C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 07-13-2004, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'01 ML430, '03 C320 Coupe MT, '14 GL450
Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
That's because 43.6% of all statistics are made up.
Now THAT'S funny (oldie but goldie) . Statistics can be used to support anything, especially statisticians.
Old 07-15-2004, 04:19 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
My new 2005 C230K internet buying experience

On July 3rd I took delivery on my new 2005 C230 Kompressor Sport right in front of my house. I’m new to the forum and wanted to share the experience that I went through in purchasing the car which initially started through the internet then over the phone for specific details and lastly the finalization of the deal.

Weeks before my purchase, I visited a number of forums to get an idea what some people were paying for the 2005 C230K. One particular post on the web mentioned that he got his car at W.I. Simonson in Santa Monica for a very good deal. I went over to their website and sent an e-mail letting them know I was interested in the 2005 C230K. I get a call from Helen who was the Internet Manager. I gave her the options of what I was looking for which were the Entertainment Package, Sunroof Package, Automatic Transmission in Brilliant Silver with Charcoal leather inserts. We talked numbers and availability. The MSRP for this particular car was $34,800. Selling cars over internet according to Helen which she does often is subject to a discount of $1700 below the invoice price of the car which was $33,000. That brought the sales price down to $31,300. The local dealership here in San Diego wasn’t even close to what W.I. Simonson had to offer. After negotiating on the final price and before giving the okay over the phone, I informed her about my C-Spot coupon. At first, she was unaware of what the C-Spot coupon was. So I went ahead and faxed over her a copy of the details. She gave it an okay but I had to overnight her the coupon before they could deliver the car to my house which by the way was complimentary delivery in Southern California. Once Helen received the C-Spot coupon, she went ahead and scheduled my delivery with their driver. When the driver arrived with the new C230K, we signed all the papers and I became a new owner of a Mercedes Benz.

This was an experience that I think many are not used to because you don’t actually see your physical car until it’s delivered right to your doorstep on a flatbed. I did test drive a similar car at the local dealership here in San Diego prior to my purchase over the internet. The car looks great and arrived in perfect condition with only 15 miles on it. Would I buy my next future Benz over the internet again? Definitely if the price is right!
Attached Thumbnails W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider-dsc00056.jpg   W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider-dsc00057.jpg   W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider-dsc00058.jpg  
Old 07-15-2004, 04:51 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Helen is great!!! I have done a number of deals with her in the last month for people. My mother go her first benz in 1973 from WI in Santa Monica.
Nice car great deal!!!
Old 07-15-2004, 11:16 AM
DJM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by StarWarsC230K
We talked numbers and availability. The MSRP for this particular car was $34,800. Selling cars over internet according to Helen which she does often is subject to a discount of $1700 below the invoice price of the car which was $33,000. That brought the sales price down to $31,300. After negotiating on the final price and before giving the okay over the phone, I informed her about my C-Spot coupon. At first, she was unaware of what the C-Spot coupon was. So I went ahead and faxed over her a copy of the details. She gave it an okay but I had to overnight her the coupon before they could deliver the car to my house which by the way was complimentary delivery in Southern California. Once Helen received the C-Spot coupon, she went ahead and scheduled my delivery with their driver. When the driver arrived with the new C230K, we signed all the papers and I became a new owner of a Mercedes Benz.
Congrats on your car!!! Looks awsome. So you ended up getting the car for $31,300 - $1500(C-Spot) = $29,800 + tax and license? Thats a GREAT Deal, best I have seen yet for an 05. I am looking to buy on as well. Same car but in a 6MT. How did MB work with you on the financing for the vehicle since you used the C-Spot coupon?
I live in SoCal as well and will definitly give Helen a call. Once again, congrats on your new car.
Old 07-15-2004, 11:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
good sotry!! it must have been a good feeling when it came delivered to ur doorstep!!! what did u pay for the car total (including taxes and delivery?)
Old 07-15-2004, 12:35 PM
LWL

2005 C230K, Lexus GS400
Congrats. I just received my 05 C230K 3 days ago, too. I purchased the car from a LA area dealer and had them delivered to me, and guess what, that driver who delivered your car is the same guy who delivered my car to SF to me!!!!!!!! Same driver, same truck, same flat bed. Too bad I couldn't take pic when my car was still on the flatbed b/c when I came out from my apt, he already unloaded the car. I guess this guy is the main delivery guy/company that LA area dealers share. Hope you enjoy your new ride
Old 07-15-2004, 12:37 PM

Congrats

Last edited by mrchris91; 07-15-2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06 325i
Congrats
Old 07-15-2004, 01:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

c230 kompressor
Great i might consider doing that in the future! Car looks really good
Old 07-15-2004, 01:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2003 Citron Green C230KMT
thats a great deal. i considered internet buying but decided on ordering thru the dealer since my color and options combo were unique.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:38 PM

2002 Paprika C230 Coupe
2001 Unseen Purchase

In 2000 when MB came out with new C redisgned, there was a wait of about 3-6 months after the first delivery.

