C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

cool feature

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-20-2004, 02:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 CLK 320
cool feature

Pressing the re-circulate air button, closes all the windows and sunroof. Now repressing that all the windows and sunroof go back to their previous position. This means each windows and the sunroof actually have a memory on the position. Now this is why you got to love German engineering. They take care of every possible scenario. I found out about this feature accidentally in the car manual. I am pretty sure lot of you already know about this. So now I am actually using this button to close all my open windows rather than pressing 5 different buttons.

I don’t think any of the Japanese "luxury" cars have this feature I might be wrong. I guess all they know is to copy whatever BMW and Mercedes does.

All the Japanese companies do in order to compete with German engineering is add a big engine, lot of insulation, and throw in some leather and fake wood (Acura) or wood used in Yamaha piano’s (Lexus) . Of course then they copy all the features that German’s have had in their cars for years and make it sound like a new invention. You know like the stupid Lexus ad on the remote keyless entry.

Just my opinion and some observations.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:28 AM

2005 C230
Smile

Dang are you serious? I've had mine for a month now and I didn't know this. I really should read the manual one of these days. I'm trying out this feature tomorrow!!!!!

Last edited by coconutpolito; 07-20-2004 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W209 - W163
Dont worry, I never read the manual, so when I found this out about my CLK, i was soooooo physced out!
Old 07-20-2004, 03:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Lightbulb Coolest feature on YOUR W203 (Previuslly posted on C32 AMG)

Mr. cracker123:
This was posted before, however... just in case here is goes for you guys...(Previuslly posted on C32 AMG)... though some features may depend on the type of options you have in your (car) built

What about....

-Closing all windows and sunroof at the touch of one button: (while driving).
While driving, if you have all windows opened, and even the sunroof, (with the either AC on or if you have just the ventilation on) if you hit the Recycling air button to turn it on (red light comes on), and hold it pushed, all windows that are opened and even the sunroof (if opened) will close! . (as said on this thread)

-If you did the previous test... if you press the circulation button again (ventilation or A/C must be on AND ventilation must be activated AND the previous step was done) and hold it down (to turn off recirculation), all Windows & sunroof will open up again to their previous position! (as said on this thread)

-Change/passing lane signal (3 blinks only)
If you touched the turner signal but without pushing it all the way through, the selected side (left or right) will blink 3 times (good for lane changes )

-Side mirror tilting on reverse's separate memory (3 settings)
Each seat memory can hold a different memory for the tilting when in reverse for the side view mirror

-Key change to unlock driver’s side door first, then the rest of the doors
Or it’s opposite to open all doors at once, both features that are user programmable!!!!

- Closing all windows and sunroof with the keychain
If you have all windows opened, and even the sunroof, if you push the close/lock button and you hold it down toward the Infrared sensor in the car, the car will lock, then close all the windows and sunroof (if opened)!.

- Opening all windows and sunroof with the keychain
If you have all windows closed (whether the car is locked or not), if you push the open/unlock button and you hold it down toward the Infrared sensor in the car, the car will unlock (if locked), then open all the windows and sunroof.

-Alarm "Chirp" when locking/unlocking your C32!
IF you have enabled the "Norway" setting... which is just a country code selected in the setting of the C32 --this is done by a technician at the dealer-- you can have your car "chirp" when you lock/unlock your vehicle . If you do activate this feature, depending on the "country code" the technician selects, sometimes, depending on the country code selected, the panic button will cease to function... solution???.. to have the correct country code selected that allows "chirping" and panic button to work

That is not co count depending on the type of equipment you have, they are other features Self leveling Bi-Xenons… the list goes on and on and on…blah, blah, blah…

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-20-2004, 09:01 AM

Well thank God that chirp is OFF by default....
Old 07-20-2004, 10:15 AM

05 CLK 320
Hey , I guess I know about the rest of the other features, the funny thing is that I did not know about this feature eventhough I had the 01 C240. I guess reading the manual once in a while helps.

One more question, what button lets you cool down your car in summer and keep your car warm in winter. I tried to find this in the manual without sucess.
Old 07-20-2004, 10:25 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
It's called "TUNNEL MODE"
Old 07-20-2004, 10:26 AM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by cracker123
Hey , I guess I know about the rest of the other features, the funny thing is that I did not know about this feature eventhough I had the 01 C240. I guess reading the manual once in a while helps.

One more question, what button lets you cool down your car in summer and keep your car warm in winter. I tried to find this in the manual without sucess.
That's REST. The best feature ever if you live somewhere where it's really warm in the summer and really cold in the winter... second only to heated seats, because you only use those during the winter time...
Old 07-20-2004, 11:49 AM

05 CLK 320
There is no REST on the 05's is there. Becuase my car is like a oven in the summer.
Old 07-20-2004, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
where have you guys been? tunnel mode was one of those cool features we got in 2003. i lost it when i replaced my clima-knobby with climatronic.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:06 PM

05 CLK 320
what "TUNNEL MODE" , in the 05 manual it does not say how to activate REST.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:15 PM

CLK 320
Originally Posted by cracker123
what "TUNNEL MODE" , in the 05 manual it does not say how to activate REST.
Errmm... tunnel mode is what you just described. Hitting the recirculate button. I don't know if REST went away on all '05 models... I know there was a discussion about the Es, but I guess if you don't have a REST button then you don't have it.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
rest mode requires an extra pump, wiring, and hoses. Since this costs extra money, i would not be surprised to see it gone in 05
Old 07-23-2004, 08:20 AM

C350
Unlock driver side door only

How do you unlock the driver side door only ?

Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. cracker123:
This was posted before, however... just in case here is goes for you guys...(Previuslly posted on C32 AMG)... though some features may depend on the type of options you have in your (car) built

What about....

-Closing all windows and sunroof at the touch of one button: (while driving).
While driving, if you have all windows opened, and even the sunroof, (with the either AC on or if you have just the ventilation on) if you hit the Recycling air button to turn it on (red light comes on), and hold it pushed, all windows that are opened and even the sunroof (if opened) will close! . (as said on this thread)

-If you did the previous test... if you press the circulation button again (ventilation or A/C must be on AND ventilation must be activated AND the previous step was done) and hold it down (to turn off recirculation), all Windows & sunroof will open up again to their previous position! (as said on this thread)

-Change/passing lane signal (3 blinks only)
If you touched the turner signal but without pushing it all the way through, the selected side (left or right) will blink 3 times (good for lane changes )

-Side mirror tilting on reverse's separate memory (3 settings)
Each seat memory can hold a different memory for the tilting when in reverse for the side view mirror

-Key change to unlock driver’s side door first, then the rest of the doors
Or it’s opposite to open all doors at once, both features that are user programmable!!!!

- Closing all windows and sunroof with the keychain
If you have all windows opened, and even the sunroof, if you push the close/lock button and you hold it down toward the Infrared sensor in the car, the car will lock, then close all the windows and sunroof (if opened)!.

- Opening all windows and sunroof with the keychain
If you have all windows closed (whether the car is locked or not), if you push the open/unlock button and you hold it down toward the Infrared sensor in the car, the car will unlock (if locked), then open all the windows and sunroof.

-Alarm "Chirp" when locking/unlocking your C32!
IF you have enabled the "Norway" setting... which is just a country code selected in the setting of the C32 --this is done by a technician at the dealer-- you can have your car "chirp" when you lock/unlock your vehicle . If you do activate this feature, depending on the "country code" the technician selects, sometimes, depending on the country code selected, the panic button will cease to function... solution???.. to have the correct country code selected that allows "chirping" and panic button to work

That is not co count depending on the type of equipment you have, they are other features Self leveling Bi-Xenons… the list goes on and on and on…blah, blah, blah…

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-23-2004, 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
program your key. press and hold lock and unlock on your key until led flashes to confirm.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by va3wyu
How do you unlock the driver side door only ?
Originally Posted by sunman
program your key. press and hold lock and unlock on your key until led flashes to confirm.
Thanks Sunman !
that's a neat feature, I just tried and made work.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of info in the manual!
Old 07-23-2004, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
is rest mode only for the heater? How could it pump cold air during the summer if the car is off and the AC compressor isnt running?
Old 07-23-2004, 03:40 PM
Out Of Control!!

K Car
Originally Posted by psk145
is rest mode only for the heater? How could it pump cold air during the summer if the car is off and the AC compressor isnt running?
The rest mode will just operate the fan. It does not work in the summer. Even though it may initially blow cool air, this air will heat up in a matter of minutes (from the engine), and it will start blowing warm air. In the winter, this feature will continue to blow warm air (heated from the still warm engine) for something like 30 minutes once you shut off your car.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i like the rest mode though i will hardly use it living in Ca, but wish i still had tunnel mode on my climatronic.
Old 07-23-2004, 03:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2006 E55
Originally Posted by revstriker
The rest mode will just operate the fan. It does not work in the summer. Even though it may initially blow cool air, this air will heat up in a matter of minutes (from the engine), and it will start blowing warm air. In the winter, this feature will continue to blow warm air (heated from the still warm engine) for something like 30 minutes once you shut off your car.
Thats what I thought, but someone mentioned in an earlier post that it could be used to cool the car in the summer, and I got a bit confused
Old 07-23-2004, 04:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no it will blow initally the cold air still in the vents, but the air gets warm and humid fast.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2005 Volvo S40 T5 AWD, 2004.5 C230 Sport Sedan, 2005 E320 CDI, 2008 C300 4-Matic Luxury
btw, i just figured this out after reading this thread, to use 'rest' mode simply hold down the 'AC Off' button while your car is turned off until you hear the fan start blowing I NEVER KNEW!!!
Old 07-25-2004, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
I think I will read my book
Old 08-10-2004, 08:37 PM

2013 c300 4matic, 2002 c240
Originally Posted by inFiniTE LooP
btw, i just figured this out after reading this thread, to use 'rest' mode simply hold down the 'AC Off' button while your car is turned off until you hear the fan start blowing I NEVER KNEW!!!
or in some of our cars, to use 'rest' you press the 'REST' button. it is the same button that has 'EC' on it. difference? REST is for when the car is off, EC when the car is running.

btw, If you have the temp set at coolest temp, the REST in the summer will bring in cold air and no hot air from the engine even after a while [at least in my car] and visa versa up to an hour [or how long the computer determines REST could be used without draining the battery].

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: cool feature