C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-08-2004, 12:38 PM
DJM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by coconutpolito
Here's what I did,
I went to different dealerships and got quotes from all of them (total of 4). Went into fletcher jones and told them my lowest quote and asked if they could beat it. They,of course, didn't answer my question right away. They gave me some crap as to how the 05 C230k is new and that there really is no reason as to why a dealer would sell below invoice at this particular time. After about 15 minutes of this I told them that if they weren't willing to go below invoice that I would walk away and go to another dealer that would. Be prepared to walk away, also find out what other people have bought the car for, and be firm about what you want. Don't let them give you excuses as to why you should buy a car from them instead of the other guy. Remember it's your money! After everything was said and done I got my 05 C230k for $2250 below invoice with my C-Spot Coupon (if you have one of these don't mention until the deal is done and the paperwork is ready to be printed). Hope this helps.

I am also interested in purchasing an 05 soon and I have the C-Spot. What interest rate was MBUSA willing to give you if you don't mind me asking? I might try to get down there this weekend to see their inventory. Thanks
Old 07-09-2004, 09:26 PM

2004 E55 AMG WAGON
Thank you all for the very insightful answers. I look forward to putting a deal together soon.
Old 07-10-2004, 07:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Smile Probe???

Originally Posted by Nuvolari
Thank you all for the very insightful answers. I look forward to putting a deal together soon.
Mr. Nuvolari:

That is it???... you had pretty much everyone get involved and you were just "thank you all"... nah, nahhhh... I will have Vader choke with his dark side of the Brabus force...

All emperial forces have beed released in search of you Mr. Nuvolari!!!

Wiedermann
Old 07-11-2004, 10:23 AM

2004 E55 AMG WAGON
To Wiederman and the rest, certainly I could have done better so, on the topic of verhicle purchase, allow me to offer a true story from a friend of mine.

A friend of mine went to the Mercedes dealer interested in having a look at a used C-Class. Upon inquiring, the dealer did not have a C-class but tried to push him on the sale of a used S-Class. My friend stated that he did not need an S-Class and the dealer's answer was a classic. He put his arm on my friends shoulder, looked at him and said "That's right sir, you do not need an S-Class but you deserve it"

Oh boy I can't wait to hit the dealers now.
Old 07-11-2004, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
......the dealer's answer was a classic. He put his arm on my friends shoulder......
Thats too close for comfort from that gay sales monkey. Broken finger time or at the least an elbow in the gut. I hate that **** when people I don't know try to pull that crap on me. $0.02
Old 07-11-2004, 04:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
To Wiederman and the rest, certainly I could have done better so, on the topic of verhicle purchase, allow me to offer a true story from a friend of mine.

A friend of mine went to the Mercedes dealer interested in having a look at a used C-Class. Upon inquiring, the dealer did not have a C-class but tried to push him on the sale of a used S-Class. My friend stated that he did not need an S-Class and the dealer's answer was a classic. He put his arm on my friends shoulder, looked at him and said "That's right sir, you do not need an S-Class but you deserve it"

Oh boy I can't wait to hit the dealers now.
At this point I still agree with My good friend Mr. Wiedermann,
1. Your true story was lame The dealer must have saw that your friend was a sucker!! How do go from a C Class to an S Class? The price difference is so great that it is not an option.
2. Why didn't your friend call first to see what was in the dealers inventory?
3. A dealer with no used C-Class inventory is a dealership with poor inventory. Is it the only dealership within many miles?
4. Last, the S class must have been super old because a new Class would have been suggested if no c classes were available.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:25 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
I did not read this whole thread. But all i wanna say is, your not gonna get a new model year car such as an 05 right now UNDER invoice. Even dealer employees usually only get the cars at invoice. Unless your talking about Buell's situation. When a new model is out and they have left over old ones, sure they will sell them under invoice to get rid of them. I remember when I was a salesmen at Infiniti, I sold a 2003 Q45 5 grand UNDER invoice.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can get a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan for a considerable amount below invoice, at least around me in "The O.C.". Don't believe me, price a car out on carsdirect.com, about $800-1,000 below invoice and that includes carsdirect and the dealer's profit. Subtract out carsdirect's profit and the car should be even cheaper. Don't want to haggle? Just buy it from carsdirect, no finance manager trying to scam you, no waiting at the dealer, the car is delivered to your house. I was even able to negotiote a few hundred below carsdirect price at a Jeep dealer.
Old 07-11-2004, 05:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mr.Buellwinkle,
You have made up for your last incorrect post
It amazes me that people are not willing to search for information that can help them save money.

I like toys and toys cost money so I don't want to just give it away. And there is nothing worse than finding out you could have got a better deal if you had looked

Last edited by Anaheim_Drew; 07-11-2004 at 05:45 PM.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Almost a Member!

C-spot Coupon

Hello everyone. I am getting ready to purchase a new C230K and I was wondering if anyone has a C-Spot Coupon they would like to pass along to me.

Luke
Old 07-11-2004, 11:49 PM

2004 C230W
Coupon

Originally Posted by lkc230k
Hello everyone. I am getting ready to purchase a new C230K and I was wondering if anyone has a C-Spot Coupon they would like to pass along to me.

Luke
Try www.ebay.com if you need a coupon. It seems like there are a lot more people looking for a coupon on this board than coupons out there. I got one at the Chicago event about two weeks ago, but I already gave it away to a friend who just bought a 2005. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 325i
Originally Posted by Junbug
Try www.ebay.com if you need a coupon. It seems like there are a lot more people looking for a coupon on this board than coupons out there. I got one at the Chicago event about two weeks ago, but I already gave it away to a friend who just bought a 2005. Good luck.
Agree, Good Luck
Old 07-12-2004, 12:26 PM

'03 C320 coupe
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
...You can get a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan for a considerable amount below invoice, at least around me in "The O.C.". .

