C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

wax for C's..zaino? what kind do you use

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wax for C's..zaino? what kind do you use

Can people share what kind of zaino they use because I have heard that it's good. Can you also let me know where you purchase them from and what type

TIA
Old 04-24-2002, 11:44 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
K Car
I've been using zaino since I picked up my car in December. I've used the clay bar (Z18), the zaino wash (Z7), the pre-polish lok treatment (Z1) and the show polish (Z2). I ordered by downloading an order form from thier website:http://www.zainobros.com . There's lots of good information there with instructions on how to use their products. My opinion is that the results are comparable to Mequires, and the application is pretty user-friendly, although it is time consuming to do multiple coats.

Last edited by revstriker; 04-24-2002 at 11:47 AM.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

is there website the only place you can get this from? they don't have any local dealers? i suppose the prices on the website are fixed then... no deals on zaino
Old 04-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally posted by Fuzzo
is there website the only place you can get this from? they don't have any local dealers? i suppose the prices on the website are fixed then... no deals on zaino
It does say something about local dealers, but I know of none. They do ship pretty quick though. As far as deals, there is a thread about a group buy on the Details forum.
Old 04-24-2002, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
no deals that i know of but norm32 is trying to get a group buy together. see his thread in the detailing forum.

yeah, just order thru his website. there are regional dealers (still mail order though) but it's just as easy to order thru him and you get a free applicator for a certain amount of purchase! whoo hoo! (ps those applicators are not worth buying...)

don't forget the 100% fancy cotton white towels! if i had to buy 4 of those, everyone has to!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

would you guys say it's easier to use that maguires??

ps... i got 3 replies within 10 mins.. we have some cush jobs

j/k
Old 04-24-2002, 12:07 PM

2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster (hardtop current ly attached)
I order everything from Griot's Garage... great products, at least as good as MacGuires... and they sell stuff in kits with all the right accessories.

my car is Jet Black (not metalic), and their stuff keeps it shining and swirl-free, so I have NO problems with their stuff. I know the MB-branded products are all made by MacGuires (sp?), so they are also a safe bet.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:20 PM

M3
Some guy on the BMW E46 M3 forum did a test of ALL the waxes and polishes on the market. He sectioned off his hood and used a different wax/polish on each section.

He did this to 5 different cars. He then told the owners of all the cars to come and evaluate each spot on the car.

In the end, Zaino beat all the other polishes in shine. Klasse came a close second and was MUCH easier to apply than Zaino.
Old 04-24-2002, 12:26 PM

C250 Coupe 2012
I Decided to go with Meguiars, easy to fine and cost. Look at the following web site, might help.
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/gheumann/zaino_test/
Old 04-24-2002, 12:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
I too have read that website. Very good analysis IMO. Zaino is a bit expensive, but the shine really does last! If you are the type that only likes to polish/wax your car a couple of times per year, this stuff really works good. I have a black car, and my 3 coats of polish are now about 2 months old. It still looks good. Water still beads up, and it has a nice shine after washing.

Klasse came a close second and was MUCH easier to apply than Zaino
I haven't used Klasse (although I've heard great things about it), but please tell us what you mean by being MUCH easier than Zaino. I think Zaino is one of the easiest products I have ever used. The only draw back is the time between coats.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
i agree w/ rev. being the lazy guy that i am, i don't want to wax every month. so the polymers/acrylics have a big advantage. apply them a few times per year and i'm good. if you ask me if zaino looks better than maguires, i can't honestly say. they both look good to me (i used to use maguires before on my other cars)

personally, although zaino is easy to physically apply, it is time consuming. that is, 1 hour min of curing time. and it really works well if you have more than 1 coat (z2 + z5), or so i've been told and you need some hours between coats... so if you do several coats, it just takes time... remember the lazy part? in fact, i need to apply a few coats pretty soon as i haven't done it all winter. (edit: forgot to mention that they now have ZFX which is some sort of accelerant so you don't have to let it sit there for an hour before you buff it off. but i haven't used it so i don't have any more info other than the website's description.)

and zaino is expensive...

klasse seems to have the same advantages but is only 1 step, cheaper. and no waiting time. as soon as i run out of all the zaino, i'm going to try it out. (maybe a few years as i have stocked up! ) here's some more info...
http://www.properautocare.com/kla-16.html

Last edited by young; 04-24-2002 at 01:16 PM.
Old 04-24-2002, 01:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
I use Zymol. It works great in conjunction with Blue Coral car wash....doesn't strip the wax and keeps the shine going.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:01 PM
Almost a Member!

C230 Coupe
I use Zaino on my 230 coupe and Klasse & Blackfire on my other car. I have also started using the Zaino accelerator (ZFX). The accelerator definitely works (drying time about 15 min).

