C-Class (W203) 2001-2007, C160, C180, C200, C220, C230, C240, C270, C280, C300, C320, C230K, C350, Coupe

First ticket w/ my new car!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 02:29 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
05 C230K
First ticket w/ my new car!!

OC cops are real ***** wholes. i didnt make a complete stop at a stop sign, and he wrote me a ticket w/ 4 citations.

1 is not making a complete stop at a stop sign.
2 is turning to the second lane when i made the right turn from the stop sign.
3 no insurance with me in person
4 no plates.

What kind of ***** whole cop would write 4 citations for not making a full stop. Although these are my fault, but again... that is a little harsh for mainly pulling me over for an incomplete stop. last time when my friend got pulled over the cop only gave him a speeding ticket, and his Audi had so many illegal aftermarket parts on there. That cop was nice and said "I can write you up for so many things, but you boys look like nice kids." haha and I had no seat belt on either that time, cuz my friend's new seats didnt come w/ seat belts. I guess Im not so lucky.

Question: when i bring my car to court for the plate check up, and i dont want to drill wholes on my front bumper. What will you guys suggest?
Old 10-15-2004, 02:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2003 Citron Green C230KMT
damn that sucks! i am always worried about getting a no plate ticket! i dont want those holes in my bumper!

i suggest getting the base, tape it to the bumper with plate attached. have them check it out then leave. i dont think you have to go to court, just a police station to have it signed off.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:23 AM

2002 C230 Kompressor coupe, white
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
damn that sucks! i am always worried about getting a no plate ticket! i dont want those holes in my bumper!

i suggest getting the base, tape it to the bumper with plate attached. have them check it out then leave. i dont think you have to go to court, just a police station to have it signed off.

or you can do what i did, i attached it onto the bottom grill with two plastic tie thingies- where you stick one end in and pull till its tight, i forgot what they are called... looks ugly as heck but hey, i got my tickets signed off..
Old 10-15-2004, 05:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

C230K Coupe/Orion/C4/C5/CD/AMG Spoiler/V60/TeleAid, 2 MGB's
Originally Posted by Shohoku
OC cops are real ***** wholes. i didnt make a complete stop at a stop sign, and he wrote me a ticket w/ 4 citations.

1 is not making a complete stop at a stop sign.
perhaps you should learn to drive safely instead of whining about getting caught for doing something so obviously wrong in the presence of a police officer.
2 is turning to the second lane when i made the right turn from the stop sign.
perhaps you should learn to drive correctly instead of whining about getting caught for doing something so obviously wrong in the presence of a police officer.
3 no insurance with me in person
perhaps you should learn to have your credentials in order instead of whining about getting caught for being so obviously wrong in the presence of a police officer.
4 no plates.
perhaps you should read the motor vehicle laws in your state's driver's manual instead of whining about getting caught for being so obviously stupid in the presence of a police officer.

What kind of (mis-spelled expletive deleted) cop would write 4 citations for not making a full stop. Although these are my fault, but again... that is a little harsh for mainly pulling me over for an incomplete stop. last time when my friend got pulled over the cop only gave him a speeding ticket, and his Audi had so many illegal aftermarket parts on there. That cop was nice and said "I can write you up for so many things, but you boys look like nice kids." haha and I had no seat belt on either that time, cuz my friend's new seats didnt come w/ seat belts. I guess Im not so lucky.

Question: when i bring my car to court for the plate check up, and i dont want to drill wholes on my front bumper. What will you guys suggest?
You're lucky. For lack of insurance information and license plates, he could have impounded your car and had it towed, searched and secured in police storage at a daily fee until you produced proof of insurance and plates.
Please remember, police have a presence to protect people and enforce the laws of your state and municipalities. This officer was doing his job, and let he you off easy. As you yourself stated, these violations ARE YOUR FAULT, and you should now realize he saved you a few hundred dollars plus the embarrassment (and possible damage) of having your car towed from the scene of your violations.
I would suggest that when you go to court, you put away the childish attitude and accept responsibility for your mistakes, rather than blaming the officer for doing his job. It's not the officer's fault you were so blatantly wrong, he just happened to catch you. Further, you should learn to abide by traffic laws before you end up dented...or dead. Laws and police are there to protect you....as well as others from people like you!