I was so amazed by the pictures of C class on internet, I had put a $1000 deposit with my MB Dealer (greates dealer in Midwest) Lujack Auto Plaza.

A month or two later dealer called me and told me they are getting one, its dessert silver. Told me if I wanted it, I better come and get it b4 it gets spoken for. Its was at MSRP. I drove down, signed the papers.

In a few days I had a car delivered to me. This was the first time I had seen this car in person, not just this car but had never seen the new C class in person. I was very surprised and happy. I had the car for 3 years and traded it in for 2002 C230 coupe.

I really wanted a PAPRIKA which only comes in c230 coupe.

Thats my little story where I bought the car without ever seeing it or driving it.
Old 07-15-2004, 03:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
wow, great deals on these C230s! Too bad they didnt have a V6 in there or I would be all over it!
Old 07-15-2004, 04:23 PM

C320 Coupe
say i could get an amazing deal from the dealer out in southern california, or any other state for that matter, compared with my dealer. would i be able to order through the internet/phone and have it shipped from that state to south florida? or are these deals only instate situations.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:14 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Smile

Hi All,
Thanks for all the greetings. Yeah, I got a pretting good deal on this car. If any of you are planning to get one soon, you may want to give Helen a call.
Thanks again and I'm looking forward to talking to all you soon in other posts.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:20 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by DJM
Congrats on your car!!! Looks awsome. So you ended up getting the car for $31,300 - $1500(C-Spot) = $29,800 + tax and license? Thats a GREAT Deal, best I have seen yet for an 05. I am looking to buy on as well. Same car but in a 6MT. How did MB work with you on the financing for the vehicle since you used the C-Spot coupon?
I live in SoCal as well and will definitly give Helen a call. Once again, congrats on your new car.
Hey Thanks! The total price + tax and license came to $34,035. I financed the car through MB credit in which they could only apply the C-Spot coupon as part of the downpayment. They gave me a good rate at 2.9% for 60 months.
Old 07-16-2004, 01:26 AM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Smile

Originally Posted by LWL
Congrats. I just received my 05 C230K 3 days ago, too. I purchased the car from a LA area dealer and had them delivered to me, and guess what, that driver who delivered your car is the same guy who delivered my car to SF to me!!!!!!!! Same driver, same truck, same flat bed. Too bad I couldn't take pic when my car was still on the flatbed b/c when I came out from my apt, he already unloaded the car. I guess this guy is the main delivery guy/company that LA area dealers share. Hope you enjoy your new ride
Congrat to you also. That's pretty bizarre that the same driver delivered your car too. He must be contracted like you said by LA dealers.
Old 07-16-2004, 11:01 AM
DJM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by StarWarsC230K
Hey Thanks! The total price + tax and license came to $34,035. I financed the car through MB credit in which they could only apply the C-Spot coupon as part of the downpayment. They gave me a good rate at 2.9% for 60 months.

Just to clarify, you got the car for $31,300 + tax and license? And then they used the C-Spot coupon as part of your down payment? Still sounds like a good deal!!! I'm definitely giving Helen a call soon.
Old 07-19-2004, 04:27 PM

2005 C230 Kompressor
Originally Posted by DJM
Just to clarify, you got the car for $31,300 + tax and license? And then they used the C-Spot coupon as part of your down payment? Still sounds like a good deal!!! I'm definitely giving Helen a call soon.
That's correct. If you read the fine print on the C-Spot coupon, the rebate only applies if you will be financing through MB or leasing. If you will be paying by cash then the $1500 coupon cannot be used. Hope this helps.
Old 07-20-2004, 12:05 PM
Almost a Member!

Bought mine yesterday

I just joined these forums about an hour ago.... and i actually just bought a 2005 c230 SS yesterday (to be delivered hopefully by the end of the week)... i ended up negotiating 6.5% off the sticker price (about $50 over invoice)...

Black on Black
Heated Seats
10 way memory Power drive seat (i am 6'1" and my wife is 5')
Lighting Package
6 Disk CD changer
Sunroof Package
Automatic

I am dying to get the car.....
Old 07-20-2004, 12:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the new car. You could have done better but heck, it's only money.
Old 07-20-2004, 07:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Exclamation Statistics...