Not just in sunny Cali...You can get '05 230 sedans (and coupes) below invoice in the D.C. area, too...at least that was the case through early July while the latest manufacturer-to-dealer incentives were still in place. You should still be able to accomplish it with just a c-spot coupon in your hand. These are not rare cars and have been consistently discounted at varying levels for what seems to be nearly two years now.

I don't really get what all the anxiety is about. You do your homework and know the market (knowledge is power, blah, blah, blah), decide what you want and what you are willing to pay for it, find at least 2 dealers who have a car in inventory that you'd be happy with and then TELL THEM what you are willing to pay for it. I keep it simple and straightforward. Only once has a dealer not accepted my initial offer, and even in that case only $200 was at issue.

Dealers will make quick work of timid and uncertain buyers.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:56 PM

What really would help is have somekind of broker do the initial transaction for you. In my case, I got my wife's car through my credit union. Hassle free car buying, I got my loan through them and I told them what car and options I wanted.
They did some calls and all I need to do is go to that dealership and sign papers, the deal was closed in about 3 hrs. The credit union did the search and negotiated the price. The sticker price on the 04 C230K Sedan I got was $36990, the price I paid was $33500+ taxes and licensing. The car I got was exactly the one I want, color and options, the best part is I got 2.49% on my financing. Good luck.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:59 PM

2016 E63s AMG
are there any members with one left that is not selling it. If you are not going to use it, can you please pass it to those of us who could without the extra price tag. Just want to know? thanks all
Old 07-12-2004, 02:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
are there any coupons left this late in the game?
Old 07-12-2004, 02:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by ///M3N
What really would help is have somekind of broker do the initial transaction for you. In my case, I got my wife's car through my credit union. Hassle free car buying, I got my loan through them and I told them what car and options I wanted.
They did some calls and all I need to do is go to that dealership and sign papers, the deal was closed in about 3 hrs. The credit union did the search and negotiated the price. The sticker price on the 04 C230K Sedan I got was $36990, the price I paid was $33500+ taxes and licensing. The car I got was exactly the one I want, color and options, the best part is I got 2.49% on my financing. Good luck.

I think a better title for this thread would be; "How to buy below invoice without doing any research, paying a broker, etc"
I'm a broker and find that those with 1 million questions want everything for free. They don't understand that unless the deal goes through, the broker does not get paid.
Old 07-12-2004, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I'm really confused about this guy. He is practically begging for a coupon in this thread; in another one he is talking about some home equity financing to buy his MY05 C320 SS; and yet in another he is talking about owning a ML500. Why does all of it sound like some teenage troll looking for some attention?
Old 07-12-2004, 11:19 PM

Question Buying in the next week or two....

A quick question regarding the C-Note: Although they appear to be transferable, are all M-B dealerships required to accept/honor them? My local dealer is giving me the "I'm not really sure; let me check into that" treatment. I've also requested quotes from about 6 other dealerships within a 5 hour driving radius, but I would like to refrain from mentioning the possibility of using a C-Note until we get the final price determined.....thanks.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:12 AM

2004 C230W
Here's the fine print off of a coupon

The coupon says:

Subject to credit approval. Not everyone will qualify. Discount is $1,500 toward the lease or finance of a new Mercedes-Benz C-Class at a participating and authorized dealer through Mercedes-Benz Credit only. All taxes to be paid by the customer. This offer may be combined with any other offer, is not valid without this original coupon, can only be used by the individual presenting this coupon, and is not redeemable for cash. This coupon cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Only one discount coupon per customer. This coupon expires 90 days from the date of your attendance at the C Spot Drive Party.

I guess it is only good thru Mercedes credit only? Also participating and authorized dealer?
Old 07-13-2004, 07:09 AM

2016 E63s AMG
not begging, but I didn't retain everything I have by giviing away money amdeutsch. If I could have attented this event I would not be asking. Not close to being a teenager. Kind of wish I could be that age again though. Don't be so quick to judge people without finding out about them.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:49 AM

Thanks for the info, Junbug. I suppose it's probably a good idea to have mentioned the C-Note upfront with my local dealer prior to spending $150-$200 purchasing one on Ebay. Hopefully they'll have an answer for me today. I'll post their "official" response regarding the "participating and authorized dealer" portion of the verbiage.....thanks.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:08 PM

'01 ML430, '03 C320 Coupe MT, '14 GL450
Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. Nuvolari:

... MB world wide sales are 75% made in the US alone ... HOWEVER... recently all sales have taken a dive... especially the last past couple of months...

Wiedermann
You just don't have a clue, do you. USA sales are around 20% of total sales, the single biggest market outside of Germany, I believe, but not even close to 75% as you stated. Makes me wonder about all the other "statistics" you are so happy to share.
MB Sales Figures (July 2003). Even though this is old, there has not been that much movement to suddenly have the US buy three quarters of MB's products.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's because 43.6% of all statistics are made up.
Old 07-13-2004, 07:06 PM

Good news! I received a call this afternoon from my local M-B dealer (I'm in AR), and he confirmed that the C-Note was fully transferable and valid as long as it had not yet expired. He did a good job of covering all the bases; said he spoke to not only his marketing manager, but also a representative with M-B credit.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider