C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 09-09-2004, 07:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
................ Bell Helicopter & '05 C230 SS
Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
Hey this is my picture They are a good rim. No a cheap quality wheel. They have a good website......
You're right so now if I buy them you'll be able to post that you helped me here with the rims also !! I'm glad I joined this forum.

Do you have these rims on your car ? Do you have any pictures of them mounted, and while I'm asking, do you know of any pictures of RED sedans with Chrome rims ? I don't really know how to make a search for that one.
Old 09-09-2004, 07:59 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot
Somehow I think the forum's server messed up here because this last post doesn't go with what we're talking about . I think it was supposed to go somewhere else. Drew, check it out .
No it is correct... I was using it as a way to compare the deals showing that it is a good offer.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:24 AM
Banned

Ok, no problem, thanks.

BTW, do you have these rims on your car ? Do you have any pictures of them mounted, and while I'm asking, do you know of any pictures of RED sedans with Chrome rims ? I don't really know how to make a search for that one.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:37 AM

W208 CLK320
That's a great looking wheel, but I can't seem to find your prices anywhere. The best that i've found is $235/wheel at random online merchants.
Old 09-09-2004, 08:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by PRHeloPilot
Ok, no problem, thanks.

BTW, do you have these rims on your car ? Do you have any pictures of them mounted, and while I'm asking, do you know of any pictures of RED sedans with Chrome rims ? I don't really know how to make a search for that one.
Mr.HeloPilot,
You need to slow down, take a breath and think..Try the search feature..If you can't find what you want... then post a question... Why would you ask me do I have the adr rims on my car when a picture of my car is in my sig?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:48 AM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Mr.HeloPilot,
You need to slow down, take a breath and think..Try the search feature..If you can't find what you want... then post a question... Why would you ask me do I have the adr rims on my car when a picture of my car is in my sig?
Old 09-09-2004, 08:52 AM

W208 CLK320
Why would you ask me do I have the adr rims on my car when a picture of my car is in my sig?
Bad links, no pictures.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:15 AM
Banned

Mr.HeloPilot,
Since you said they were good rims, I figured you had used them in order to give me your opinion on them. The pictures in your sig don't show up so I wouldn't have a way of knowing better.
Old 09-09-2004, 09:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

]
Old 09-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Banned

Nope, still little boxes with red X in them. Maybe the link where you're taking them from is down.
Old 09-21-2004, 10:56 AM
Almost a Member!

Buying Advice Needed

Thanks to some great comments on this forum I am almost ready to purchase a 2005 C230 Sport Sedan. I have some additional questions. Having read many post concerning colors and options I would like a Pewter with the Ash or Charcoal interior, automatic transmission, entertainment package. I initially was considering getting a car without a sunroof but I have not found any with automatic. The pricing on the car I obtained from this forum. How is it possible that some dealers are willing to sell at around $1,500 under invoice. Is there enough incentive to sell the car at this price. I looked at the autotrader.com web site under new cars and saw the listings for a dealership in Houston at Greenway Plaza. They have quite a few 2005 C230 Sport Sedans in Pewter with Charcoal and automatic but none in the Ash interior. Will I get a better price on the Charcoal since there are more on the lot. Is it wise to mention that several members on this forum were able to purchase the cars in California at around $1,500 under invoice so they know that I did my homework. I am sure the average buyer does not know what he can actually purchase a car for. One last question has to do with a trade in. I currently own a 1996 BMW 328i automatic fully loaded in silver/grey. The only problem is that the car has 94,000 miles Will any dealer consider a trade in. A car with that many miles is hard to sell but at least I would save some tax. What are your recommendations. Does it help to wait a while when there will be more cars available and maybe obtain a better price. Thanks for all the good advice.
Old 09-21-2004, 11:23 AM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Originally Posted by drpje
How is it possible that some dealers are willing to sell at around $1,500 under invoice. Is there enough incentive to sell the car at this price. I looked at the autotrader.com web site under new cars and saw the listings for a dealership in Houston at Greenway Plaza.
Different markets, basic economics 101, more competiton=cheaper prices. Expect to pay slightly higher when like in my case, only dealer in town unless you drive a min of 1.5 hours away.