Mr. kokketiel:
Originally Posted by kokketiel
Originally Posted by Wiedermann
Mr. Nuvolari:

... MB world wide sales are 75% made in the US alone ... HOWEVER... recently all sales have taken a dive... especially the last past couple of months...

Wiedermann
You just don't have a clue, do you. USA sales are around 20% of total sales, the single biggest market outside of Germany, I believe, but not even close to 75% as you stated. Makes me wonder about all the other "statistics" you are so happy to share.
MB Sales Figures (July 2003). Even though this is old, there has not been that much movement to suddenly have the US buy three quarters of MB's products.
I am not an expert on statistics whatsoever as that is not my field of expertise at all. The information I shared in the past is accurate HOWEVER (and that is the problem isn't it??... there is always a however... oh well... lol) as Mr. Buellwinkle indicated:

Originally Posted by Buellwinkle
That's because 43.6% of all statistics are made up.
Though what Mr. Buellwinkle indicated is very true, the statistics I mentioned ARE correct.

I apologize for not replying sooner... I've been back on the board and though posting on other threads, this one just somehow I passed it by...

Now a little story!!!!....
Originally Posted by Nuvolari
Thank you all for the very insightful answers. I look forward to putting a deal together soon.
Mr. Nuvolari:

That is it???... you had pretty much everyone get involved and you were just "thank you all"... nah, nahhhh... I will have Vader choke with his dark side of the Brabus force...

All emperial forces have beed released in search of you Mr. Nuvolari!!!

Wiedermann
Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
Originally Posted by Nuvolari
To Wiederman and the rest, certainly I could have done better so, on the topic of verhicle purchase, allow me to offer a true story from a friend of mine.

A friend of mine went to the Mercedes dealer interested in having a look at a used C-Class. Upon inquiring, the dealer did not have a C-class but tried to push him on the sale of a used S-Class. My friend stated that he did not need an S-Class and the dealer's answer was a classic. He put his arm on my friends shoulder, looked at him and said "That's right sir, you do not need an S-Class but you deserve it"

Oh boy I can't wait to hit the dealers now.
At this point I still agree with My good friend Mr. Wiedermann,
1. Your true story was lame The dealer must have saw that your friend was a sucker!! How do go from a C Class to an S Class? The price difference is so great that it is not an option.
2. Why didn't your friend call first to see what was in the dealers inventory?
3. A dealer with no used C-Class inventory is a dealership with poor inventory. Is it the only dealership within many miles?
4. Last, the S class must have been super old because a new Class would have been suggested if no c classes were available.
I went to a dealership and when I got there... I just decided to go home!... end of the story

Oh boy... I smell trouble now!...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Old 07-20-2004, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
I am not an expert on statistics whatsoever as that is not my field of expertise at all.

Oh boy... I smell trouble now!...

Cheers!

Wiedermann
Yup you are. You better stay out of the car business. You are converting to the DARK SIDE. Better stay on the good side of the Farce, big oops, FORCE.

(duckundrennwegschnell) *g*
Old 07-21-2004, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Exclamation Dark side

Originally Posted by amdeutsch
Yup you are. You better stay out of the car business. You are converting to the DARK SIDE. Better stay on the good side of the Farce, big oops, FORCE.

(duckundrennwegschnell) *g*
The dark side clouds everything!!!!!

Wiedermann
Old 07-21-2004, 01:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

NA
Talking Car business!

Originally Posted by smgC32
Has anyone removed their factory window sticker in the lower corner of the passenger side windsheild? How to remove it cleanly? I don't feel their is a need for a "certificate of authenticity" since I have never seen a "fake" W203 on the road as of yet.
Like it has been mentioned on this thread... statistics are an scary thing to use... and since there are people more verse on that matter I rather have them expalin it. The information shared before is correct... the more scary part is what was also shared before on MB vehicles sales in Europe before as non-luxury vehicles such as (non restricted to, listed in no particular order): taxis, ambulances, police patrol, buses, wagons, vans, etc, etc are NOT part of the luxury sales market statistic information...

As Mr. amdeutsch indicated that if better for me to stay out of the car business... I am not in it!!!... haha!... I whish I did

(I still smelled something, but that was quickly fixed after I changed my 1 yr son's diapers )

Cheers!

Wiedermann

Last edited by Wiedermann; 07-21-2004 at 01:31 AM. Reason: Fix
Old 07-21-2004, 02:45 AM

Thank you for providing such a great information!
I am going to call Helen tomorrow too!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider