C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnand
LOL. That is the price we pay for a black car. I never regret it for a second though
absolutely. i think if kept clean, black is the hottest color on a mercedes, followed by white. (just slightly biased haha). How do you guys usually deal with the pollen? Washing the car just to get rid of pollen seems like a waste of time, i've been looking for a specific type of brush but I cant find any nice ones so far. any advice?
Old 04-25-2007, 07:01 PM

2004.0 C230 Sedan
Originally Posted by Fangito
btw, sick looking car vinci . the white looks so fresh, must be a pain to keep clean. I think I settled on black.
Contrary to popular belief, white is one of the easiest colors to keep "clean". Light color cars in general are easy to keep clean. Dark color cars, esp. black, are the hardest to keep looking clean. On a dark car, you will see every bit of dust, pollen, dirt, etc. after a wash. On a white or silver car, they look clean all the time until they are really really dirty.
Old 04-25-2007, 07:06 PM

His '06 C350 SS 6MT, Hers '07 C280 S Auto
Originally Posted by XenonBenz
Contrary to popular belief, white is one of the easiest colors to keep "clean".
I second that. I had two silver Subaru's back in the day and they'd look awesome even with a healthy coating of dust. Now mud of course would show and black brake dust, well, that looks nasty on all colors but day-to-day crap that gets on your car from just driving around, that stuff just really doesn't show.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:46 PM

Looking To Purchase an 07, Couple Questions

Hi there, I have been reading these boards for a little while educating myself on many topics, this place has been a huge help for information. Anyway, I have finally decided I am going to go with the current c-class for my next car.

I was decided on a 07 black c230 (hate the 08!), however I have spotted a few bits of feedback on the internet regarding outstanding offers for the c350, (3-5k off) which drops it right down to where a new undiscounted c230 would be. I was already prepared to pay around 35k out the door anyhow. Just looking for a bit of feedback on the c350 model, yay or nays? Worth the extra buck? Am I wrong to assume that this is a slower selling model they really like to get rid of if they can? If i can get more inside facts on this model's rep it would really help nail a solid deal.

As far as gas goes, I read that MB says to use 91 octane. However, lots of other car manufacturers recommend 91 on certain models when they don't really need it. Is it required to use 91 octane or will something lower be sufficient without causing harm?

Finally, I would love to drop this thing soon as I drive it off the lot. But I am not seeing suspension kits for 07 models out there. I would be looking to get a H&R cup kit or something in that range. Is there anything avaliable yet?

Thanks guys! I really appreciate all the info people put in around here.
Old 05-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Super Moderator Alumni

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Midnight Blue 2004.5 C230 Kompressor Sport Sedan. 2002 w210 E320, 2009 w211 E350 Sport
Originally Posted by srarcade
Hi there, I have been reading these boards for a little while educating myself on many topics, this place has been a huge help for information. Anyway, I have finally decided I am going to go with the current c-class for my next car.

I was decided on a 07 black c230 (hate the 08!), however I have spotted a few bits of feedback on the internet regarding outstanding offers for the c350, (3-5k off) which drops it right down to where a new undiscounted c230 would be. I was already prepared to pay around 35k out the door anyhow. Just looking for a bit of feedback on the c350 model, yay or nays? Worth the extra buck? Am I wrong to assume that this is a slower selling model they really like to get rid of if they can? If i can get more inside facts on this model's rep it would really help nail a solid deal.

As far as gas goes, I read that MB says to use 91 octane. However, lots of other car manufacturers recommend 91 on certain models when they don't really need it. Is it required to use 91 octane or will something lower be sufficient without causing harm?

Finally, I would love to drop this thing soon as I drive it off the lot. But I am not seeing suspension kits for 07 models out there. I would be looking to get a H&R cup kit or something in that range. Is there anything avaliable yet?

Search...
You've been merged.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

IS300
Originally Posted by srarcade

As far as the gas, I wouldnt try a lower octane on Mercedes. You will only save about 20 cents a gallon, it is a good amount but not worth the risk.

I think you should get the c350. I have the c230 and love everything about it except the power. The c350 will have a good amount of power and still has the good looks
Old 05-17-2007, 02:16 AM

I have a 2006 C350 4Matic demo that I got for under $35k as a certified used car with 4yr/100k mile warranty. This is the fastest car I've ever owned and feels much more powerful than my wifes 2005 3.0 BMW X3 - this despite the fact that I have an automatic. If you can find one, the 5-speed and non-4matics are even faster (I live in northern Ohio and have to be able to get to work no matter what so I went with the 4Matic). I actually test drove a 2003 c320 4matic when I was shopping for my previous car and wasn't terribly impressed with the accelleration, the 2003 BMW 330xi I also test drove seemed faster but didn't blow me away. This is the first car I've driven that actually pushes me back in my seat when I stomp on the gas at any speed, from 0 to 80 mph. For comparison, I test drove a Subaru WRX and it could throw you in your seat, but only once the turbo charger kicked in and not once you reached highway speeds. If you want to look up raw numbers, there are a myriad of websites you can choose from, autos.msn.com or caranddriver.com are generally good bets. However in my experience, the best way to find out how powerful a car feels is to actually test drive them, prefereably back to back. However I think you'll find it's much easier to find C230's in stock than C350's, used or otherwise. It was by simple dumb luck that I got my car. I was actually going to buy an Acura RDX (another fine AWD car, but it wasn't as refined or luxurious as the mercedes) but the Acura dealer wouldn't budge on the price, so on the way home I swung by a MB dealership and inquired about AWD cars, and this one had just come up for sale the day before. They didn't have any other C350's in the lot, new or used at the time, but plenty of new C230's.

As you can see, I've been very happy with my purchase.

Last edited by ER Doc; 05-17-2007 at 02:24 AM.