(stepping off my soap box, now)

Last edited by Rick; 10-15-2004 at 05:20 AM.
Old 10-15-2004, 08:51 AM

2009 Porsche 911 Carrera S
Shohoku,

Now let me see if I understand what your're saying... You seem to somewhat admit that you were at fault but are complaining that you were caught and/or singled out?

Well, I completely agree with Rick said to you. So grow up, become a responsible citizen and as to what happened to you...
Attached Thumbnails First ticket w/ my new car!!-boo-fucking-hoo.jpg  
Old 10-15-2004, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
Originally Posted by jlm003
Shohoku,

Now let me see if I understand what your're saying... You seem to somewhat admit that you were at fault but are complaining that you were caught and/or singled out?

Well, I completely agree with Rick said to you. So grow up, become a responsible citizen and as to what happened to you...
Well said Quick correction on your post;
He does not somewhat admit that he was at fault................ He did 100% admit that he was at fault...........
Although these are my fault
I think instead of being concerned about putting holes in his bumper, he should be concerned that he just got 2 points on his CDL for the moving violations...
Old 10-15-2004, 10:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
i live in northern california and my car got no front plate. because my car got no front plate, I would look around to see how many people don't have them either. whoa, there are a lot of cars without the front plates. sports cars, SUV, sedans, trucks, etc. I would say 30% to 35% of the cars here don't have front plates.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Originally Posted by kompressorchick
or you can do what i did, i attached it onto the bottom grill with two plastic tie thingies- where you stick one end in and pull till its tight, i forgot what they are called... looks ugly as heck but hey, i got my tickets signed off..
You are asking for trouble. Any decent size speed bump, and your front plate will rip the mesh and bruise the front lip.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S4
Originally Posted by Rick
You're lucky. For lack of insurance information and license plates, he could have impounded your car and had it towed, searched and secured in police storage at a daily fee until you produced proof of insurance and plates.
Please remember, police have a presence to protect people and enforce the laws of your state and municipalities. This officer was doing his job, and let he you off easy. As you yourself stated, these violations ARE YOUR FAULT, and you should now realize he saved you a few hundred dollars plus the embarrassment (and possible damage) of having your car towed from the scene of your violations.
I would suggest that when you go to court, you put away the childish attitude and accept responsibility for your mistakes, rather than blaming the officer for doing his job. It's not the officer's fault you were so blatantly wrong, he just happened to catch you. Further, you should learn to abide by traffic laws before you end up dented...or dead. Laws and police are there to protect you....as well as others from people like you!

(stepping off my soap box, now)

OWNED- big time lol
Old 10-15-2004, 10:52 AM

Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Originally Posted by vadim
You are asking for trouble. Any decent size speed bump, and your front plate will rip the mesh and bruise the front lip.
My assumption is that the intent is to pass inspection, by having a plate, in place, then remove the plate after the inspection, so falling off is not a concern. That option eliminates the requirement to drill holes into the bumper, just to pass inspection, prior to resumption of violating the local statutes regarding a front plate.

BTW, those thingies are nylon wire ties.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:54 AM

Audi 225 TT.w203 sedan.Bmw 318tiCali.Ed.VW Jetta vr6
i just got a no front plate and tinted windows tickets. they got me at an inspection check stop on my way to class. i just sucked it up and paid them. i dont really want to drill holes either, plus i think it looks a lot better with no tag. new jersey sucks!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:56 AM

Debadged 6-Speed '05 C320 Sports Coupe
Originally Posted by LowCaliTi
new jersey sucks!
Why not tell us how you really reel?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Anaheim_Drew
I think instead of being concerned about putting holes in his bumper, he should be concerned that he just got 2 points on his CDL for the moving violations...
i dont know Drew, id be more concerned over the 2 holes. the 2 points come off in time, those freaking holes will always be there unless i:

A: buy a new bumper
B. fill them with puddy, and draw an MBWorld smiley in there spots
C. keep the license plate on

B doesnt sound too bad

|--------California--------|
|_________________________|
|---VTAMN C----|
Old 10-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
2004 Civic Si. FWD for the Win!
Originally Posted by CitronC230K_03
C. keep the license plate on
Actually, that sounds the most reasonable to me. What's the big deal with having a front license plate?

The most idiotic thing is not having one, then whining when you get the ticket (or adding in the equally moronic "I have tint, and I got a tint ticket. WTF?").

