03-29-2002 | 04:55 PM

C230 K coupe Orion blue, Evo, prem leather roof, premium sound and cd changer, auto.
Re Teleaid

Teleaid will not help if the car gets stolen and subsequently parked underground or in some container cargo hold. I suggest you look into a "Boomerang" vehicle recovery system. Their web site is http://www.boomerangtracking.com