C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

AMG Illuminated Door Sills

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-16-2004, 11:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'09 911 C4S
AMG Illuminated Door Sills

Does anyone know if this is the correct code for the W203 AMG Illuminated Door Sills? Is it hard to install?

AMG Door Panels
A 203 680 29 35
Old 07-17-2004, 08:01 AM

Received 27 Likes on 9 Posts
S500 W223 2021
Use www.formymercedes.com

you will find the part in good price and full instruction of installation with pictures, it won’t take more than half hour to do the installation

Regards
Old 07-17-2004, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Thanks Much!
Old 07-18-2004, 10:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Originally Posted by Kev04C320
Does anyone know if this is the correct code for the W203 AMG Illuminated Door Sills? Is it hard to install?
AMG Door Panels
A 203 680 29 35
That might be for the C32 Sedan. But you wrote "Door Panels" ????

If you have the European C32 Coupe, or are modding your C230K Coupe or C320 Coupe to AMG stuff like me, the part # is:
A 203 680 33 35

Also, check with Harris of Harton Motor Werks (do a thread search),
for custom lettering, and easy installation instructions, and much cheaper prices than the dealer.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Carlos,

I have a C320 Sport Sedan and I'm not sure I should get it directly from MB or get it from any vendor. I'm all too confused right now

The part number that I quoted was obtained from the AMG catalog and it stated that the front 2 are illuminated and the rear 2 are not. I also misquoted it, it says "Door Sill Panels" on the catalog
Old 07-18-2004, 11:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Carlos,

I have a C320 Sport Sedan and I'm not sure I should get it directly from MB or get it from any vendor. I'm all too confused right now

The part number that I quoted was obtained from the AMG catalog and it stated that the front 2 are illuminated and the rear 2 are not. I also misquoted it, it says "Door Sill Panels" on the catalog
I believe the dealer price for these things is about $375-$400.
The ones sold on eBay and elsewhere install on top of your original ones.
They don't look as good as if you replaced them with the ones currently on your car.

The ones sold by Harris (Harton Motor Werks) are original MB sills, customized (if you want) and sent with easy instructions to install yourself. You remove your old ones, do the wiring, and install the new ones. There are pics somewhere in these threads. Do a search.
You are correct the front 2 are illuminated, the rear 2 are not. I don't have a Sedan, but I'm sure someone has figured out how to illuminate the 2 rear ones too !

By buying them from the dealer, you probably pay a bit more, especially if you have them install them too. They would take care of all the wiring and such, but I'm not sure if they just install over the originals, or replace them the way Harton does. ??? anyone know ????

Hope this helps !
Old 07-18-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
mine are OEM MB illuminated sills. the ones you find on the MB website. the advantage to these is if there are any defect they are covered under warranty. an original MB sill modded to illuminate will not be. the advantage to these is they will fit just like an original sill instead of sitting on top of the original sill like the OEM illuminated sills.
Old 07-18-2004, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Thank you so much for your input. This forum is really a life saver. I'll contact Harton and see how much they charge if I want to swap to a Carlsson logo with the pegasus.
Old 07-18-2004, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Exclamation Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills

Mr Kev04C320:

Front and rear door sills look on a high light intensity environment (like in the middle of the day, when door sills will not lit due to the surrounding high light environment --detected by light sensor--)

Front and rear door sills look on a low light intensity environment (door sills lit due to the surrounding low light environment --detected by light sensor--)

Close up of illuminated rear door sill

Close up of illuminated front door sill

A little foot note to the sills:

Rear door sills are not your "clip ons" you can buy on other websites, they are custom made by Mr Harris from http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com

Front door sills are the OEM Mercedes Benz product

Cost of installing them????... whelp???? I had them both done at the Mercedes Benz dealership, so the cost to install them was actually MORE than the cost of the sills themselves (they were both installed the "Mercedes Benz" way... which means dismantell half the car and route power from the rear to the front of the vehicle. There is a "flip" side to this though... there are instructions provided and there are many members on the board whom have actually done the work themselves on their own cars... there are even instructions posted how to "do it yourself" out there... Mr Harris from http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com WILL provide you with the set of instructions actually... he even insisted to give them to me... however, in my case, all I asked if the custom rear ones "could be installed the Mercedes Benz way" which Mr Harris responded with a cool "Yes they can!"... though is not price recommended. Time to install by the dealer 3.5 hours each time (3.5 hours for the front, 3.5 hours for the rear... again, had all 4 been installed at the same time, it would have been only 3.5 hours for all 4)

If I had installed all 4 door sills at the same time, then the price of installation would have not been price prohibitive. I basically was charge TWICE to install the sills... the first time for the fronts... and the second time for the rears (as in each instance the car had to be basically dismantelled --panels, etc, etc-- to rout epower for the sills)... I was not able to take pictures of the work as the local M Benz dealership for "legal" reasons would not allow me to...

Door sills illuminate based on the section of the car... front doors illuminate each door independently from each other only if the door is opened, on the rear, sills will illuminate only if the rear doors are opened (same as the front/rear dome light). On the front doors, there are separate ballast for each of the front doors... on the rear one ballast is used for both sills.

The good thing is that they (sills) are ALL there and work beautifly...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Mr Wiedermann,

Thank you so much for your pictures and your input about the sills. I'm definitely going to go with the illuminated sills made by Harton Motor Weks after seeing they did such a great job with yours. Since I'm not a really handy person, I will have the dealer install those for me after I swap my Euro Bi-Xenon and Electric Folding Mirrors.
Old 07-18-2004, 09:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb W203 Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills adventure continues...

Mr. Kev04C320:
Mr Wiedermann,

Thank you so much for your pictures and your input about the sills. I'm definitely going to go with the illuminated sills made by Harton Motor Weks after seeing they did such a great job with yours. Since I'm not a really handy person, I will have the dealer install those for me after I swap my Euro Bi-Xenon and Electric Folding Mirrors.
Not a problem!... If I had my choice I would have had all 4 door sills custom made by Mr. Harris from http://www.hartonmotorwerks.com (shame that Mr Harris doesn't live in LA, Ca!...lol)... in my case, I had the OEM installed by the dealership... and later I had the rear ones installed, I felt bad asking the dealership to rip off all their work on the front sills as the "Mercedes Benz" way is quite extensive... all panels/plastic door trims come off and power is routed from the rear SAM to the front of the vehicle. Again, like other members have mentioned, there are other methods to install the sills, just that those quicker methods are not the "Mercedes Benz" way... there are reasons "why" do it the M Benz way... however, that is ultimately up to the owner, in this case you.
If I have to choose, unless YOU are Mr Sunman who can take a car a part in seconds as he has dismantelled his car probably a million times now (he has a W203 sedan and knows that chassis better then Mercedes Benz does!...lol), then I would always recommend have the dealer do the work for you... just be prepared to pay the Mercedes Benz price ... ... (everything has its pros and cons...)

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-18-2004, 09:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
I'm ready to pay the price, because I want to sell my car at a price and be able to show the potential buyers that I take good care of the car (that means doing most of the things MB's way, EXCEPT for the BIXENON )
Old 07-18-2004, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Exclamation W203 Illuminated Front and Rear Door Sills adventure continues...

MR. Kev04C320
I'm ready to pay the price, because I want to sell my car at a price and be able to show the potential buyers that I take good care of the car (that means doing most of the things MB's way, EXCEPT for the BIXENON )
Good!!!... just make sure you post some pics before, during and after your project

Cheers!

Wiedermann