In terms of shine and durability, there is little difference betwwen the two. I do think that Zaino is both easier to apply and remove, particularly as compared to Klasse sealant.
Old 04-24-2002, 02:17 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Young, I too am lazy when it comes to polishing/waxing. :p I do try to wash (by hand of course) my car once a week. I will normally do the polish every 2 to 3 months. I have not tried the accelerator. Normally I apply the polish, go in and have a drink, and then go out and buff. It's VERY easy to buff off! You have to wait at least 8 hours (I think) between coats, so I normally repeat this process the next day. I like to apply at least two coats. You really can see a difference with the second coat.

I have used Mequires in the past on black cars, and it does work really well. As far as shine quality, I agree, it's hard to notice a difference (I have not done a side by side comparison though, and I've never used both on the same car so my opinion is admittedly flawed)

I have heard a lot of good things about Klasse, and I am interested in trying it. Of course, I have to get through my supply of zaino first.

In addition to these products, I use a California Duster every night. I really like the way this works. I also use mequires detail spray to clean up any finger prints, bird droppings, water splashes etc.
Old 04-24-2002, 06:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
C32 AMG
Originally posted by Big Dog
I use Zaino on my 230 coupe and Klasse & Blackfire on my other car. I have also started using the Zaino accelerator (ZFX). The accelerator definitely works (drying time about 15 min).

In terms of shine and durability, there is little difference betwwen the two. I do think that Zaino is both easier to apply and remove, particularly as compared to Klasse sealant.
So which do you think hides swirls better?
Old 04-24-2002, 11:28 PM

black on black 2k2-230k auto/c1/c5/c7/k2c/COMAND/TELEAID/Stage II HIDS
Originally posted by revstriker

In addition to these products, I use a California Duster every night. I really like the way this works. I also use mequires detail spray to clean up any finger prints, bird droppings, water splashes etc.
i have interior and exterior dusters, and never the twain shall meet, and i buy meguires #34 spot detailer by the case.... now i only hand wash my car twice a week!
Old 04-25-2002, 12:06 AM

C230 coupe 6sp
Depends on what color your car is, but I use a spray on wax and do it about once a month. My car is white, so there is not any visible difference between wax types/brands. It takes about 15 min to do the whole car, and if it gets on the black trim areas, it doesn't turn them white from the residue. Real easy to put on just the front of the car for bugs each time you wash it too.
Old 04-25-2002, 10:00 AM
Almost a Member!

C230 Coupe
So which do you think hides swirls better?

Hard to say whether Zaino or Klasse hides swirls better since one of my cars is a little older, however, based on what I've seen so far, I would have to say that Zaino is better at the job.

I don't have a home garage so swirls are a big deal for me. I have started experimenting with 3M swirl remover and am fairly impressed so far -- have only used it on portions of one car.
Old 04-25-2002, 08:49 PM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Q: What's better at hiding swirls?

A: Initially people thought that zaino was better at hiding swirls, but now alot people are finding that 10 plus coats of klasse SG will do an excellent job of hiding swirls.

Q: What's easier, klasse or zaino?

A: Zaino should only be used as a two step system. z1 and z2 need to be used together for the zaino system to be effective. With klasse, you can get away with using just AIO. People have found that AIO has limited durability on it's own. AIO will not last six months as klasse claims. AIO used in conjunction with SG will give you six months (at least) of protection.

AIO by itself is easier to apply than the zaino system. AIO with SG would make the zaino system easier to use. SG isn't hard to apply and remove if you know the tricks to using the product.
Old 04-26-2002, 01:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
David, it's too bad Sundin is out eh?

Meanwhile, I think my Wings are back in.
Old 04-26-2002, 08:53 AM

2002 C240 Classic - Orion Blue Beast!!
Originally posted by JustinTRW
David, it's too bad Sundin is out eh?

Meanwhile, I think my Wings are back in.
A Hockey fan!!!!!

It is too bad about Sundin. I'm at the point where I don't worry about injuries anymore. If the Leafs want it bad enough then they'll find a way to win regardless of who is playing. Last year they had Sundin and they still lost because they made too many careless mistakes. How they play is far more important than who plays.

I still think they'll win the series.

As for Detroit, what a comeback. Steve Yzerman is a warrior. BUT, the series isn't over yet. Van. will take game six. And in game seven, anything is possible.
Old 04-26-2002, 07:23 PM

c230 Coupe
tire treatments

what kind of tire treatments do you guys use? i use black magic gel.... and it tends to deposit itself on the body if a little too much is used.... any comments?
Old 04-27-2002, 12:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C32 AMG
I do not like the gels that make the tire shine too much, as if it were covered by vasoline. A friend of mine uses Meguires with great sucess. Don't put it directly on, apply it to an applicator first. This prevents mess and ensures you won't get it on the paint by spraying it. I'm forgetting which brands of tire dressing make the rubber turn brown after a couple weeks.

Word to newbies, don't get it on the tread. You could be going around a corner and lose grip!
Old 04-27-2002, 11:26 AM

c230 Coupe
i used to use it

yeah the meguires gel is good if you dont like 2 much shine, but i like the SHINE and it doesnt even come close to black magic