C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Parktronic c32 install finished

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 09:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 96 Likes on 52 Posts
2015 E250D
Parktronic c32 install finished

Here is a link to the pictures posted by wiedermann when I did the PTS install on his c32. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=77127&page=2
Old 07-28-2004, 10:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NA
Exclamation W203 C32-AMG PTS Install in Ca by Sunman (Pics)

PTS parts

PTS parts: Sensors, strip, etc

Rear light with built in reading lamps and PTS rear display

Gutted car front

Pass door floor

Main computer

PTS main module on top of main computer

PTS Front harness

PTS Rear display.

PTS Rear display close up. New rear light unit comes with reading lamps

PTS Front display (on center dash grill)

PTS Front display close up (on center dash grill)

Dash strips with all buttons functional (second button from the left is the PTS swtich off)

New look on the front with Euro strips w PTS sensors (orange corner light went "bye bye")

Rear/side view of PTS strip/sensors

Rear/side view of PTS strip/sensors

Rear view of PTS strip/sensors

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 07-28-2004, 10:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
looks great mario. parktronic is my next project as well. ive been talking to sunman getting my parts list.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Question PTS Citron?

Mr. CitronC230K_03:
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
looks great mario. parktronic is my next project as well. ive been talking to sunman getting my parts list.
Good to see you are heading towards the PTS project on your mighty Citron beast! . Shame you weren't able to make it to the house to meet Mr Sunman himself

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-28-2004, 11:06 PM
Guest0001

Looks great! Nice work
Old 07-28-2004, 11:30 PM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
looks great man!! maybe if i get the bi-xenon one day you'll be able to do the install for me...
Old 07-29-2004, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
If you fly me there
Old 07-29-2004, 12:34 AM
Guest0001

Originally Posted by sunman
If you fly me there
So did you come to LA just for an install?
Old 07-29-2004, 01:39 AM

05 CLK 320
looks like sunman is going to be Steve's protege. Great job guys
Also Wiedermann, why is your interior always so glossy, what do you apply to that.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:47 AM
MBworld Guru

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
white and whiter
Originally Posted by cracker123
Also Wiedermann, why is your interior always so glossy, what do you apply to that.
body oil......

jk
Old 07-29-2004, 09:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 325i
Old 07-29-2004, 09:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2015 E250D
yes i flew there just for the install
Old 07-29-2004, 01:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. CitronC230K_03:

Good to see you are heading towards the PTS project on your mighty Citron beast! . Shame you weren't able to make it to the house to meet Mr Sunman himself

Cheers!

Wiedermann

yes i had to work all day. its been hectic at the office and i was unable to get out. i would like to stop by sometime and check it out in person. im piecing all my parts together. starting off with the switch row, then sensors and so on. my plan is to have it installed by Nov.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Exclamation PTS install additional comments!

Mr. cracker123:
Originally Posted by cracker123
Originally Posted by FrankW
body oil......

jk
After gaining my composure (if I had any!... LOL) after laughing so hard... yeah its body (baby) lotion!!.. .KIDDING!!!!.

The product I use is a product not available in the market, but there are comparable ones out there that you can get and use. The solution's main function is to repel UV rays thus repel heat, the glossing part is a "side effect"...

Mr. CitronC230K_03:

yes i had to work all day. its been hectic at the office and i was unable to get out. i would like to stop by sometime and check it out in person. im piecing all my parts together. starting off with the switch row, then sensors and so on. my plan is to have it installed by Nov.
No problem man, I know what is like to be busy.. shame that you could not get your parts along with me, then Mr Sunman would've probably been able to do both cars!!!...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-29-2004, 06:53 PM
Banned

Here is a link to the pictures posted by wiedermann when I did the PTS install on his c32. https://mbworld.org/forums/showthrea...t=77127&page=2
Why didnt you purchase the rear kit and just add the front parts. Would have saved several hundred dollars.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:55 PM
Banned

When you get your switch row make sure that you considered the interior motion sensor version if you plan to go that way also.

The rear kit is cheaper than the parts in total. Start with the W209 full kit and take it from there. It will get you more than half way.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. cracker123:
Mr. CitronC230K_03:

No problem man, I know what is like to be busy.. shame that you could not get your parts along with me, then Mr Sunman would've probably been able to do both cars!!!...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
mario, that would have been cool to have my PTS installed with yours. im buying the switch row from sunil on monday. where did you get your sensors painted. im hoping i can find citron that can be applied to the sensors. doesnt the paint have to be non-metallic? im thinking maybe a mercedes-benz collision center can paint them for me. ill wait to have everything painted once i get the rings, sensors, rubstrips etc.

BTW, ill be selling my current euro rub strips once i get my PTS installed for anyone who wants to buy them.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Guest0001

yes i flew there just for the install
Amazing! What an enthusiast!
Old 07-29-2004, 07:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Post PTS Options????

Mr. miroj (forgive me if you are a Miss, Ms... somehow I think you are a woman...):
Originally Posted by miroj
Why didnt you purchase the rear kit and just add the front parts. Would have saved several hundred dollars.
I have a particular way as to how I do things. As I have indicated before, I DO NOT necessarily endorse anyone to follow my methods... I just share the results of the process for other enthusiasts to look, make their judgment calls in case they intend to do the same... I know I have learned a LOT from many people on the forum... wayy to many to list and I rather not, cause I would offend those names that I would mistakenly omit... lol

There are many ways to do a retrofit/project/mod on a car and as I mentioned before my chosen method may or may not have been the least expensive.

Mr. CitronC230K_03:
mario, that would have been cool to have my PTS installed with yours. im buying the switch row from sunil on monday. where did you get your sensors painted. im hoping i can find citron that can be applied to the sensors. doesnt the paint have to be non-metallic? im thinking maybe a mercedes-benz collision center can paint them for me. ill wait to have everything painted once i get the rings, sensors, rubstrips etc.

BTW, ill be selling my current euro rub strips once i get my PTS installed for anyone who wants to buy them.
I got my sensors painted at my local body shop.

You want to be careful and make sure the body shop you choose KNOWS what it's doing. If the paint the sensors wrong you can potentially lose there over than a thousand bucks on sensors alone!.

You don't need to worry about Citron or finding the "paint". If your body shop chosen is a reputable one, with the color code of your car they will match up the paint themselves (metallic, non metallic, stealth technology, nano, babo, poopoo, etc ).

I was in Vegas and told my shop over the phone "those sensors you should have on your desk now, I want them painted on XXXX car color"... when I came back from Vegas, I stopped by and picked them up... the color?? absolutely right!!... just know your paint code!!!

IF you want to use my shop, it is in Thousand Oaks, they know me and they are super cool... I just need a DNA sample from you and blood... KIDDING!!!... just give me a call if you want them to do it. BEFORE you call me, first find out how much you want to spend on your painting and I will tell you multiply that number by 4.. .here in Thousand Oaks nothing is cheap...lol (just call me man... )

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-29-2004, 07:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well mario, im spending ALOT of money to put PTS on my car. so, that being said i dont mind spending a little extra to have the sensors painted right, you know what i mean. once i get the sensors, and the rings and new rub strips, ill call you so i can hook up with your local body shop. i know paint code so thats no biggie.

btw, the switch row im buying from sunil has the vented/heated seat switches on them, its a reminder for me that CLK seats are my next project.
Old 07-29-2004, 07:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Wink CitronC230K_03's PTS project!

well mario, im spending ALOT of money to put PTS on my car. so, that being said i dont mind spending a little extra to have the sensors painted right, you know what i mean. once i get the sensors, and the rings and new rub strips, ill call you so i can hook up with your local body shop. i know paint code so thats no biggie.

btw, the switch row im buying from sunil has the vented/heated seat switches on them, its a reminder for me that CLK seats are my next project.
Mr. CitronC230K_03:

Not a problem!. I would suggest that as soon as you have your sensors, lets get them painted. They are the ONLY component that you will need painting... the strips come painted to match your car color from factory, no sweat on those (unless you buy "used" ones that may or may not be on the same car color you have).

Also, I would say, come by sometime and take a look at the system working... then you'll be beyond sold on it

The seats are your next project after PTS... what happened with the UHI phone system???... ahhhh!!... so many mods... so little time and money!...

Cheers

Wiedermann
Old 07-29-2004, 08:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

well i may do the UHI, next after PTS, but like you, oh so many mods! what do i do next. i didnt realize the strips came painted, but that would make sense. my euro strips came painted when i bought them. ill be getting the sensors in about 2 weeks and then ill hook up with you to check out your system in the real and get in contact with your body shop. im already sold on it, but like you said ill be beyond sold and bouncing like a little kid at x-mas for this thing. these forums are a bad habit. some people have crack habits, i have a modding addiction. i cant mod my car enough and each mod gets more and more expensive. im trying to catch the "high". i cant wait to check your system out in person. it looks great btw!
Old 07-29-2004, 08:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Talking CitronC230K_03's coming to Thousand Oaks??? OMG!

well i may do the UHI, next after PTS, but like you, oh so many mods! what do i do next. i didnt realize the strips came painted, but that would make sense. my euro strips came painted when i bought them. ill be getting the sensors in about 2 weeks and then ill hook up with you to check out your system in the real and get in contact with your body shop. im already sold on it, but like you said ill be beyond sold and bouncing like a little kid at x-mas for this thing. these forums are a bad habit. some people have crack habits, i have a modding addiction. i cant mod my car enough and each mod gets more and more expensive. im trying to catch the "high". i cant wait to check your system out in person. it looks great btw!
Mr. CitronC230K_03:

Coming to my town???... I have the whole city cleaned twice the day you come... ...LOL.

We'll coordinate better when you have your sensors...

Wiedermann
Old 07-30-2004, 12:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

i should have the sensors by the end of next month. ill call you once their in.