C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

2005 C230wz wheel help?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2004, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 C230wz wheel help?

I am looking to get a new set of wheels for my c230wz. I have searched high and low to confirm the fitment of a particular wheel. I have narrowed it down to the ADR sterling. They are 19"s with a 5x112 bolt pattern, and 38 offset. The shop tells me they will fit, but I am concerned about my brakes clearing. If you know anything about these wheels its would be a huge help. Thanks a ton

Dee
Old 09-15-2004, 03:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: San Diego, CA & San Jose, Costa Rica & Stuttgart, Germany
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1959 220S / 1979 230 G / 2002 A210 AMG / 2003 C320 SC / 2004.5 C320 SS / 2005 ML350 SE / 2008 smart
ask LUKE on the TIRERACK threads on this forum....
he can tell you what fitment fits with different types of brakes and offsets.

Everyone's wheel set-ups are different depending on offset, wheel size, brake calipers, bolt patterns, etc....
Old 09-15-2004, 07:57 PM
Banned

................ Bell Helicopter & '05 C230 SS
Originally Posted by demonkart
I am looking to get a new set of wheels for my c230wz. I have searched high and low to confirm the fitment of a particular wheel. I have narrowed it down to the ADR sterling. They are 19"s with a 5x112 bolt pattern, and 38 offset. The shop tells me they will fit, but I am concerned about my brakes clearing. If you know anything about these wheels its would be a huge help. Thanks a ton

Dee
I've been looking for rims for my car also and Tirerack doesn't carry ADR because he says the quality isn't good. I already decided on the Sterlings also !!!

Anaheim_Drew can get you the best price on those rims, just tell him I told you about him, he got me the best price. Reach him at https://mbworld.org/forums/members/13906-anaheim_drew.html

Last edited by PRHeloPilot; 09-15-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:44 PM
Almost a Member!

'04.5 C230K Sedan
The calipers on the brakes really aren't that huge so most wheels shouldn't have much trouble clearing them if the offset is correct. ADR's are junk. Step it up, you are driving a Mercedes
Old 09-16-2004, 12:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Boxer2Blower
The calipers on the brakes really aren't that huge so most wheels shouldn't have much trouble clearing them if the offset is correct. ADR's are junk. Step it up, you are driving a Mercedes
Not really, it is the opposite. Most wheels in the market (without adding spacers) DO NOT clear the front calipers on the C32 and sports sedan. You need wheels with an offset of ET33 or below to clear it safely.

The ADR part is true though.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:30 AM

So, in theory i can runa 35-38 offset with a 5mm spacer and should not run into clearance issues? Is there any concern about rubbing the fender wells?
thanks
Old 09-16-2004, 01:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by demonkart
So, in theory i can runa 35-38 offset with a 5mm spacer and should not run into clearance issues? Is there any concern about rubbing the fender wells?
thanks

Theoretically yes, but like I said before, "backspacing" is also an issue. And it is always recommended not to use any spacers.

With the correct tire sizes and a rounded sidewall design, you should be okay. But you have to be very careful in choosing tires.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:31 PM

Whats the difference? Isnt Offset and Backspacing reffering to the same thing? The mounting distance away from the centerline of the wheel?
Old 09-16-2004, 01:26 PM
Banned

Why do some people say that ADRs are bad ?
Have you had them before ?
What happened that you don't think they are as good as other rims ?

Please tell us so we don't make the same mistake. If it's a matter of looks or style or something like that, OK, but if they break or bend or the paint falls off, let us know !
Old 09-21-2004, 04:43 PM
Banned

Still another case where we ask for advice after someone says a supplier (that doesn't advertise here) is bad, but nobody tells us why.

When you say some company or product isn't good, it's better for all here if you tell us why so we can make up our minds if it's true or it might have been something isolated with you.

BTW demonkart , after many weeks I also chose the Sterlings but they don't make the silver (TDC) anymore. I just received an email from them this morning :

----- Original Message -----
To: Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: Sterling - Chrome or TDC ??

We do not build the TDC finish anymore.

So it's back to square one to choose another style, unless you were thinking about the chrome Sterlings. I wanted the silver (TDC).
Old 09-21-2004, 04:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot
Still another case where we ask for advice after someone says a supplier (that doesn't advertise here) is bad, but nobody tells us why.

When you say some company or product isn't good, it's better for all here if you tell us why so we can make up our minds if it's true or it might have been something isolated with you.

BTW demonkart , after many weeks I also chose the Starlings but they don't make the silver (TDC) anymore. I just received an email from them this morning :

----- Original Message -----
To: Carlos
Sent: Tuesday, September 21, 2004 11:46 AM
Subject: Re: Sterling - Chrome or TDC ??

We do not build the TDC finish anymore.

So it's back to square one to choose another style, unless you were thinking about the chrome Sterlings. I wanted the silver (TDC).
A lot of the answers are personal opinions. Some feel that since we own Mercedes that we should use only certain products...... To each his own and with wheels it is really crazy IMO........ Wheels are like a lot of products made today, If I make a good product and have a proven history, your company might come to me and say hey design something for me in a high end line. So I make you a custom rim, with the same technology that attracted you to me in the first place, but now you stamp your name on it, charge more thus making it more expensive than the average item and people now say it is the best....

Fine ADR no longer makes the silver............and??????????? they are still available.... But you should know this considering the amount of time I wasted sending you pictures....... Why would I send you pictures of something that I could not get due to lack of availability? But once again you passed on incorrect information to someone

Not to mention that there are other wheels that have a better reputation than the ADR's with the same look..

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 09-21-2004 at 05:07 PM.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
...Fine ADR no longer makes the silver............and??????????? they are still available.... But you should know this considering the amount of time I wasted sending you pictures....... Why would I send you pictures of something that I could not get due to lack of availability? But once again you passed on incorrect information to someone
You are the one saying all the time to READ FIRST, UNDERSTAND OR WHATEVER BEFORE POSTING A REPLY !!

READ MY DAMM POST !!!!! I don't mind, in fact, I encourage people to tell me things that I can correct and learn from them, but I'm getting sick and tired of people telling me how to do things correctly then they turn around and do the same thing wrong.

1- Tell me exactly where I passed on incorrect information ? I said they didn't make them anymore. Am I wrong ? NO ! I got that info from ADR so it's not my opinion, it's a FACT! WHERE DID I PASS ON INCORRECT INFORMATION ?

NOW, are they still available ? YES, but what happens in a couple of years when you break one and you then can't get a replacement ? You have to buy 4 new rims. To me that's important and I didn't even mention that in my post, because that's MY reason for looking for another style.

Then you say you WASTED your time sending me pictures. If doing your job by giving a prospective client some information so he can make up his mind on what to buy from you is wasting your time, then OK I wasted your time. BUT let's think about this now, if I haven't bought anything yet and I'm still looking, isn't it correct that I can still be your client ? Why would a salesman tell a client that he's wasting his time with him ? That you don't have to answer because you do business whichever way you want and that's not my problem.
Old 09-21-2004, 05:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Good points.... But then your post was not clear (to me) because you made it seem like since ADR does not make that model, they are not available...... As for replacements, they would still be available even if they are not made anymore.......
Old 09-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
Good points.... But then your post was not clear (to me) because you made it seem like since ADR does not make that model, they are not available...... As for replacements, they would still be available even if they are not made anymore.......
THANK YOU. Now this post from you is the type of reply a man makes. It's also what I expect a forum like this should be.

Thanks again Drew.

BTW, I'm now looking for "Lowenhart BR-5" http://www.e-chromewheels.com/produc...enhart_br5.jpg OR "C55 or C32 type AMG" https://mbworld.org/forums/attachmen...id=37805&stc=1replicas still in 18" x 8.5 or 8.