How about all of you anti-front license plate people move to a state that doesn't make you use them? 6 months there, and driving around with a front license plate won't seem so bad after all.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah i suppose, until then ill be scooting under the radar doing my best not to have it put on!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E320
I ride around without my front plate. Got a ticket already. But I already accepted the risk long ago.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:32 PM

2002 C230 Kompressor coupe, white
Originally Posted by wingless
My assumption is that the intent is to pass inspection, by having a plate, in place, then remove the plate after the inspection, so falling off is not a concern. That option eliminates the requirement to drill holes into the bumper, just to pass inspection, prior to resumption of violating the local statutes regarding a front plate.

BTW, those thingies are nylon wire ties.

you assumed correctly
Old 10-15-2004, 02:48 PM
Almost a Member!

05 C230K
I guess this forum is full of angry people that have never broken any driving regulations (like rick), and would rather insult than give advice on what I asked for. Anyway, I was expression my opinion, and you dont have to agree. However, I think more than a hand full of people here in SoCal would agree w/ me when i say cops are D**Ks here.

btw i think i did say "no plates" i didnt have front and back plates, because it is a new car. I go to school at UCI, and the plates were mailed to my home in arcadia last week. so was my insurance doc. I just didnt get the chance to go back to pick it up yet cuz i live so far away. In my opinion another cop would have just given me a warning for the insurance and plates.

I guess Rick really thinks I am terribly dangerous for stopping at a stop sign for 1 second instead of the "lawful" full 3 seconds. Im sure Rick stops for 3 seconds at every stop sign he has ever came across, and never made a rolling stop either. Btw, when you make a left turn or right turn, you have never made a turn into the farther lane instead of the inside lane correct? If that is not true, then dont be an idiot and tell me what the law says. Everyone knows the driving regulations, but how many people have never broken one unintentionally. It is my run in w/ the law, not yours, and I have accepted my responsibility by signing the citation. Be useful for a change, and dont read and comment on my posts if you disagree w/ me.

Thank you to those that have been helpful with suggestions on the bumper issue. I might just get do what Citron230K suggested.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'09 911 C4S
Mr. Shohoku,

For the front plates, you can check out the local Acura dealers, they might have a gift/product that might surprise you.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

However, I think more than a hand full of people here in SoCal would agree w/ me when i say cops are D**Ks here.

Last edited by CitronC230K_03; 10-15-2004 at 02:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2001 C320ss, 2005 Ford F150 Supercrew, GSXR,
However, I think more than a hand full of people here in SoCal would agree w/ me when i say cops are D**Ks here.
In some situations I agree But this is not one of them

btw i think i did say "no plates" i didnt have front and back plates, because it is a new car. I go to school at UCI, and the plates were mailed to my home in arcadia last week. so was my insurance doc.
This statement of yours says you are just full of
1.It is a new car and even if you took off your prized FJM lic. frame, the cop would have seen the paperwork in the corner of the windshield. Even a jerk cop would not waste time on a charge that could bite him in the ***.
2. Insurance doc just arrived at the folks house in Arcadia? BS... your insurance company gave you something within that week of your car purchase even if it was just a fax and not the official card.
I just didnt get the chance to go back to pick it up yet cuz i live so far away. In my opinion another cop would have just given me a warning for the insurance and plates.
Maybe he just didn't like you.......Imagine that
Old 10-15-2004, 03:33 PM

2004 Capri Blue C32
This forum is way more active (and sarcastic) than the C32/C55 forum!
Old 10-15-2004, 03:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

gotta alot more people with time on their hands. LOL!

oh yeah and i suppose a wider selection of 203's help!
Old 10-15-2004, 04:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2005 C320wz
speaking of the man in blue, this morning as I was driving to work, the CHP car followed me for about 5 minutes. I thought I was gonna get busted too for not having the front plate but luckily it exited the freeway
Old 10-15-2004, 04:32 PM
Almost a Member!

Originally Posted by mick1
speaking of the man in blue, this morning as I was driving to work, the CHP car followed me for about 5 minutes. I thought I was gonna get busted too for not having the front plate but luckily it exited the freeway
He was waiting for you do do something else... It is also required up here in Seattle, yet i'd rather pay a fine then wear around that front plate. It is my understanding that they will not pull you over on a front plate violation in itself but, if they get you for something else, count on it getting tacked on.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: First ticket w/ my new car!!