C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Positive posts about the C230

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c230k, black, auto, c2 (let the sunshine in), Bose, leather, and CD
Wyatt,

You know I was pretty excited to read this thread. I love my c230 more and more everyday. And I was pretty interested to see why other people do. But once again, you became the center of attention and topic of the thread was lost to painful banter.

If you want to join in the fun, by all means your welcome to, but please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks

Beth
Old 04-02-2002, 03:08 PM

2006 MB C230 SS 6spd, Navi
Originally posted by galaxygrrl
Wyatt,

You know I was pretty excited to read this thread. I love my c230 more and more everyday. And I was pretty interested to see why other people do. But once again, you became the center of attention and topic of the thread was lost to painful banter.

If you want to join in the fun, by all means your welcome to, but please don't ruin it for the rest of us.

Thanks

Beth
Beth,

1) I am unsure how I became the center of attention.
2) The thread and conversation carry themselves everyone here is an adult.
3) I too love my coupe, more than you can imagine. I have nothing but good things to say about it.
4) Here is my first and original comment:
Originally posted by WyattEarp
OK Tone, demeanor and facial expression....

Coming from a 2003 SL500 owner, are you sure he just wasn't being sarcastic?
and for that I get accused of maligning the thread, come on!
Old 04-02-2002, 03:11 PM

2002 C230 C7,C5
Smile

All I was trying to do was tell a story of a friendly "hello" from a fellow white/oyster Benz (albeit a more expensive Benz) driver, and hope that others would share in similar positive tales.

So...... do tell of recent compliments and/or driving experiences with your C. We have great cars (some minor issues notwithstanding).

BTW, I do sing in the shower. However, I haven't lost any teeth in a while, so I can't speak as to the existence of the tooth fairy.
Old 04-02-2002, 03:45 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
I sing in the shower, too. Now, let's get this one back on track.

I think it's nice that you don't see a Mercedes-Benz on every street corner. Sorta makes the encounters when they do happen more interesting.

I've seen people in their S-Class sedans ignore me... but I've also seen some who show an interest and share conversation at the stoplights, as described. I got a compliment once from a guy in his S regarding how they (MB) really hit a home run with the styling on the new C, which made me feel quite happy. I made sure to tell him how much I admired his S, and we both pulled away from the light, egos suitably salved.

I've found that most people who pay a compliment do so genuinely... Those inclined to be sarcastic generally won't waste their time, which suits me just fine.

As noted before, I think the rarity of the encounters emphasizes the "club" nature of the ownership experience. Benz owners tend to have more similar tastes and interests than not, IMO, and I chose to take any comments I receive with the high-level spirit in which they are usually offered... as a hello from another "club" member.

Life's too short to spend brain cells noodling through a perfect stranger's motivations.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 04-02-2002 at 08:08 PM.
Old 04-03-2002, 12:19 AM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
i see so many S/E/M classes everyday, and none of them every nod/chat/wave at me in my little coupe....

however today on the way to work (no i dont work for penndot.... where did that come from) a very nice gentleman, probably in his late 50s rolled down his window on his CL and said "nice car kid" and nodded. I said same to him, and then he preceded to beat me to the next 5 or so stop lights up roosevelt boulevard.

people in the real hi end mercedes seem to be much friendly then people in the middle type cars. When i was picking my coupe up (it was in the showroom) some old guy buying his third S class came into the office i was sitting in and congratulated me on my first merc.

damn i love my car
Old 04-03-2002, 05:58 PM

2002 C230 C7,C5
Going along with what greg230 said, it does seem to be those in the high-end Benzes that give the nods and "hellos." But, I also get nice comments and questions from those in well-maintained classic Benzes, as well. I suppose that this phenomenon exists because those people are more likely to be the enthusiasts. But, just yesterday, a nice older lady in an E320 was asking me all sorts of questions about my coupe. Maybe it's just that people are friendly in Texas.