Will I get a better price on the Charcoal since there are more on the lot.
offhand, doubtful...a lot depends on how fast the 230s are moving off their lot. If he knows tommorrow, someone else will walk and scoop it up at his price, why cut you a deal?

Is it wise to mention that several members on this forum were able to purchase the cars in California at around $1,500 under invoice so they know that I did my homework.
Nope, he/she will simply chuckle and ask you, "you do realize you are in Texas right?"..but agaiin, refer back to 2nd answer.

One last question has to do with a trade in. I currently own a 1996 BMW 328i automatic fully loaded in silver/grey. The only problem is that the car has 94,000 miles Will any dealer consider a trade in.
They will definitely consider it, and most likely not offer what you want on it. Sounds like you might get ~8k for it. The usual rule of thumb is not to mention anything about a trade, until u have negotiated a final price 1st, then bring up the trade.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
i suggest the charcoal interior. honestly i suggest you get the lighting package since it is cheaper to get it from the factory equiped than to retrofit it later. plus you will have autoleveling and washers. have you thought about ordering the car?
Old 09-21-2004, 01:33 PM
Almost a Member!

Thanks for the help. I am in the process of dealing with the Mercedes dealer at Houston Greenway Plaza. They have an internet sales department. The salesman mentioned that he would be willing to sell the car for $32,000 He will be sending me a list of the options on the cars he has on the lot. There were several Pewter with Charcoal cars all with automatic transmission. None with the Ash interior. Maybe you are right Citron about getting the car with the Charcoal interior and the BiXenon lights. I will see if he has such a car available. Thanks
Old 09-21-2004, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Thanks for the help. I am in the process of dealing with the Mercedes dealer at Houston Greenway Plaza. They have an internet sales department. The salesman mentioned that he would be willing to sell the car for $32,000 He will be sending me a list of the options on the cars he has on the lot. There were several Pewter with Charcoal cars all with automatic transmission. None with the Ash interior. Maybe you are right Citron about getting the car with the Charcoal interior and the BiXenon lights. I will see if he has such a car available. Thanks
Good job, I emailed you and pm'd you but you seem to be doing alright on your own.
Old 09-21-2004, 01:56 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Don't know how many dealers there are in Houston...but 32 sounds good BEFORE T,T, &T. If that is the price after, then jump on it! (I'm sure it isn't though). Same as what I paid, and again I only have 1 dealer close. I'd call another dealer just to see what they say, tell what options, say you got 32 for a price, ask if they feel like dancing or they wall flowers.

You haven't discussed your trade yet have you??
Old 09-21-2004, 02:08 PM
Almost a Member!

Jan
The price of $32,000 is before taxes and fees. I am still waiting to find out exactly what options are on the car. I had requested a car in Pewter, automatic, sunroof, and the entertainment package so I assume this is what he had in mind when he quoted the price. I mentioned having done research on this forum and found that many members were getting the car at around $1,500 under invoice. He mentioned that he probably could get $32,000 approved but that $31,000 was "out of the question"!!
There are 4 dealers in Houston and the Greenway Plaza location is part of the Auto Nation chain. The dealership is quite large and they definitely have the most cars in town as well were the only dealers who tied in to the autotrader and Edmunds web sites so I am assuming they are most likely to deal. Thanks
Old 09-21-2004, 02:10 PM
Almost a Member!

I forgot to add that I did not mention my trade in. I am sure that they will not offer much but it seems like to sell a 1996 BMW with 94,000 miles will not be an easy sell. I am sure that they will wholesale the car but at least I will save some money on taxes.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
bi-xenon adds an entirely different look to the front of the car and when you get them freom the factory they are cheaper than retrofitting plus autoleveling and washers. im sooo glad i got mine from factory. i definately say hold out for BIX.
Old 09-21-2004, 02:43 PM

'05 SS Brillant Silver
Jan
I mentioned having done research on this forum and found that many members were getting the car at around $1,500 under invoice. He mentioned that he probably could get $32,000 approved but that $31,000 was "out of the question"!!There are 4 dealers in Houston and the Greenway Plaza location is part of the Auto Nation chain. The dealership is quite large and they definitely have the most cars in town as well were the only dealers who tied in to the autotrader and Edmunds web sites so I am assuming they are most likely to deal. Thanks
Again, that's in Cali where high market competition is...which seems to not exist outside Cali. I also make sure he turns "probably" 32, into "definitely" 32 before but talking any further numbers. he said no to 31, cuz he knows he move it for 32...No matter the size of the other dealers, I'd call just gauge pricing that area...otherwise you are taking one dealers word for it..that same dealer who is trying to get the most out of you he can. Another one might have what you want, even the coveted BIX that Citron wants you to get, . It doesn't hurt to call...using 32 as your baseline.
Old 09-27-2004, 04:09 PM
Almost a Member!

