C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

Kleemann Dealer in Northern California : Conversion Techniques

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2002, 06:48 PM
gab

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kleemann Dealer in Northern California : Conversion Techniques

Anyone knows about them?

I called them and they quoted $995 for the alloy pulley and $400-$500 for install for 4 hours install on 2002 W203.

Kleemann, is there any other authorized dealer in Northern California. It looks like Conversion Techniques is ripping us off

Are they supposed to jack up the price for the pulley and installation charge
Old 05-17-2002, 01:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

let me tell u something from my experience..they are not that good..sort of BS guy....once..i call..and ask if they have the alloy pulley....the guy said.. I AM THE BIGGEST DEALER IN NORTHERN CALI...I ORDER MY STOCK FROM KLEMANN USA DIRECTLY...IF I WANT IT, I WILL GET IT!

i was like...hmm..this guy sound so confident....and i say..ok..go ahead..order it for me.......he say it will arrive on monday or tuesday (it was thursday when i order)...i say fine no pro....on monday..he called me..tell me that it will come only on tues...on tues...tell me that it is delay to thursday....

and on thurs...u noe wat happen.......Sorry...i couldnt get it...ALL BS!
Old 05-17-2002, 01:37 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

KLEEMANN in No Cal

In defense of CT- when the alloy pulley was ordered CT did not know that it was in DEVELOPMENT and not for immediate sale. Subsequently you order was cancelled- understandable.

KLEEMANN dealers are to sell at MSRP. Selling over or under is reason enough for loss of dealership. I will take this up with our marketing director and sort it out.

We will be adding another No Cal dealer very soon. Please check the website for contact info.
Old 05-17-2002, 01:50 AM
gab

i called several months ago and spoke with John at CT they said it would take about 5-6 hours of labor to install then I told them it would take less time for 2002 C coupe since there is no relocation of MAF so it would take about 2 to 3 hrs then he insisted it take 5-6 hours to install the pulley since they have to "inspect" and "test" the car before and after the install.

today I called they quote me $995 for alloy pulley so I asked them can I order directly from Kleemann in colorado and bring them in to install they replied me if there is any problem with the kit they make no guarantee for it.
Well since i bring them in the Kleemann kit even tho its not bought from them they should stand by them since they are kleemann authorized dealers rite?
Old 05-17-2002, 01:56 AM
gab

Just wondering if Kleemann issue any installation hour guidance to their dealers?

I understand different shops charge different hourly rate but the total number of hour labor should be rougly the same

all other Kleemann dealers i spoke to charge around 2-3 hours install, but 4 hours install is a bit too much I think, let alone they charge close to $100 an hour

They also sound very uncertain about how many labor hour it required then I asked them how many 230K engines u performed pulley installation then he replied they have done many supercharger install which is BS cos i asked him about the pulley kit not the supercharger and if he has done any he should know how much time it should take.

I really hope that there is more dealers in the NorCal area, otherwise I will be driving 500 miles to visit Evosport in LA
Old 05-17-2002, 01:58 AM
gab

One more question:

When am I looking into for the release of the alloy pulley?
Old 05-17-2002, 02:00 AM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Bringing parts to a shop is like bringing your own steak to a restaurant. You deprive the owners of their margins- margins they need to stay in business.

CT's explination may not be what I would coose to say but I cannot police everyone. I would expect that people would like that an installer make sure the job is done right- again I cannot mandate what they charge for labor cost and time.
Old 05-17-2002, 02:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2002 C230 Coupe
i really wish there were more dealers in north cal too!!
some people in south cal get the kit installed under $1k total
we in the same state should get the same type of treatment

having to spend 6 hrs driving down there for a 2-3 hr job,
and then another 6 hrs back is really something...
Old 05-17-2002, 03:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

kleemann..thanks

now i know why they say..I AM THE LARGEST DISTRIBUTOR IN NOR. CA....becos theres onli 1 !hahaha... its just like..drawing a perfect straight line throught X number of dots..only that.. X is 2...wat if X is 3? 10? 100? 99?