When To Purchase

I am interested in purchasing a 2005 C230K Sport Sedan. I have really learned a lot on this forum about the car as well as what is considered a good purchase price. Thanks to all for the help. I have been trying to purchase a car in Houston as well as San Antonio and am not having any luck in obtaining a good deal. The dealers recommended such as Cars Direct are not honoring the prices that others are getting on the car. I have been in contact with the Greenway Plaza as well as the North Houston Mercedes dealers and they want to sell the car at just below sticker due to demand. Many of you on this forum have been able to buy cars at below invoice especially in California where there is a lot of competition. I also have a 1996 BMW 328i automatic to trade which I have not mentioned to the dealers as I want to get the best price on the new car. Should I wait until the demand has died down to get a better price on a new car and maybe there will be used 2005's for sale as well. I would not think that the value of my trade in will decrease that much especially since it is not worth that much. I put very few miles on the car which will help.
If I were to buy a car in California by the time I pay to have the car shipped to Texas it will make the price almost what it would have cost me here and also lose the option of a trade in. Any other options. Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 04:30 PM

Boxster987 C230KSS M3
Hi drpje, maybe it's good time for a little vacation. I myself did it several years back when only one Texas dealer has the car with exact options and colors that I wanted. I drove back here in CA with my favoriate car and I enjoyed every minute of it.
Old 09-28-2004, 01:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

So what happened to this deal?

I am in the process of dealing with the Mercedes dealer at Houston Greenway Plaza. The salesman mentioned that he would be willing to sell the car for $32,000. There were several Pewter with Charcoal cars all with automatic transmission. None with the Ash interior. Thanks
Did the salesman flake?

. Any other options. Thanks
1. Take the best deal you can get on your own.
2. Wait and hope the market changes with hopes you can get a better deal? You still have to negotiate the deal so you are back at stage #1 with little savings depriciation on your trade in.
3. Get outside help......
Example;
One year I did our income taxes. Cost $30 Refund $5800
Next year paid an accountant Cost $300 Refund $9806
My point,,,,,, It is often better to pay someone with experience to achieve a better goal
Old 09-28-2004, 02:05 AM
Almost a Member!

Drew:
Yes the dealer flaked. When I mentioned about several members on this forum getting the car at around $1,500 under invoice he replied that he could sell the car at $32,000 but $31,000 would be out of the question. I then asked him to send me the options on the car. He replied that the car was pewter with charcoal, automatic, and sunroof. No entertainment package or bi-xenon and he wanted $33,000 for the car. This was at the Greenway Plaza Mercedes dealer. The North Houston dealer wanted $34,000 for the same car even though they were listed on the Cars Direct web site. So much for buying a car in Houston. In San Antonio there is only one dealer and they are not dealing due to the demand on the car. It is a very frustrating situation especially when you Californians can get a great deal with little effort. It looks like I will need to use your services or wait. Do you think the price will drop with time. I noticed some used 2005 C230K Sport Sedans for sale on the autotrader web site. Which will drop faster, the 2005 or my trade. I will wait if I can get a better deal. Thanks
Old 09-28-2004, 02:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Prices drop on everything... It is called depriciation... The benefit to buying a 2005 in 2004 is that you get free use in 2004. A 2005 bought in 2004 vs one bought in 2005 has the same blue book value if the numbers are the same.... If you buy a brand new 2004 in 2005 you have lost a year...... The deals are out there in Texas.... you just need to go to the right locations.....
As for when to buy, it is your choice..... but based on your numbers and the facts, you can get into what you want...... with the know how

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: W203/CL203 Car Buyer's Guide - All you want to know and consider